• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tradition

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    I will ONLY buy online. Though, not online, just online ads, then I meet face to face. A one on one sale is the epitome of the American way. I use armslist.com and classifiedarms.com

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm sure there are plenty of machine gun owners who would oppose repealing all machine gun regulations.

Some would, but most I've talked to would jump at the chance to buy new guns on the market. I don't know anyone who got into machine guns for investment, that's just what they tell their wives, but because they love to shoot them and just plain have them.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I noticed the douche owner Sanitized all negative comments of his Facebook pages. Nothing but high praise there now.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I would lose a lot of money, but I would be very happy to do so!
    Oh yes, a lot, and agree.

Some would, but most I've talked to would jump at the chance to buy new guns on the market. I don't know anyone who got into machine guns for investment, that's just what they tell their wives, but because they love to shoot them and just plain have them.
    ^^^ Someone knows what the hell he's talking about.

Mongoose1.1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Online sales keeps the market in check. Without them we'd all be paying top dollar from Bud's or Bradis or whatever. I like those stores, but they definitely would be inflating the prices.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wouldnt the smart thing be for them to quit being stupid and get in on it themselves?

I know PSA has a storefront and does online sales. Buds does the same thing.. I think davidsons does as well..

So they want to get rid of online sales because they are to backwards, stupid, technologically retarded or just plain lazy?

It's because they have either no inclination or desire to compete.

Most of them want to sit back and have jacked up prices and get every $$$ out of each and every transaction.

If they go online and decide to lower their prices to compete competitively, that means they have more sales and have to WORK harder, something that some business owners are allergic to.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I agree. There was a big drop in the value of California minted gold coins when that Civil War era steamer was found loaded with California Gold Rush minted coins that was coming back east for the war effort. (Every gun owner has seen the ads selling these coins in their gun mags). The value of some coins dropped 90%. I remember there was only one example of a certain gold coin and due to the fact that 30 or so had come out of that wreck the value of the coin dropped like a stone. What's funny is that these guys were so into the coins and just loving the fact that they had been "found" that their passion for the items over came the sickness of losing the investment. Ofcourse if you can afford to spend $90,000 for a gold coin it will probably take a bit more than that to break your bank or **** you off.:D

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I'd buy more defensive ammo locally if they carried something other than crap and carried an adequate stock of it. As it is, all I usually buy locally is FMJ.

In many cases it's the fault of the LGSes themselves for not carrying ammunition in which I'm interested. (Oh, and charging TWICE the amount for which I can get it online.)

These brick and mortar places kill me. There's nothing to stop them from getting online and expanding their business, but many don't. They just complain about how the Internet is stealing their business. Well, I've got news for the brick and mortar folks, the days of brick and mortar ONLY businesses are numbered (except in a few sectors) - hybrid businesses, brick and mortar with an online component will become the norm.

Their business model must change. Free markets benefit everyone.

I agree. I can't find the ammo I want locally unless it is a very common caliber. Heck, it is extremely difficult to find .45 colt in the gun stores unless it is that crappy Ultramax stuff which I won't buy.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Online sales keeps the market in check. Without them we'd all be paying top dollar from Bud's or Bradis or whatever. I like those stores, but they definitely would be inflating the prices.

Back when you had to buy ammo from an FFL and sign the bound book prices were about what they were at the height of the 2008 ammo panic. That's right, those "high" prices were what we were paying back in 1986 before FOPA! After FOPA, online and bulk sellers reduced the per box price to about a third of pre-FOPA. You don't want to go back to pre-FOPA, imagine what the dealers would do with a captive market today.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Sorry, your to far South, we always carry subsonic 9mm.

I would loose a lot of money, but I would be very happy to do so!

Brick and Mortar stores can compete with on line sales of Ammo, we monitor on line prices and calculate sales tax a customer would pay to us and freight they would pay to an online store. Sure, the margins are not the best, but a brick and mortar store can compete just fine. There are a few calibers we have difficulty competing with, those we choose not to, but for about 95% of the calibers we can. Sometimes we do find prices we can't compete with, but for the majority of time the on line stores does not have those items in stock.

It's a shame that most gun stores are only in business because of the requirement of an ffl, if we could still mail
    Order machine guns, only stores that added value would be around, yours is one of them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom