• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    One More: Didn't say the BATF pulled their license.. it was a corporate/managerial decision.
    TJ: Isn't that what most conversation are BS....You may be absolutely right but I've heard that scuttle butt for a long time. That was just the first time I heard it from an employee of Wally World. Duce<><

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I spent the last 2 years working VERY closely with some of the "higher-ups" from Bentonville and can assure you that Uncle Walton is rolling in his grave.
    I have also been to Bentonville to work (a few years back).
    This is true. Sam Walton certainly is rolling around in his grave.
    The company supported 'Made in the USA' until Sam died...now nearly everything there (except local food/bread/beer) is from China.

If you all take a trip back history lane, you will see a certain 'liberal' shift happen sometime in the past 10 years. That crowning achievement was also marked by having Rosie Odonnel be the walmart spokeperson (with Penny Marshall).

Walmart has become a poison and should be avoided.
    There are numerous threads (just on this board even) as to why.
    WalMarx
    wal_marx_poster-p228794381085549148t5ta_400.jpg

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I spent the last 2 years working VERY closely with some of the "higher-ups" from Bentonville and can assure you that Uncle Walton is rolling in his grave. WalMart was started as a hunting and sporting goods store. The "phase-out" is happening and will continue until they no longer carry anything firearm related, period. As for this BS, the mngr was merely making conversation and telling you what he THOUGHT or what you wanted to hear. You will never convince me that with the resources at hand.........just BS, that's all. I've heard so many ridiculous claims from peon store managers it's laughable. One even claimed the ammo shortage at wallyworld was because they couldn't make any money selling ammo due to low markup and they just weren't ordering more.....Who controls the markup(rhetorical)? From What I have seen, the metropolitan areas and nearby stores are already done, those with lower sales are gradually being phased out......Would not surprise me to see them buy a struggling SG chain though, like gander.........just speculating there though.

I thought Walton's first store was "Walton's 5-10" a Dime Store? His kids are very Rich! His Daughter is now the richest Women in the world. (Some credit needs to go to her Husbands investments, I hear he has done very well at investing). So I would say the Company could very well buy a SG store chain. I agree with you there.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I have also been to Bentonville to work (a few years back).
    This is true. Sam Walton certainly is rolling around in his grave.
    The company supported 'Made in the USA' until Sam died...now nearly everything there (except local food/bread/beer) is from China.

If you all take a trip back history lane, you will see a certain 'liberal' shift happen sometime in the past 10 years. That crowning achievement was also marked by having Rosie Odonnel be the walmart spokeperson (with Penny Marshall).

Walmart has become a poison and should be avoided.
    There are numerous threads (just on this board even) as to why.
    WalMarx
    wal_marx_poster-p228794381085549148t5ta_400.jpg

Wow.

Some people spout on about things they have really no idea about. :n00b:

The shift that you've seen in the last '10 years' has nothing to do with 'liberals'. It has everything to do with corporate profits. That, my friend, is pure conservatism. If you can pay a 10 year old kid in a third world country a $1.00 a day to produce the same thing that you have to pay an adult in this country a real living wage with no environmental controls, why would someone whose SOLE concern is profit above all else "buy American"?

Progressives are for minimizing environmental damage, workers rights & safety and for businesses providing a good living wage for their employees. Why do you think they wanted an increase in the miniumum wage? Why do you think that unions have historically supported progressive candidates? Do you think that's because the progressives, as you seem to contend, were actively try to increase corporate profits by moving all jobs over-seas? :rolleyes:

"Made in the USA" is a completely progressive ideal. NAFTA was not Clinton's idea but a hold-over from the first Bush administration & was only passed by Congress & signed by Clinton AFTER more environmental & workers protections were added to what Bush wanted to fast-track before he left office. The liberals in Canada didn't even want it passed.

CAFTA was passed by an almost unanimous Republican majority (against an almost unanimous Democrat minority) during the Bush II administration.

If you really knew anything about Marx & the communist ideology (true communism, not what Russian communism became) you would know that he was COMPLETELY against the corporate profit motive. Marxism is the exact opposite of 'greed'.

This is just one more extremely ridiculous example of conservatives trying to blame EVERYTHING on those dastardly 'liberals' even when it's completely against any basic logic to do so.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So I was just curious to whether there are any Walmarts with guns left. I was in the one in Paoli last year and they did. Anyone else?

I had occasion to be in Walmarts from one end of WI to the other and half of Minnesota over the past week. Every one I went in had guns and plenty of ammo.

Gabby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Ellettsville
    Thanks for all the replies. I live near Bloomington and after they built the new Supercenter, goodbye guns. :dunno: I'd have to drive an hour to get to one that does have a gun. At least they still (for the moment) have the Win. value packs. But that's about it.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Picked up my new Stevens 200 and didn't have the needed scope blocks. Dropped into my local WM (Anderson) though they don't carry guns, they did have the correct blocks....Credit where credit is due...Duce<><

Top Bottom