• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I scroll right past anything without pics reguardless of what it is. Even if I am interested in the item. I figure they must not want to sell it bad enough.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Here I sit broken hearted...........

No picts at this time.

pics-or-it-didnt-happen.png

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You might want to read the new STICKY at the top of the classified forums. ;)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_gone_missing_do_not_offer_to_send_pics.html

:ingo:

The whole point of the rule is that if you don't post pics (or say you don't have them), people inevitably bump the thread asking for pics. If you offer to e-mail them, people bump the thread saying "E-mail them to me, please!". If you have them, just freaking post them. That way, you see, people won't bump your thread for stupid reasons.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    The whole point of the rule is that if you don't post pics (or say you don't have them), people inevitably bump the thread asking for pics. If you offer to e-mail them, people bump the thread saying "E-mail them to me, please!". If you have them, just freaking post them. That way, you see, people won't bump your thread for stupid reasons.

We have a winner!

Dawg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You might want to read the new STICKY at the top of the classified forums. ;)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_gone_missing_do_not_offer_to_send_pics.html

:ingo:

Indy_Guy_77 said:
    I'll put together a ZIP file of several more photos that I offer to email as well

My adds have plenty of photos. Some items, I've taken 30+ photos of for the purposes of selling. I'm certainly not going to post all 30 in my add. I post 6-7-8 and offer to email MORE.

No violation of the rules.

-J-

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It'd be easier if you could upload images directly to INGO. (If you already can, please tell me how)

Instead of uploading to a 3rd party site and linking the image back.

This is simple guys/gals. First set your camera to the setting that says for "email attachments", then create an album under your profile.
    Upload pics to album. Open a 2nd browser and then copy and paste your pics into your ad.

For a good example, click my avatar, look in my albums, the Heavy Metal knife is/has been in the classifieds for a few weeks now. I basically "write" my ad in my albums, then copy and paste everything.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    What irritates me and also makes me laugh because it's so ridiculous, is when they say no pics, it looks just like every other XXXX (model). Really? It there is no damage, no wear, then why not show that. I sure as hell am not going to give consideration to an ad, especally if is a distance from me, if they can't show me what it looks like.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think of all the ads I've posted on here, I did one recently with no pics.
    It was a brand new Ruger SR1911. The buyer was really pleased. In that instance, it was new, and I was just being lazy. But that is one ad in all that I have posted.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    You don't HAVE to have a picture, but why wouldn't you? You should be creating the best possible ad that you can.

:yesway: Exactly. You are wanting to SELL AN ITEM so your ad is your sales pitch, and trust me the more pictures, descriptive info, etc. you can put in your ad, the more likley somone is willing to say " I'll take it!"

I doubt that many members on this forum would buy an item sight unseen.
    I never would. The easier you make it for a potential buyer to get the info He / She needs to make a decision, the less tire kickers your going to get and more serious buyers. :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :yesway: Exactly. You are wanting to SELL AN ITEM so your ad is your sales pitch, and trust me the more pictures, descriptive info, etc. you can put in your ad, the more likley somone is willing to say " I'll take it!"

I doubt that many members on this forum would buy an item sight unseen.
    I never would. The easier you make it for a potential buyer to get the info He / She needs to make a decision, the less tire kickers your going to get and more serious buyers. :twocents:

I had a lot of positive feedback on my ad from people suggesting that it be stickied as an example:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sk_11_6_netbook_and_a_piece_of_ingo_lore.html

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    + I lost count on the no pics no buy from me.

Not everyone is a professional salesperson or marketer, but everyone is a salesperson.

Take a little time, write an accurate description, add a pic and you will be farther ahead because you won't get a bunch of questions that waste time. Plus your audience is larger because people who won't buy without the details won't pass over you.

Oh, and drop the "excellent condition for it's age and use". It is either in excellent condition or not. Age has nothing to do with descriptive words like "LNIB", "excellent", "good", etc.. Those descriptions are independent of the age and mileage. This is especially violated on automobiles.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Not to mention most people have cellphones and Id venture to say most if not all new cellphones have a camera on them. You can get some pretty decent pics off of cell phone cameras anymore. Just be sure to wipe the lens off first, mine has finger smudges on it all of the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Another point. I have PM 3 separate sellers this week. 1 trade offer and 2 cash offers for the amount posted. No responses. That irritates me as I would always respond to reasonable offers.
    A simple "Yay/Maybe or Nay" is polite and lets someone know to move on with plan B.
    Or is it just me???

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Another point. I have PM 3 separate sellers this week. 1 trade offer and 2 cash offers for the amount posted. No responses. That irritates me as I would always respond to reasonable offers.
    A simple "Yay/Maybe or Nay" is polite and lets someone know to move on with plan B.
    Or is it just me???
    I warned them about you :D

Top Bottom