• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Agreed. Not posting a pic is pure laziness. You can even host them here in your photo album.

I about lost it with a $3000 wedding ring set that said "no pics".

Last edited:

BIGE7.62

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    OK, c'mon now, we are all adults using computers these days and we still cannot get half of the people posting pictures of their guns for sale.

Nothing more frustrating than to read a juicy tidbit on a gun you are
    interested in and when you keep scrolling down and..NO PICS AT THIS TIME!

It has really been getting bad recently with ads and no pictures...if I can do it anybody can do it.....

Anybody else feeling this pain?

Dawg
    I'm one of those you speak of ,all I can get to upload is a lil box with the nogo circle . If anyone can help Thanks .Than I will no longer be a no-pic turd . Oh yeah it use to work .Now lil pics nor photo bucket works :n00b:

Last edited:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I don't use a computer, I use an iPad. If you can tell me how to post pictures I would like to know. I am not going to photo bucket or other 3rd party internet site. To much potential for security breaches, re: I don't trust them.

Security breach?? If user accounts at any of those places were compromised what would they get? A name .. possibly a fake name at that? I'm registered as No Body on PB. It's not any riskier than your Apple account. :twocents:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Personally it's no different than craigslist, ebay, etc. No pics, no interest. The old "It looks like every other (fill in the blank)" statement translates to; I'm too lazy to post a pic, you do all the leg work and then give me your money! As many have already stated, if I can do it so can you.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The easiest thing in the world to do, is to sell a firearm at a reasonable sum....I am not in business,I will not go buy a digital camera in order to sell something that is in great demand.I usually make a phone # available,and give an honest description,and if the buyer is unsatisfied,all he has to do is call me back.I enjoy using different types of weapons,and usually am not making a profit...If I get "stuck" with something that is OK.!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You can upload pics right to Ingunowners, that is the way I have been doing it.

Was about to say this myself. INGunOwners has it's own photo host on site. Just upload the pictures here. No need for photobucket or any other third party photo host. Couldn't be easier.

I enjoy reading that some people don't have digital cameras considering they can be found at amazingly low prices, yet the same people have very expensive firearms they are trying to sell. Sorry if I just stepped on someone's toes, but cameras aren't that expensive.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I doubt this reason applies to the majority of posts in the classifieds but some people don't have a camera or a cell phone.

I don't have a Pc or a camera and a cheap tracphone so my last ad was a no pic deal. Kindle fire is all I got at the moment. Getting ready to move to New York.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The easiest thing in the world to do, is to sell a firearm at a reasonable sum....I am not in business,I will not go buy a digital camera in order to sell something that is in great demand.I usually make a phone # available,and give an honest description,and if the buyer is unsatisfied,all he has to do is call me back.I enjoy using different types of weapons,and usually am not making a profit...If I get "stuck" with something that is OK.!

Do you have a cell phone with a camera? If so you can text the pic to your email, I just learned that last month when I didn't have a way to take a pic of something I was trying to sell

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You don't HAVE to have a picture, but why wouldn't you? You should be creating the best possible ad that you can.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've always known that if I don't request a picture and whatever I'd purchased was obviously flawed - it's partially my own damn fault for being taken.

Oh sure, an honest seller should describe all faults, scratches, and mechanical gremlins. But here in the gun community (like other communities) you have fewer honest sellers than people trying to get rid of something at the expense of a lovestruck buyer.

I think most the sellers that don't have pictures on ads here are straight-up. But the guy that hacked the stock with a dull axe and filled it with fishing weights still sticks in my mind. That guy is long gone here - I think.

If the buyer gets something with "Light handling marks" that turn out to be handled by juggling monkeys, well a picture request might've prevented that.

Buyer beware.

As a joke, it's always fun to cruise Hoosier topics to wonder what crazy crap people are trying to pass off. Scary. That and every other posting is a meltdown of extremely bad spelling and grammar.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've seen those types of ads and thought to myself "yeah right buddy" and keep scrolling. I'm not going to be desperate and am not looking for something so rare it won't come up again somewhere. If I was looking for something that rare the seller would obviously post a picture.

I've bought quite a few firearms off of Funbroker along with other things on Egay without problems. Only if I FELT COMFORTABLE with the seller. Some I have asked for more pics and got them right away. Others never did send more pics so hasta la vista baaby.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know why anyone is content with placing a half-assed ad. You're trying to SELL something. You should be creating an ADVERTISEMENT, not something you'd scrawl on the stall of a public toilet.

Here I sit broken hearted...........

No picts at this time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It seems like condition is rather subjective thing with firearm owners. A quick pic or two can clear up a lot of issues.

You'd be surprised how often "LNIB" really means "1500 rounds". And oddly enough, their camera is always broken, but they can text you pics from their cell phone if you really want 'em. :rolleyes:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't use a computer, I use an iPad. If you can tell me how to post pictures I would like to know. I am not going to photo bucket or other 3rd party internet site. To much potential for security breaches, re: I don't trust them.

I understand his point. I do not use photo bucket or other such sites. If I post an ad here, I post a photo on my personal INGO page and then post the ad with a link to that photo. I do it, but it is an absolute pain in the . . . neck. I have to be really desperate to want to post an ad here for that reason; but, if I want something to sell here, I post a photo.

BTW, texting a photo from a cell phone is far, far easier than going through the long process of posting a photo somewhere, and then posting an ad.

Top Bottom