• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    This show was rediculous. Packed to the max like sardines. It's long past time for Dan to kick out the nicknack venders who don't sell gun **** and WIDEN THE ISLES!!! This has not only become a comfort issue but a safety issue as well. There is no way people could safely and quickly reach fire exits without running over and killing people. I really can't believe the state or the fire marshal hasn't forced this issue.
    with hundreds of conversations going on in the isles where're it strikes their fancy, I found it impossible to move through the show. But even with people on both sides of an isle turned towards the table and looking it was IMPOSSIBLE to move past. Walking through the isles I felt more like a pinball than a customer. I walked away from buying several things because I simply couldn't get to the area of the table I wanted. And how many things did I miss because I just skipped those tables or rows all together?
    there was also plenty of room left in that back room. Force some of the bigger vendors back there to increase traffic and exposure. Something needs done. We pay $12 to Dan just to get into the door and our concerns have merit. So is it more about him making money or is it about safety and gun owners having an enjoyable show? But also about vendors making more money if customers could actualy get to them! Hel they have 4 vendors stuffed into a freaking hall way!! A hall way!! And 2 of them are ingo advertisers. Talk about the worse location of the whole show!! Time to fix this!
    I think we need to organize a phone campaign to bombard the 1500 phone likes in the next couple month to demand a change.
    this 1500 was the first one in the corse of 25 plus years where I simply did not have fun because it was more of a battle just to navigate the hoard.

That's exactly why I'm at home typing this instead of walking around at the show. I thought about going, especially after I read about the Dewey dealer with 50% off. I have been wanting to pick up a couple of rods and accessory's. When I read about yesterdays crowds and factored in the parking/door fee I went to online and ordered it. Will have it by the end of the week and I'm not frustrated. Just vote with your money ( By not going). Until the shows empty of customers and Vendor's Dan's not going to listen. Why would he?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's exactly why I'm at home typing this instead of walking around at the show. I thought about going, especially after I read about the Dewey dealer with 50% off. I have been wanting to pick up a couple of rods and accessory's. When I read about yesterdays crowds and factored in the parking/door fee I went to online and ordered it. Will have it by the end of the week and I'm not frustrated. Just vote with your money ( By not going). Until the shows empty of customers and Vendor's Dan's not going to listen. Why would he?
    I don't blame you. Not for just one or a couple things. I debated going back today for one thing but the deal wasn't that great compared to online pricing and also like you said ten factor in $5 parking and $12 door fee again. And gas traveling to the hood.
    i always go for the unexpected stuff. The impulse buys. Sure I'm alwYs looking for specifics but when I find the extras it makes it worth it. Also I get about $40 worth of zicks jerky to share with my kid. Seeing all the hot things with skin popping out their shirts and juicy buns ain't bad either. :):

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    This show was rediculous. Packed to the max like sardines. It's long past time for Dan to kick out the nicknack venders who don't sell gun **** and WIDEN THE ISLES!!! This has not only become a comfort issue but a safety issue as well. There is no way people could safely and quickly reach fire exits without running over and killing people. I really can't believe the state or the fire marshal hasn't forced this issue.
    with hundreds of conversations going on in the isles where're it strikes their fancy, I found it impossible to move through the show. But even with people on both sides of an isle turned towards the table and looking it was IMPOSSIBLE to move past. Walking through the isles I felt more like a pinball than a customer. I walked away from buying several things because I simply couldn't get to the area of the table I wanted. And how many things did I miss because I just skipped those tables or rows all together?
    there was also plenty of room left in that back room. Force some of the bigger vendors back there to increase traffic and exposure. Something needs done. We pay $12 to Dan just to get into the door and our concerns have merit. So is it more about him making money or is it about safety and gun owners having an enjoyable show? But also about vendors making more money if customers could actualy get to them! Hel they have 4 vendors stuffed into a freaking hall way!! A hall way!! And 2 of them are ingo advertisers. Talk about the worse location of the whole show!! Time to fix this!
    I think we need to organize a phone campaign to bombard the 1500 phone likes in the next couple month to demand a change.
    this 1500 was the first one in the corse of 25 plus years where I simply did not have fun because it was more of a battle just to navigate the hoard.

