• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I'm more apt to be a gun snob about people who carry a gun for self defense that do not have one in the chamber. I'm not talking about people who are new to carrying but those who have carried a few years. I don't care what type of gun it is, if you don't have on the in the chamber, you might as well carry a brick.
    Hi point with 1 in the chamber beats the glock without, any day, any time in my book.

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    I have seen the same attitudes about cars , like if it's not one of the Big 3 's then your're un American and don't support the American worker !

No matter what you buy, someone will be quick to say something whether good or bad , and why thier brand is better . This is thier right of course , just like making my own decision's based on what I like is my right .

I don't care what you like or don't like , I'm happy with my stuff now go get your own !

Last edited:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Funny how so many hate Hi-Points. I love my 995 and like my C9, it served its purpose and was cheap. It was all I could get until I could afford my XD. I still have my c9 and I love shooting it. It is a good gun. Is it a great gun? No but it works.

Yeah, that is gunsnoberry......

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    So let me get this straight.

If someone has the money and would rather spend it to buy a gun with a more greater reputation that makes him a snob?

And if someone has the money to buy a Ferrari should buy a Chevette so he is not considered a snob by the Chevette Owners?

This can go on and on

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    When the shotgunners won't stand up for the "black gun"(assault rifles)owners, when the target shooters won't stand up for the"pocket pistols"(sat.night special), and the riflemen think they can do without handguns, we're sunk! We MUST all STAND TOGETHER, or live like the U.K. or Australia! Now there' a little kidding among ourselves about this or that. That's normal. But when gun snobbery goes too far, look out!

These are the guys I can't figure out. :dunno:

As for me, it's not my business what you own. I would only ask that you don't disparage my choices in what I own. I will ask from time to time your opinion, but please don't be offended if I weigh that opinion and choose differently. And I will thank you for your help.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Not a snob, just particular about what I like to shoot. Not into Glocks, Sigs or Hi-Point Pistols. However, many of my friends think the world of Glocks and Sigs and that is fine by me. The Hi-Point Carbine has a lot of potential with aftermarket accessories. Figure each person has the freedom to like or dislike anything they choose. I agree that our collective Second Amendment rights are more important that the aesthetics of a particular firearm.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    The best gun for someone is the one they can afford to buy, along w/ a couple hundred rounds of ammo to ensure reliability.

Would I be happy w/ only a Kel Tec 32, High Point (oxymoron?), RG, Davis 25/32/380/etc.? Heck NO! But, I'd rather have at least the Kel Tec than a sharp stick or a rock!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The way I look at it is this, buy what you like and or can afford. Who gives a rats @@@ what other people think honestly. My AK is uglier then a bald fat chick, but it gets the job done and always goes bang. One of the local shop owners, thinks Colt is the best there is. Sorry but there are other 1911's, that are just as good or better. One of the guys that works for him, says Ruger is the only way to go. I like their revolvers, but dislike everything else they make. Not because it's a Ruger, just I do not like the looks, feel, etc. Some people think you need a 600-700 bolt action rifle, to have a long range tack driver. That's not the case at all. Some people buy a gun, just for the brand name. There are many makes, and models for a reason. In one gun fit all, then there would be only one gun. Variety is the spice of life.

I own handguns made by Springfield, Beretta, and Browning. Rifles made by Marlin, Savage, and Kel-Tec. If I buy a gun, and it turns out to be junk it's going bye bye. It also comes down to what the gun is going to be used for. Are you going to buy a $800 tuck rifle, that you know is going to get beat up? Or how about a $1,1000 shotgun, that is going to get beat up from field use! I paid $130 for my 597 brand new. The only problem I had was one bad mag. It eats everything from high velocity, bulk, and even sub sonic ammo. I would out it up against any rifle, in it's price range. My Kel-Tec cost me $390, and I added like $80 in accessories. Yeah I could have gotten a m&p 15-22, but I would have paid $499 plus accessories. I would put it up against any Colt, m&p, GS5, etc .22 rifles. My Savage MKIIFV cost me around $500 fr rifle, scope, rings, and bi-pod. Some rifles cost that, just for the rifle. But I would put my Savage up against any of them. My :twocents:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    btw, i saw a couple shoot a 9mm Hi Point better than SOME high dollarpistol owners shot their's.

^^^^^ THIS.

You find snobbery in any hobby. Most of the time it's just a way for people to try and show off their "knowledge" to the ones who don't know any better. Back when I was a regular golfer I'd see guys show up at the course with the latest and greatest high dollar wunder-clubs and shank the ball from one side of the course to the other. Meanwhile, the old man with steel clubs from the 1970's would be consistently knocking the ball down the fairway. Just use what you're comfortable with and what works for you.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    ^^^^^ THIS.

You find snobbery in any hobby. Most of the time it's just a way for people to try and show off their "knowledge" to the ones who don't know any better. Back when I was a regular golfer I'd see guys show up at the course with the latest and greatest high dollar wunder-clubs and shank the ball from one side of the course to the other. Meanwhile, the old man with steel clubs from the 1970's would be consistently knocking the ball down the fairway. Just use what you're comfortable with and what works for you.

Yup - snobbery often comes from "look at how much money I've spent" :spend:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    isnt it also snobbery when you look down your nose at people that have spent a fair amount of money on something?

CapBuster49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    With some Freaks
    I dont consider myself a gun snob but I do have a little gun quirk that i'll talk about. I tend to think guys who put a synthetic stock on a nice bolt action rifle read to many tactical magazines. I want to tell them them that it wont make them anymore accurate. I bite my tongue because they read in a magazine how much better they are, and it must be true. Heck, while im thinking about it, people who only own semi-auto firearms get under my skin also! If you just want to throw lead fast, just toss your ammo out of your car while driving down the street. Quit wasting space at the range! Wow, that turned into a mini rant- These are just afew opinions, Heck, I mihgt be a gun snob!

I wouldn't call you a snob but definitely a Hater...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    What i have learned in several trips to Indian Country from "Our Uncle" is spend good money on the things that your life may depend on. However, just becuase it's cheaply priced does not mean it is junk either. If you truly think you can trust your life to it, then who cares what you have.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So let me get this straight.

If someone has the money and would rather spend it to buy a gun with a more greater reputation that makes him a snob?

And if someone has the money to buy a Ferrari should buy a Chevette so he is not considered a snob by the Chevette Owners?

This can go on and on

Apples and Oranges.

I'd compare it to someone that had a Colt AR-15 and called an Olympic Arms AR-15 "junk". Same as with say, a Ruger Camp 9 owner blasting a Hi-Point 995.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I believe snobbery is all in the attitude towards the guns other folks have, not in the $$$ amount that one spends on their stuff. :D

Top Bottom