• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Trust me, most of the folks I seen on the ORIGINAL video dont give a F*&^ about any Laws, gun education, nor you or your neighbors safety.

Has anyone here seen the Original video? from most of these comments me and the wife has read here NONE of you have.

There were around 15 minutes of original footage.

I looked at what you originally posted. I'm not sure if it's the original video or a producers cut. :dunno: Anyway, it's very easy to assume a great deal from that video, but it's hard to tell what points you are trying to make by posting it. Say what you want to point out and maybe the discussion can progress on that topic.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Leash can ya not read any post but the first and the last page?

The original video
    from You Tube
    that was linked with the video
    on 13
    has
    been
    removed.

THERE is no way to get the video
    what dont you understand leash.

What do you mean prove it?
    :n00b:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I'd give a dollar to anyone on that video who can recite the four basic rules.

IANAL, so I don't know the terms for the specific crimes, but they were being negligent and reckless with deadly weapons.

As a citizen, I have a problem with negligent, reckless behavior. If we all acted like this, the gun control nazis would have a point.

As gun owners, should this demonstration go sideways, it will be chalked up as, "gun violence", and we'll all be expected to make concessions. I don't like being asked to pay the price for these childrens' stupidity.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    I didnt know at the time of the Original post that the You Tube link they gave to Brandon's page was removed so the thread,,well doesnt show, what "we" original viewers seen.
    See
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbQZA-wXUM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

To me it looks like a video being shot, possibly for footage for a future video,
    There were random chatter amongst groups of many there were folks talking about, "clips", where's that gun, one guy is directed toward a trunk where an AR was being toted and pointed around the crowd, then others at random while pulling out thier pistols, talk about handling thier sht, in front and pointing at the camera man, towards the crowds, air, etc. Many singning in unison, while pointing pistols,
    I seen 1 rifle an air soft maybe with a drum who knows if its real,
    There were over 10 people I seen on the video, pointing "in thug fashion" with pistols, If they were legal who knows?

What they were doing on the original was not good for the 2A cause.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'd give a dollar to anyone on that video who can recite the four basic rules.

IANAL, so I don't know the terms for the specific crimes, but they were being negligent and reckless with deadly weapons.

As a citizen, I have a problem with negligent, reckless behavior. If we all acted like this, the gun control nazis would have a point.

As gun owners, should this demonstration go sideways, it will be chalked up as, "gun violence", and we'll all be expected to make concessions. I don't like being asked to pay the price for these childrens' stupidity.

I am in no way defending their actions, but what would be said if a round went off at one of the 2A demonstrations? I have seen guys violating safety rules two and three at the demonstrations I've been to. I would never suggest not having guns at a 2A rally. There have been SEVERAL NDs at gun shows and what price have been paid from those. It's probably fair to say, their video was safer than most 1500s.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I am in no way defending their actions, but what would be said if a round went off at one of the 2A demonstrations? I have seen guys violating safety rules two and three at the demonstrations I've been to. I would never suggest not having guns at a 2A rally. There have been SEVERAL NDs at gun shows and what price have been paid from those. It's probably fair to say, their video was safer than most 1500s.

Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it. (when it comes to bailing out Wall St., and dismantling The Constitution, Bush & Obama are equally guilty)

As the, "good guys", it is incumbent upon us to be shining beacons of safe and appropriate handling of firearms.

In my eyes, a factor that brought extra scrutiny on the video in question, is that these kids, who hopefully are not as thuggish as they portray themselves, appear to be emulating some YT videos (mostly out of FL, IIRC), wherein the actors do shoot indiscriminately into the air, and appear to genuinely be the ilk they portray. If you don't want to be called a duck, don't walk and talk like a duck.

This posturing is really on the same level as tacticool mall ninjas and military impersonators who run afoul of the Stolen Valor Act.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well here is another production that was on his profile.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCyluXpYKMo

Look like thugs to me.

One of them has done albums with Three 6 Mafia and other big names in hip hop. The big guy, I've heard of him. Jelly Roll has done stuff with a handful of bigger names in underground rap. The one mentioning Memphis is Lil Wyte. As far as him being a thug, I know that he was arrested on a DUI with a small amount of weed. From seeing quite a few posts and polls on here, there are quite a few members that could have easily had the same criminal record. Hardly makes him a thug.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, not sure the ages, but certainly some of them LOOKED to be underage.

That said, criminal recklessness, intimidation, (perhaps) giving a weapon to a child, child abuse, disorderly conduct.

The sound bite said some of them might have permits. Not after that they wouldn't. :D

Sadly, those thugs are what non-gun (not necessarily anti-gun) folks see ALL of us as. Sorry, but especially when the O.C. 'swarm' descends on a restaurant, etc. unannounced. Obviously they AREN'T that group of thugs, but that's how they're perceived.

