• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We are not talking about professionals. We are talking about this specific youtube vid made by a bunch of "thugs". You are mixing up real life with staged fiction.

Bob

Professionals... amateurs... makes no difference. You have no way of knowing if all this was staged for the camera unless you were there.

But you very conveniently sidestepped my question. Let me repost it, and I'll bold the most important part of it.

Do you guys all complain about this when you're watching a movie, or a play, and people are pointing guns at each other? I don't see any exception in the IC for "starring in a movie or stage production", do you?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The whole "hip hop" look is a production. Throw on as much gold and diamond simulated, pot metal and glass jewelry as possible the wear clothes 6 sizes too big and let your pants fall down so you waddle and look like a clown, then act like the whole world just can't stop watching you because your a make believe rap star sippin on some sizzor.

A real production vs fake production. A real production vs a gang promotional video.

I would have called the police. And I bet a few of these little darlings would have not been able to resist opening their smart mouths and would have went to jail. Then a few others probly have warrants already. Hopefully they use facial recognition and find them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can tell who lives in the city and sees these folks daily and who does not. Some of the commentary is just off the wall.

No way in hell this would or should happen with out prior permission etc and none was had. These idiots were all brandishing guns which by IC is wreckless endangerment. Seriously, a class "D" felony and if looked into deeper I am sure warrants and other issues would come out.

Wow, if they pulled some crap like that around here it would have made the news country wide.

So wrong on so many levels. Just having and brandishing (loaded or not) is so wrong.

Yes, LEO would have been involved as would the entire neighborhood. We just ran more than a few thugs out of the area. Folks will not put up with anymore crap.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can tell who lives in the city and sees these folks daily and who does not. Some of the commentary is just off the wall.

No way in hell this would or should happen with out prior permission etc and none was had. These idiots were all brandishing guns which by IC is wreckless endangerment. Seriously, a class "D" felony and if looked into deeper I am sure warrants and other issues would come out.

Wow, if they pulled some crap like that around here it would have made the news country wide.

So wrong on so many levels. Just having and brandishing (loaded or not) is so wrong.

Yes, LEO would have been involved as would the entire neighborhood. We just ran more than a few thugs out of the area. Folks will not put up with anymore crap.

They would have called out the national guard if that crowd would have shown up where I grew up. That's why we never had serious crime because groups like that weren't welcome.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    They would have called out the national guard if that crowd would have shown up where I grew up. That's why we never had serious crime because groups like that weren't welcome.
    The ones with guns that aren't tip-top on safety, or the ones that look like the ones in the video?

What, exactly, are you trying to say?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Groups like what?

Groups of black people?
    or
    Groups of young black people?
    or
    Groups of young black people waving guns around?

These kids need to watch their muzzles, but I don't even know if they are real guns in the first place, let alone felons or carrying without LTCH.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Groups like what?

Groups of black people?
    or
    or

These kids need to watch their muzzles, but I don't even know if they are real guns in the first place, let alone felons or carrying without LTCH.

Play fair. This thread has done pretty well despite varying degrees of disagreement.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Groups like what?

Groups of black people?
    or
    or

A group of thug gang bangers. White or black. That kind of beghavior needs to be called what it is an not glorified or ignored. If we didn't let out kids watch music videos that promoted this type of lifestyle then eventually it would go away or become isolated. Instead we just have accepted an encouraged it just like all the other immoral things we promote today in our failing society.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm going to post this before reading the thread so I don't let how the tides of opinion sway my thoughts.

Within the first 20 seconds of watching that I'd had enough. Waving a rifle around pointing it at a crowd of people like that is criminally negligent in my opinion. Don't know if there is an actual law that it fits into and don't know if there should be.

Driving is perfectly legal, swerving across lanes 40mph over the speed limit in a school zone is negligent behavior that needs addressed. I see this situation as similar.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I guess it can be different in INDY, it's more like where I am from, but the majority of Indiana is going to see them as thugs/gang members/etc just because of the way they dress and talk. I have learned living in the Bay Area that it means absolutely nothing. Thousands of people there, Black, Asian, White and Hispanic dress like that, it's not uncommon at all, and they aren't considered thugs or gang members. There are gang members that dress that way, but they have specific things that distinguish them from others such as their hair, eyebrows, tattoos and the color of bandanna in their pocket.

I didn't get to see the original video, but I am pretty sure that this was just a group of people who decided to shoot some footage for a music video, just having fun. Now, doing that in PUBLIC with firearms was a dumb move, and I am sure they could be charged with something. It should have been done with prior permission, or on private property. If they went about doing it legally, and the right way, using fake weapons, or at least weapons that were cleared, I don't see it being different than any other music video with firearms. Professional or amateur, they have to start somewhere. Do they use real weapons in Hollywood productions with blanks, or are they just props and special effects? But, regardless, doing it in the street was just wrong.

And there is no brandishing law in IN just to make that clear.
    We do have pointing a firearm though.

Last edited:

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Generally, I think it is a good thing that Indiana is a constitutionally purist "shall issue" state where any law-abiding citizen can carry a handgun without any safety training. But at other times, such as after watching this video, maybe states such as New Mexico, Utah and Florida are right to require some degree of safety proficiency before issuing a permit.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Play fair. This thread has done pretty well despite varying degrees of disagreement.

My intent was to provoke trigger into clarifying his statement.

I do not mean to call trigger a racist or imply it. I also don't intend to see a thread full of what could be read as racist innuendo and not call it out for clarification.

I will play nicer.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    A group of thug gang bangers. White or black. That kind of beghavior needs to be called what it is an not glorified or ignored. If we didn't let out kids watch music videos that promoted this type of lifestyle then eventually it would go away or become isolated. Instead we just have accepted an encouraged it just like all the other immoral things we promote today in our failing society.

True and Repp'd

Top Bottom