• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    OK, c'mon now, we are all adults using computers these days and we still cannot get half of the people posting pictures of their guns for sale.

Nothing more frustrating than to read a juicy tidbit on a gun you are
    interested in and when you keep scrolling down and..NO PICS AT THIS TIME!

It has really been getting bad recently with ads and no pictures...if I can do it anybody can do it.....

Anybody else feeling this pain?

Dawg

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I always prefer pics .. even if it is one of a new glock .. Sure we know what it looks like .. But we still like to see 'em! :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of first timers and lazy folks. It is a bit of work to put an add together as I have done several. If you call them on it they get rude.
    I also get a bit put off by those who do not reply after asking for pics on a trade or on a fair offer.
    Take the time to do it right.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I figure that if I want someone to buy something from me at (or near) my asking price - I'd darned better be sure that an add has photos in it. Several of them.

And if it's something that isn't seen very often - I'll put together a ZIP file of several more photos that I offer to email as well.

So - yes - no pics in adds bother me a bit, too.

-J-

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    Pictures in the classifieds:

I know I have always gotten a MUCH better response when I post photos. Usually they are not the greatest, but I always try to highlight any defects or valuable additions. A handgun that has been carried may have an unusual wear pattern, so it is helpful to have a picture to see if it might be a deal breaker.

Besides most of the pictures on INGO are akin to gun p0rn anyway! Me likey!:yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I know I have always gotten a MUCH better response when I post photos. Usually they are not the greatest, but I always try to highlight any defects or valuable additions. A handgun that has been carried may have an unusual wear pattern, so it is helpful to have a picture to see if it might be a deal breaker.

Yep!

If there's finish wear or dings - I highlight them in photos and even "circle" them in an editing program. I don't want any buyer to be caught off guard by something.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Well Ill admit to having a glock for sale (sold) and I got the photobucket account and got pics added to it but when I went to put them on INGO it said the pics are too big. WTH does that mean? Im not real computer or pic savy so I just said I could email or text them. My ad got edited by a mod to say no pics available. I dont have a prob with that but I just have no idea what Im doing. (go ahead and quote that :D)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know why anyone is content with placing a half-assed ad. You're trying to SELL something. You should be creating an ADVERTISEMENT, not something you'd scrawl on the stall of a public toilet.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I agree that having a photo can make or break a sale. As someone who likes Beretta 92 series pistols, when an ad just says "92 for sale" and doesn't have pictures, it means I have to contact the seller and ask a dozen or so questions about the pistol that would all be answered with a couple of photos. And then wait for the answer.

Some people don't understand that many firearms came in many varieties, for instance I have documented over 100 versions and variations of the Beretta 92 Series. Post pictures!

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I don't use a computer, I use an iPad. If you can tell me how to post pictures I would like to know. I am not going to photo bucket or other 3rd party internet site. To much potential for security breaches, re: I don't trust them.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Colt for sale, no pics, you know what a Colt looks like. :dunno:

Oddly enough, we can't get people to post pics of guns, but they will go out of their way to post pics of ammo. That makes no sense to me. Ammo isn't going to have rust, surface blemishes, etc. Who cares what the ammo looks like?

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    So I just want to say I was hoping this post was some newbie that didnt read the FAQ and his first and only post was a gun for sale outside of the classifieds.

I love posting on those right before the ban hammer gets dropped faster than a story that reflects negatively on Comrade Obama.

Top Bottom