• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I would like to hear peoples opinions on this. Do you think putting a gun bumper sticker on your car or property (fence, door etc) makes you more susceptible (sp?) to a break in?

If a POS sees some type of gun bumper sticker on your car do you think they are more likely to break in because they will think a gun is inside?

worth_your_life_magnum_version_bumper_sticker-p128738224180047525tmn6_525.jpg

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I don't and won't do it...why advertise? In public, I keep my gun/carry information to myself...it maintains the element of 'surprise'!

Last edited:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Advertising you have something is asking for trouble ....
    you might as well hang a sign up that says ..."hey I have money please rob me " ......lol

serioulsy ....one of the best defenses is the element of suprise :D

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I probably would not display my membership in the NRA if I lived in Chicago, but I have several stickers and decals on my window. Here in Mooresville, you would be thought an "outta towner" if you didn't have SOMETHING on your trucks window! :D
    I don't think it adds to the risk of theft, if your vehicle is belived to have something of value, I don't think the sticker would be a deciding factor for the thief, chances are they are looking for an iPod, phone or somethiing they can hock without drawing attention to the fact its stolen, as a handgun could possibly do. :dunno::twocents:

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Absolutely, might as well put a "WTT: Guns for broken windows" sign on your car.

That's why my car is covered in Hello Kitty stickers! And unicorns. And gay p*rn sitting on the front seat...

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Same reason I dont have any anti obama stickers on my truck. I live in a mostly black neighborhood. I would probably be replacing a window every week.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Many people mistake my Ford F-150 Supercrew for an SUV of some kind. Even people who have been in my truck and are not observant. My truck and shell are all one color. Very "grey man".

A lot of my life I did some major driving in major cities. Once a person pisses you off, if he/she has a vanity plate or sticker of any kind you CAN AND WILL spot that person again some day in traffic. I don't like that.

Any gun related stickers just have the added element of saying guns and gear inside, feel free to take them next time I park anywhere. Especially in rural or isolated urban areas.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I would like to hear peoples opinions on this. Do you think putting a gun bumper sticker on your car or property (fence, door etc) makes you more susceptible (sp?) to a break in?

If a POS sees some type of gun bumper sticker on your car do you think they are more likely to break in because they will think a gun is inside?

worth_your_life_magnum_version_bumper_sticker-p128738224180047525tmn6_525.jpg

Break in because of the sign? Not so much. My concern would be how the sign could be used in court after a shooting, to imply premeditation on my part.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I guess my go to town car needs to be a powder blue Prius, with sun screens and baby on board garb.

I had one of the "Baby on Board" in the back window of my hearse...now that gets looks!

As far as stickers on my car...nope...never happen. I do believe it is an attracting element. That plus the thought of any kind of bumper sticker on my Mini Cooper S makes me shudder.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Break in because of the sign? Not so much. My concern would be how the sign could be used in court after a shooting, to imply premeditation on my part.

Well that's kind of interesting. You cannot defend property with deadly force, but the sticker implies you would. There are cases where people have kept targets and hung them up at home which were later used to try to show premeditation.

I do have an NRA sticker on the back of the Hummer, and magnetic signs that advertise Indy Gun Safety. But I take the signs off anytime I don't want to "advertise".

We have a similar sign by our front door that shows a silhouette with holes in it and says "Nothing inside is worth dying for". When ATF came to do the inspection for my FFL the first thing out of the lady's mouth was "I love your sign!" as she laughed, and she was sincere.

I'm more worried about the radar detector and GPS mounts. They are a pain in the but to take on and off, AND they leave little circles on your windshield.

Try to think like a moron... I mean criminal: Do I REALLY wanna mess with THIS vehicle when there are zillions of others?

Of course morons don't think straight and we are really giving them credit for even being able to READ our signs and stickers! :laugh:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I had one of the "Baby on Board" in the back window of my hearse...now that gets looks!

:lmfao: I like it!! We need pics of that.

As for me, as a rule I generally don't put any stickers on my car at all. Just a personal preference thing. But I do believe there are a few criminals out there smart enough to use stickers as clues, but many aren't.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Interesting read, not sure I completely agree, but brings up some good points.

Bumper Stickers Mark Our Territory
    On Average, the possibility of you having a bumper sticker on your vehicle is in 1 in 3 per capita. You may be making a statement, supporting your child's school, bragging on your kid or supporting a candidate for office. It has been said by noted Psychologists that Bumper Stickers is a way of claiming your identity as well as "marking your territory". You are making a statement about your beliefs, your choice of sport, religion, political party and your opinion on drugs, abortion, and Saving the Earth. You may think it is a harmless way to announce your lifestyle, it is also the cause of a rising number cases of Road Rage.

the rest at the source;
    Bumper Stickers and Road Rage

Ten Yard Fight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Put me in the camp that doesn't want anyone I come in contact with to have ANY clue that I might have a gun or multiple guns on my person, stored in my trunk, or stored in my home...

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I have had an NRA sticker on the upper left rear window of every truck I have owned for the past 20 years. I have parked them in parking lots from P-lake Indiana to down town Indy and The back lot of the Holiday Inn O'Hara in Chicago, and never once has any of them ever been broken in to....

Top Bottom