• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Some of you may have heard that Tipton gun show promoter got out of the business and is pursuing other options. We wish him the best of luck. HOWEVER Pat Comer, long time shooter, seller at the show, and buyer at many others, will be taking over, and the Oct. 5th and 6th show and will continue as scheduled. Anyone wanting to get a table for the show call Pat after 4 p.m. weekdays, and reasonable hours on weekends can get you more info and arrange a table. He can be reached at 765-675-6886. There is no parking fees, and both admission and table fees are the best in Indiana. The concession stand will also have REAL food instead of the greasy stuff that gets passed off at ridiculous prices at most gun shows. It is usually a pretty good show that attracts lots of REAL shooters and collectors and not so much on the non gun related things the 1500 sells. There are always some major dealers there with tables of the new polymer wonders but I have found many good deals from the smaller sellers that don't want to mess with the prices, parking, crowds, and crazies some of the big Indy shows attract.

For those who haven't attended the show is in the 4H building which is about 20 minutes north of 465 and Meridian. All Federal and State laws will naturally apply and be enforced. See ya there.

p.s. times are 9-5 on Sat the 5th and 9-3 on Sun the 6th. Admission is $5.00 kids under 12 free. Tables are only $35.00. The address is 1200 south Main Tipton, 46072. South main is also SR 19 South and the 4H building is just a few blocks South of SR 28. It is just south of the big Court House with the clock tower on the opposite of the street. You can reach Pat at the above phone of e-mail at comersguns@yahoo.com

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Tipton has always been one of my Favorites, been going for several years and haven't missed many! I rarely miss Kokomo, Lafayette, Tipton or Lebanon shows but I have made more buys at Tipton than any others. I do also go to some of the Indy shows - usually every other one or so.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Tipton has always been one of my Favorites, been going for several years and haven't missed many! I rarely miss Kokomo, Lafayette, Tipton or Lebanon shows but I have made more buys at Tipton than any others. I do also go to some of the Indy shows - usually every other one or so.

The 1500 charges $100 per table verses $35 at Tipton so the sellers don't need to make as much just to break even. I hit the 1500 to look and mingle. Tipton, Kokomo, and Lebanon is where I usually buy.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is one of the gun shows I always look forward to attending even as gas prices rise. My drive from Fort Wayne is always enjoyable since I look forward to the exhibits with anticipation. I've never been disappointed.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The 1500 charges $100 per table verses $35 at Tipton so the sellers don't need to make as much just to break even. I hit the 1500 to look and mingle. Tipton, Kokomo, and Lebanon is where I usually buy.

I'm more than happy to pay $100 a table knowing that there will be 5000 to 10,000 or more coming through the door instead of a 1000 to 1500 that show up for a typical show of this size. This is not a knock on the Tipton show, just some insight from a vendor's perspective.

Last edited:

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I'm more than happy to pay $100 a table knowing that there will be 5000 to 10,000 or more coming through the door instead of a 1000 to 1500 that show up for a typical show of this size. This is not a knock on the Tipton show, just some insight from a vendor's perspective.

I know MANY people that don't hit the 1500 because of the high prices that dealers must get, the crowds, lines, parking fees, and admission. Each to his own.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    How does this show compare to the one in Kokomo? Have not been to the Tipton show.

It's about the same as Kokomo. Crowd size, prices asked, and number of sellers. Seem to be more people willing to do trades than the big shows have. Then again when the big shows have $100 tables and Tipton has $35 it is real obvious who has to sell for a higher price just to cover expenses.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Glad to hear that show is still going on. It always seemed to have different stuff compared to Kokomo, Lebanon etc. I totally agree with what Brad is saying, but I like looking at the flintlocks etc that that Schippers guy always brings. More WW2 era stuff there too. Just put it on my calendar see you there.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I know MANY people that don't hit the 1500 because of the high prices that dealers must get, the crowds, lines, parking fees, and admission. Each to his own.

I have records for six years (35 to 40 plus shows a year) of shows. It's simply a numbers game, the more people that come through the door, the more you are going to sell. I would have to do an average of 4 smaller shows like Tipton to equal the sales I have at one show like the Indy 1500. Simple math: I have 4 tables for all shows. One Indy 1500 cost me $400.00 in table fees. Four tables at the smaller shows cost me $140 per show. Four shows at $140 each equals $560.00. I get a bigger bang for my buck doing one Indy 1500. I won't even go into all of the other expenses/overhead (gas, hotel, food...etc.) that is associated with being a vendor. Those expenses would be four times more than one large show like the Indy 1500.