It is what it is.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Looked like a bunch of fine upstanding youth to me with A fine sense of style. I'd be proud to have any of them date my daughter. Exactly the type of citizens I want to see with guns. Id be happy to donate housing, groceries, and Cadillacs so that they could continue to make their fine educational videos showing their high intelligence. Maybe I will invite them to move into my neighborhood and I bet crime would go down to below zero.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it. (when it comes to bailing out Wall St., and dismantling The Constitution, Bush & Obama are equally guilty)

As the, "good guys", it is incumbent upon us to be shining beacons of safe and appropriate handling of firearms.

In my eyes, a factor that brought extra scrutiny on the video in question, is that these kids, who hopefully are not as thuggish as they portray themselves, appear to be emulating some YT videos (mostly out of FL, IIRC), wherein the actors do shoot indiscriminately into the air, and appear to genuinely be the ilk they portray. If you don't want to be called a duck, don't walk and talk like a duck.

This posturing is really on the same level as tacticool mall ninjas and military impersonators who run afoul of the Stolen Valor Act.

I agree that wrong is wrong, but most of this thread isn't pointing out unsafe gun handling. Most are creating new elements in existing laws to label them as criminals, along with the judgment of their appearance.

I don't care who they are imitating. Should we as the "good guys" stand with those who want to judge based on looks and feelings? If you want to go up and down with the Four Rules, fine. As "good guys" our scrutiny should start and end with the unsafe handling of the firearms. If we want to start criminalizing based on unsafe gun handling and appearance, then I can find a lot more videos on YT to post. Besides, does it stop with home made videos? What about professional music videos or even movies? What about video games?

The duck in this matter seems to be unsafe, but not criminal.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Sorry Que. dress and act like a thug and a wild unsocialized citizen and get treated like one.
    I'm sure they really care about improving their social and economic status by the looks of their actions. People who look and act like them scare the majority of law abiding citizens and why? Because they fit a criminal demographic and they know it and were trying to project that. Lets not play dumb.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I agree that wrong is wrong, but most of this thread isn't pointing out unsafe gun handling. Most are creating new elements in existing laws to label them as criminals, along with the judgment of their appearance.

I don't care who they are imitating. Should we as the "good guys" stand with those who want to judge based on looks and feelings? If you want to go up and down with the Four Rules, fine. As "good guys" our scrutiny should start and end with the unsafe handling of the firearms. If we want to start criminalizing based on unsafe gun handling and appearance, then I can find a lot more videos on YT to post. Besides, does it stop with home made videos? What about professional music videos or even movies? What about video games?

This ^^^

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy

I speak for myself only, not the whole thread.

Although I don't consider him as a representative of the criminal element, I probably wouldn't go to the range with Tex Grebner. He had an ND, which is bad, but he owned up to it, which is good. He seems to have faded into obscurity, which is not bad. I wouldn't want any new gun owners imitating him.

I'll agree, there are plenty of people who post videos of themselves doing unsafe and even criminal acts. Some of them skate, some get visits from various LE agencies.

Being unsafe with a deadly weapon, in public, does cross the line into criminal behavior. Otherwise, this video would have used a shopping mall as the backdrop.

I endeavor to judge individuals base on the content of their character, and some of the facets of that include how a person comports himself, and how he behaves with a firearm. Pulling up his pants, and following the four rules, don't cost any more than the alternatives.

The way a person speaks figures in as an aspect of character as well. Using proper English is a choice. Words are free, ergo, economic standing has no bearing on the language or diction a person chooses to use.

What is said on INGO matters very little. What counts, is what the residents of that neighborhood say, and they gave the indication that this behavior violates the standards of the community in which it happened.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sorry Que. dress and act like a thug and a wild unsocialized citizen and get treated like one.
    I'm sure they really care about improving their social and economic status by the looks of their actions. People who look and act like them scare the majority of law abiding citizens and why? Because they fit a criminal demographic and they know it and were trying to project that. Lets not play dumb.

TT, I understand what you are saying, but you speak from a different perspective. I scare the majority of law abiding citizens! What would you suggest I do about it? OCers scare the majority of law abiding citizens. What should we do about that?

You are demonstrating your bias and know nothing about ANY of those guys or WHAT they care about, simply based on a video. Was it silly? Yes! Do I support it? No! However, my criticism is based on safety, not appearances.

If you want to say these guys represent us as gun owners, that is your prerogative. However, there isn't even ONE unsafe gun owner who represents me. It doesn't matter if they are wearing sagging jeans or overalls. It doesn't matter if they are from an urban or rural environment. An unsafe gun handler is just that... unsafe.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    C'mon... it was a reporter... to them, ALL guns are "automatic assault weapons" or Glocks. :):

image001-2.jpg

How did you get your hands on the AP reporters gun identification hand card?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My guess is numerous crimes were committed....many were carrying handguns....and I am sure they had no LTCH. And given that they were in the street, they can't claim it was private property.

You are sure, just like the police are unsure about many of us. Do you agree if they were sure we didn't have a LTCH, they should check us out or should they wait to see if criminal activity took place? So, you can't carry a handgun or rifle down the street? Hmmmmm... I say we all turn ourselves in!

I recall the entire IUPUI campus being shut down because of a guy having a shotgun in his trunk. Well, at least that's what she THOUGHT she saw. Would that have been criminal activity?

Top Bottom