• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I know what I would expect them to do, simply walk across the street and ask if they saw anything. Maybe he just got a legitimate lead, maybe it's a concocted hypothesis. At the very least, it’s 10 minutes of his time that demonstrates he is listening and is committed to trying to determine what happened. I don’t think the original poster has suggested that the PO go kick the door down, he’s simply asking that they take an interested in the info provided.

I’ll call it like I see it…. an Officer who was an hour away from 2 days off, and apparently left (mentally)for those 2 days off well before his shift ended. :twocents:

More than likely, as has been said in earlier posts, the neighbors have been or will be talked to. DETECTIVES do that kind of thing. It's not left, typically, for your average beat cop.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Forkliftdave:

Sorry you were robbed. Some of the responses here baffle me. It's like telling a female rape victim they "were asking for it" WTF is wrong with people and their BS thinking?

Ditto.

A prosecutor has the authority to have his investigator investigate. Some detectives are overworked and underpaid. Others are overpaid and underworked. In every career field there are good and bad. To believe that all police officers put on the badge solely to protect the public is a very naive perception.

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    Well I talked to the prosecutor. They know nothing about the case. The officer hasn't gave them anything. They had me get hold of the deputy sheriff and he will call me. Also the neighbor in question hasnt been talked yet either.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Snip...

As far as the responding officer knows, you sold the guns bc you were low on money and now you're reporting them stolen. Furthermore, as far as he knows, you are pointing the finger at your neighbors bc you know their finger prints are in your house bc, wait for it, THEY ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS!

Snip..

I've lived in my house for 6 years, I LOVE my neighbors, they are the greatest. But I can count on one hand on how many times in the 6 years I've lived here that they have been in my house. So assuming they are neighbors and their fingerprints SHOULD be in the house is pure ridiculous.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Sorry to hear about your guns and the amount of fail that came from the Officer who took the report. You've done nothing wrong as others here have suggested. You shouldn't have to own a gun safe to be a gun owner and you shouldn't have to take the law into your own hands and risk getting a handful of charges, if not shot and killed, in order to get your own property back. I hope the bastards that did this get caught and I hope you get your guns back quickly.

In the mean time, I'd most definitely invest in a recording device and ask your fellow co-workers about the robbery. If they know who done it and you have them stating it on tape, that will hold as evidence and then maybe you can get the cops to actually do something.

I've had my vehicles robbed numerous times. About $3,000 worth of property and never heard anything else about it after making the police reports, except when someone bragged one time. The cops done nothing when I told them what I thought was great news, so I just let it go. It sucks, but it's better than me going to jail instead of the thief.

Anyways, hope it turns out well and people will stop blaming the victim for once. You shouldn't need a gun safe in your own house. That's why it's your house. :)

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    Tuesday night I got robbed. Three pistols and four rifles. What stinks is I get to look at the theif everyday. He lives across the street. Some of the people that I work with made calls to friend and so forth. My neighbor and one of his friends bragging about it. The investigating officer was at my house Tuesday till 5 am and got off at 6 am. Then he was off duty till friday. That's 2 days to get rid of or hide my guns. I told him about what I found out and he suggested I work out a meeting with the theifs with what some of my workers found out. Is that my job or his?

I would get a lawyer. A cops job is to show up, assign blame and go home and sit on the couch. 99% of the time when the cops show up it is too late to catch the thief red handed so they have to sort out what they do have and assign blame. I would talk to an attorney.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've lived in my house for 6 years, I LOVE my neighbors, they are the greatest. But I can count on one hand on how many times in the 6 years I've lived here that they have been in my house. So assuming they are neighbors and their fingerprints SHOULD be in the house is pure ridiculous.

No where did I say that they "should" be in your house. Just that the cop has to look at things from both sides and that it is not out of the question for a neighbors fingerprints to be in one's house.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well, I'm convinced. I only needed to hear one (biased) side of the story to decide that the officer is a worthless excuse for a public servant who isn't even trying to do his job. I don't need to hear any other facts beyond hearsay from a coworker to know that this is the truth. Next question, please!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Well, I'm convinced. I only needed to hear one (biased) side of the story to decide that the officer is a worthless excuse for a public servant who isn't even trying to do his job. I don't need to hear any other facts beyond hearsay from a coworker to know that this is the truth. Next question, please!

Bahahahahahaha

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    They finger printed the rear window and the rear exit door. Talked to the officer friday and gave him s# and pictures. He said 2 months on the prints results. Will talk to some more people for help.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Tuesday night I got robbed. Three pistols and four rifles. What stinks is I get to look at the theif everyday. He lives across the street. Some of the people that I work with made calls to friend and so forth. My neighbor and one of his friends bragging about it. The investigating officer was at my house Tuesday till 5 am and got off at 6 am. Then he was off duty till friday. That's 2 days to get rid of or hide my guns. I told him about what I found out and he suggested I work out a meeting with the theifs with what some of my workers found out. Is that my job or his?
    Ahhh...What did the cop say? Thats the dumbest situation I have ever heard of. I guess there is only one cop on your police force?!? Why did he not send another cop over to their place and raid/search it for your guns? Damn stupid on their part.:rolleyes:

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    He could at least knock on the door and ask some questions. Also there was a bike leaning on the side of my house. I told him it wasn't suppose to be there but he didn't think it was very important. But at 8:00 am that morning it was gone. It could of been some kids or the thief I don't know

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ahhh...What did the cop say? Thats the dumbest situation I have ever heard of. I guess there is only one cop on your police force?!? Why did he not send another cop over to their place and raid/search it for your guns? Damn stupid on their part.:rolleyes:

This should be in purple right?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    No where did I say that they "should" be in your house. Just that the cop has to look at things from both sides and that it is not out of the question for a neighbors fingerprints to be in one's house.

I think an officer assuming that your neighbors finger prints should be in your house is just pure stupidity. Because after all ASS U ME is exactly what he is setting himself up for.

How many here in this thread can actually say that they have their neighbors finger prints throughout their home?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What do the neighbor's fingerprints have to do with this? They lifted prints and it'll take two months to get the results is what I read. Are we making assumptions or did I miss a post?

All we know so far is that a coworker's friend's friend (or some such situation) allegedly heard the guy across the street bragging about it and that he's got theft arrests in his background. Anybody impressed with that evidence so far?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom