Gun Store Manners, what causes you to lose sales.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I just went and bought a .22 today at a local sporting goods store. Although the gun was priced higher than I like, it was my own fault for being impatient to get one at a lower price, no blame on them.

Anyways on topic, the guy seemed to be really rushed. Like he wanted me to buy and leave. I'm glad I already knew the exact gun I wanted, else I feel like I would have gotten bad service.

So something else to add, don't act rushed as a salesperson behind the counter. If you act rushed, then that feeling transfers to the customer who may buy something they didn't want, or not feel the need to look around. That customer coming in to look at the $500 gun, if given patience might want to shop around, and end up buying a $2000 gun instead after they get to see it. All stores should welcome an individual just coming in to look, or wanting to see a few different models.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    This may be a stupid question, but how is it legal to sell a person a gun when they say it's for their kid, but not if they say it's for their wife? I mean, I understand the law states that it's illegal to sell a firearm to someone with the knowledge that it is being purchased for someone else, but how then is it ok to sell one to a parent, when they say it's for their child?

It is technically legal to buy a firearm as a gift. If you read the back of the ATF Form 4473, it states the circumstances under which you can answer yes and answer no. The law is that it is illegal to purchase a firearm for someone who is not legally able to do so themselves. IE: Felons, a handgun for your 19 year old girlfriend, your 18 year old best friend, your drug addicted ex, etc. etc. The age thing is tricky though, technically you could sell your best friend or girlfriend a gun legally, but I could not out of the store front. The laws are a bit different going from gun store to person than they are going from person to person. I am not quite sure about the legal technicality of a parent buying a gun for a child who is underage. I know it is legal, but I don't quite understand why or how that works.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I feel like I am constantly apologizing to people for being on the phone at work. That thing is the bane of my existence but I understand its importance. I hate that it takes me away from my customers though.
    I "work" in Auto Parts, if YOU are in front of ME, with cash in hand, I ALWAYS put the phone on hold, and take care of YOU !!!!! YOUR money, keeps the lights ON, rent PAID, and ME EMPLOYED !!!!! The person on the phone, has NUMEROUS other places to call..... JMHumbleO....

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    True, but it always seems like no matter how dead it is, the phone rings and its someone with a bunch of questions then a flood of people come in. If I am with a customer making a sale or even just kicking a few ideas around, I ignore the phone, but if they walk in and i am the only semi free person and I am on the phone it really bothers me to not be able to immediately help them.

Top Bottom