• ...and so much more!
  • Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    UGH I loved Shema's Gunstore. :(

I did transfer a gun to Jim a month or so ago and he is doing well btw.

I have to agree, I miss the Shemas. It's good to hear he's doing well.
    I bought most of my dillon stuff from them. My wife and I would spend
    an hour gabbing and playing with the dogs while I was building a pile
    of supplies on the counter.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I'm from Michigan City and it is a lil bit of a drive, but midwest gun exchange is one of the best around, prices are usually pretty good, and the service is good as long as you have a little patience, cuz they are generally fairly busy and they work with you one on one so sometimes it may take a lil bit, but usually worth it

I have been there several times...if they are having a sale and there is something you want it is worth the trip. The other stuff that is not on sale seems kinda pricy:twocents:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Jerry's Gun Shop in Rennselear. about 25% cheaper than Blythes. He has the best prices I have ever seen on guns. But call first. He doesn't have the largest inventory. He can get anything you want though.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Since this is your first gun, and you don't note how familiar you are with handguns, I would recommend Blythes in Valpo. They have a range there where you can rent many types of handguns before buying one. Trying several that you are interested in first might save you in the long run if you make a mistake and buy a gun that really doesn't suit you.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Cabelas has a wide selection. Debs in hammond has a range and probably has some rentals you could try. I don't go into Blythes in Hammond but the people at the Blythes in Valpo have always treated me well. I wouldn't hesitate to go check them out.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Jerry's Gun Shop in Rennselear, I went to college at St. Joes down there. Good prices but again small selection. I would also recommend Blythe's but it all depends who you deal with there.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I agree with everyone that Blythes in valpo is great to go to for your first gun. I have been going there for years and have bought several guns from there. The guys there know there stuff and will always take care of their customers. They also have great email deals that you can sign up for when you are in there.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Since this is your first gun, and you don't note how familiar you are with handguns, I would recommend Blythes in Valpo. They have a range there where you can rent many types of handguns before buying one. Trying several that you are interested in first might save you in the long run if you make a mistake and buy a gun that really doesn't suit you.

No more renting.....they had a suicide, guy rented a gun..wentin and shot himself.
    I found out they dont rent anymore cause i took my nephew there to try a Kimber 1911.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    No more renting.....they had a suicide, guy rented a gun..wentin and shot himself.
    I found out they dont rent anymore cause i took my nephew there to try a Kimber 1911.

I can second that Blythe's in Valpo does not rent anymore. But they are still a good place to check out. I bought my M&P 9 from them used and they gave me a good deal. If you go in, get on their e-mail list, they will send out deals every couple of weeks.

If anything their selection is pretty good and you can check out a bunch of different guns. They have been busy every time I have gone in lately. It might calm down though with the holidays being over.

wildcatfan.62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I've had the chance to trade/buy from Blythes in Valpo, Midwest in South Bend and ZX in Goshen. I had the best luck with prices at ZX. They're out of the way, but seem to be hard to beat on pricing.

I think it depends on what you want and what they have in stock......
    Sorry to state the obvious.

Best of luck!!​

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    As stated before, check out Jerry's Gun Shop in Rennselear. Always wonder how he stays in business with his low prices. Good for us buyers, but just a small inventory.

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    +1 for Westforth's, ammo is high, but you can haggle firearms prices a bit, and Blythe's in Valpo is excellent, knowledgeable staff and great selection for a first time browser/buyer.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    ive bought three guns from valpo blythes. they have good used prices. high new prices on some. but dont trade in. they will give u like 40%. but friendly atmosphere. and they have a range

bianjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Hobart
    well I made it to Cabellas and talked to Tom didnt know him but nice guy I looed awhile and ended up buying a FNX-9 9mm I am left handed and from the little research i have done I like it feels good just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your input and I will post pic later being that I am at work. I will be inquireing with you guys soon when buying a AR-15 being next on my list

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Westforth and Blythes of VALPO get my vote.... Westforth is family type atmosphere and they will work with you. I may or may not have purchased a weapon type thing from Blythes in Valpo... the Griffith store didnt have the gun I wanted and qouted me $200 more than the Valpo store which had it in STOCK the SAME day....

Top Bottom