I went Friday afternoon about the time they opened and I did enjoy my experience. However, Trigger Time you bring some very valid concerns to forefront and changes to the show that would greatly improve ones gun-show experience. Especially widening the isles and the crap(flea market) vendors need to go. Good call, now if someone with authority can just make a change?:twocents:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I went early Friday afternoon and had a great time. I was surprised at the number of empty tables till I overheard one vendor remark that "these tables cost $800 and this ain't no flea market"! If tables actually are $800 for the weekend, I can understand why prices may be higher than "the good old days".
    Ive only bought one gun at the 1500 in about 6-7 years of attendance at every show but one. My nose must not work as well as most of you guys as I have only noticed a few instances of crop dusting and fewer bad cases of BO. I know I likely don't smell like frshly showered as I come straight from the factory I work at but I know I'm not that bad!
    seems to me some guys just want to complain. No doubt their complaints have merit but whining here will never change anything.
    FWIW, I'd take the 1500 over the Tri-State show at Stout Field any day!

Matt

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I went early Friday afternoon and had a great time. I was surprised at the number of empty tables till I overheard one vendor remark that "these tables cost $800 and this ain't no flea market"! If tables actually are $800 for the weekend, I can understand why prices may be higher than "the good old days".
    Ive only bought one gun at the 1500 in about 6-7 years of attendance at every show but one. My nose must not work as well as most of you guys as I have only noticed a few instances of crop dusting and fewer bad cases of BO. I know I likely don't smell like frshly showered as I come straight from the factory I work at but I know I'm not that bad!
    seems to me some guys just want to complain. No doubt their complaints have merit but whining here will never change anything.
    FWIW, I'd take the 1500 over the Tri-State show at Stout Field any day!

Matt

Tables are 100$ for the weekend each. Story I got was ZX guns made it hard for other vendors to compete. I didn't care because I still beat ZX on prices. I did notice a bunch of empty tables and Dan made quite a few speeches about empty tables and people leaving. I didn't see PSS at this show. Not sure if they are going anymore or not.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    There were a lot of empty tables because some Vendors skipped this show to go to Vegas for the Shot Show..... it happens every time the Indy 1500 falls on the weekend before the Shot Show.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I so rarely go to the 1500 anymore. It's cheaper for me to drive to meet Brad or drive to pick up a scope from Allan that I generally won't go. The last time I went was to see some Johnson Safes and order one. In all my time going I think I've really only looked at a few booths. I always stop at Brads Knives and the Knife Lady, A&A Optics, Bobcat Steel, oh and that crazy INGO booth. First time I stopped there Que was playing with a HUGE bowie knife. Last time I stopped there Lovemywoods tried to sell me a patch while Fenway was sitting there eating a MRE and Doc kept telling me his name but I couldn't understand him with all the background noise, needless to say I don't want to stop there anymore. :laugh: :nuts: :laugh:

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Well after reading some of the comments I'm glad I didn't make the long drive up there to my first 1500 meet. I always herd good things up until this year with it being packed and prices threw the roof I'm happy I didn't attend.

blackterror

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    Does anyone get concerned when people looking at guns shoulder them pointing the gun horizontally and pointing at the heads of everyone done the aisle? I know all the guns at the gun show should be unloaded, but what happened to treating all guns as if the were loaded and not pointing it at something you don't want to shoot.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Does anyone get concerned when people looking at guns shoulder them pointing the gun horizontally and pointing at the heads of everyone done the aisle? I know all the guns at the gun show should be unloaded, but what happened to treating all guns as if the were loaded and not pointing it at something you don't want to shoot.

heck NO....only been to 2 indy 1500 shows that had AD's.....but that was 10/15 years ago

Top Bottom