It's about the same as Kokomo. Crowd size, prices asked, and number of sellers. Seem to be more people willing to do trades than the big shows have. Then again when the big shows have $100 tables and Tipton has $35 it is real obvious who has to sell for a higher price just to cover expenses.

Most dealers that I know, including myself, don't raise our prices just for the Indy 1500 because the tables fees are higher, our prices are the same whether we are at a small show or large show. Vendors count on a larger attendance at the bigger shows and that translates into more sales which offsets the higher table fees. So, your assumption that prices are higher because the table fee is higher is total BS! Matter of fact, ammo and gun prices are generally cheaper at the Indy 1500 than the smaller shows simple because you have the bigger dealers like ZX Guns, MGE, and others there.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have records for six years (35 to 40 plus shows a year) of shows. It's simply a numbers game, the more people that come through the door, the more you are going to sell. I would have to do an average of 4 smaller shows like Tipton to equal the sales I have at one show like the Indy 1500. Simple math: I have 4 tables for all shows. One Indy 1500 cost me $400.00 in table fees. Four tables at the smaller shows cost me $140 per show. Four shows at $140 each equals $560.00.

Most dealers that I know, including myself, don't raise our prices just for the Indy 1500 because our tables fees are higher...they are the same as if we were at a smaller show. Your assumption that that prices are higher because the table fee is higher is total BS! Matter of fact, ammo and gun prices are generally cheaper at the Indy 1500 than the smaller shows simple because you have the bigger dealers like ZX Guns, MGE, and others there.
    Brad is right on! It's all in the numbers!
    Of every hundred people at a gun show, you will have a certain number of buyers. Smaller show, less sales. Larger show, more sales. From what I have experienced, vendors do NOT mark prices down at smaller shows. Actually many mark them UP. Less competition, fewer sales, they still have to make money to be worth their time to pack up and do the show.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I live in Tipton its not a bad show you just get allot of the same old same old at the Tipton show but as previously stated there are a lot of older guns and such at the Tipton show. But compared to shows like Kokomo the Tipton show is lacking. I have gone to the Tipton show since I was 12. I really hope the new operator brings in something new and not the same old thing. Best of luck.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I have records for six years (35 to 40 plus shows a year) of shows. It's simply a numbers game, the more people that come through the door, the more you are going to sell. I would have to do an average of 4 smaller shows like Tipton to equal the sales I have at one show like the Indy 1500. Simple math: I have 4 tables for all shows. One Indy 1500 cost me $400.00 in table fees. Four tables at the smaller shows cost me $140 per show. Four shows at $140 each equals $560.00. I get a bigger bang for my buck doing one Indy 1500. I won't even go into all of the other expenses/overhead (gas, hotel, food...etc.) that is associated with being a vendor. Those expenses would be four times more than one large show like the Indy 1500.

Most dealers that I know, including myself, don't raise our prices just for the Indy 1500 because the tables fees are higher, our prices are the same whether we are at a small show or large show. Vendors count on a larger attendance at the bigger shows and that translates into more sales which offsets the higher table fees. So, your assumption that prices are higher because the table fee is higher is total BS! Matter of fact, ammo and gun prices are generally cheaper at the Indy 1500 than the smaller shows simple because you have the bigger dealers like ZX Guns, MGE, and others there.

You have my most humble apology. I was simply basing my opinion on attending on attending 20-30 gun shows a year for the last 40+ years. I have NO DOUBT that your beef jerky, glow sticks, and Rambo knives sell more at the 1500. Smaller shows attract people looking for FIREARMS, not the cammo wearing crowd searching for novelties and cute t-shirts. Good luck with your knives. I see where Stalone is coming out with a new movie so maybe business will pick up. Good luck. :):):):)

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    You have my most humble apology. I was simply basing my opinion on attending on attending 20-30 gun shows a year for the last 40+ years. I have NO DOUBT that your beef jerky, glow sticks, and Rambo knives sell more at the 1500. Smaller shows attract people looking for FIREARMS, not the cammo wearing crowd searching for novelties and cute t-shirts. Good luck with your knives. I see where Stalone is coming out with a new movie so maybe business will pick up. Good luck. :):):):)

WOW..... that seems kinda nasty and uncalled for?

Top Bottom