• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    A friend was bashing this on FB, saying if guns don't kill people, people kill people, then toasters don't make toast, toast toast toast. Now if you were to word it correctly, if toasters don't make toast, then people make toast, true.

Anyways my response to the posting was, guns don't kill people it really is people who kill people. Look at it from this perspective, Cars don't kill people, drunk drivers kill people. A gun is a tool, you can never blame the tool it is always the person!! I think this is the best way to explain the scenario to an anti-gun person and see how they can respond to that!!!

Protect your 2A rights!!!

Last edited:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    yes, people make toast using a toaster the same way that people kill people using guns. it is a tool used for a specific purpose. you can easily use a car, a knife, a bat or hammer to kill people instead of a gun just as you can use a campfire, stovetop, oven or really hot light to make toast. the gun goes bang and sends a small piece of metal in a forward direction. a toaster uses wires to create heat.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My toaster must be defective.

It has yet to get off the counter, get some bread, get back on the counter, plug itself in, insert the bread, and push the little lever thingy.... all on its own.

Darn thing just sits there and waits for ME to do all the work.

Your "friend" is an idiot. :rolleyes:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    my toaster does not make toast. It gets hot when I turn it on and the lever pops up after a period of time, turning the heater coils off.

If your friend's toaster can, in and of itself, make toast, then it is likely an automaton. Automatons do kill people, whether they be equipped with toaster modules or firearm modules. You should really reach out to your friend with great quickness if he is living with a self directing toaster/robot/firearm platform.

Guns don't kill people, unless they are self directed, in which case they are robots. Robots do in fact kill people, and apparently make toast.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    A friend was bashing this on FB, saying if guns don't kill people, people kill people, then toasters don't make toast, toast toast toast. Now if you were to word it correctly, if toasters don't make toast, then people make toast, true.

Anyways my response to the posting was, guns don't kill people it really is people who kill people. Look at it from this perspective, Cars don't kill people, drunk drivers kill people. A gun is a tool, you can never blame the tool it is always the person!! I think this is the best way to explain the scenario to an anti-gun person and see how they can respond to that!!!

Protect your 2A rights!!!

His quote is actually quite correct guns don't kill people unless you beat them to death with it. It is actually the round that kills. You can throw a hand full of rounds into a fire and kill someone when they go off, but if you throw an empty gun into a fire nothing but hot metal.

Disclaimer: This is a joke, this is only a joke. Had this been a real statemnt the following would happen.:bash:

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I've seen this meme, and it's ridiculous. Here it is for reference:

toast-toasts-toast.jpg

The entire premise is flawed. People don't toast toast, unless they want it charred black. People toast bread, smarty pants. :p

Just shows the intelligence level of the people we're dealing with, folks. This meme is an affront to the Philosoraptor.

Just reply to his facebook post with this:

35do0i.jpg

Last edited:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I can make toast with an oven, or a grill, even a campfire... no toaster needed.

...same as I could kill someone with a bat, or a pipe, or a knife... no gun needed.

His argument is nonsensical.

EDIT: Toasters also make desserts... which are sweet... and guns save lives, which is sweet. :D

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    There was a time when I would have gone out of my way and gave a logical, well thought out response to the FB thing.

Anymore, I find it a total waste of time and energy responding to people like that.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I think you should smack your friend on the head with your toaster, and then ask him who hurt him; you or the toaster.

I think you should smack your friend on the head with your toaster, and then ask him who is going to jail for the deed; you or the toaster.

Top Bottom