• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I gotta' go with "Destro" on this one ,

HAVING TO CALL before you come into a shop is a level DOWN :noway: in the customer service department , not up.
    IT IS ONE MORE step for the customer.

A customer who needs" total privacy and one on one personal attention" in order to buy a gun is a freak or a _____ or both .

Self absorbed people haters like that probably should not own a gun anyway
    Any priss who .......I've said enough....if you don't understand it by now , you never will.
    The OP was right, either you're open to the public , or you're not ...

You are open 4 hours a week.

A thousand more of your words will not change the facts.
    Most normal people do not enjoy talking on the phone .
    Just my..:twocents:

So a woman who has been the victim of a violent attack and has found the courage to buy a handgun and get trained is "a freak or a _____ or both" ??? Nice.

You're right sir... "Self absorbed people haters like [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] YOU probably should not own a gun anyway" Do you have any idea how many crime victims we talk to a week?

Thankfully we know who are customer is. You're not it. We're okay with that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I gotta' go with "Destro" on this one ,

HAVING TO CALL before you come into a shop is a level DOWN :noway: in the customer service department , not up.
    IT IS ONE MORE step for the customer.

A customer who needs" total privacy and one on one personal attention" in order to buy a gun is a freak or a _____ or both .

Self absorbed people haters like that probably should not own a gun anyway
    Any priss who .......I've said enough....if you don't understand it by now , you never will.
    The OP was right, either you're open to the public , or you're not ...

You are open 4 hours a week.

A thousand more of your words will not change the facts.
    Most normal people do not enjoy talking on the phone .
    Just my..:twocents:

Seriously? Just because you don't like how a shop operates you are going to slam their client base and say they should not own guns, etc, when they have just as much right to own a gun as anyone? How is that different from the anti's saying someone should not own a gun?

Obviously if he is staying in business and making a profit, someone likes the way he does business. The by appointment model is not a bad way to go, it's just not for you.

From what I have seen on his website, his pricing is pretty good, and if you make a quick phone call to make an appt, you are sure to get 1:1 service, vs possibly making a trip and standing in line to compete with other customers/phone, etc for time.

I sent him an email on a particular item to get a price, and he responded quickly. I ended up purchasing elsewhere, but the interaction was good, and I would check with him again on future interest/purchase.

I don't see the issue. If you don't like it go to another shop.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    So a woman who has been the victim of a violent attack and has found the courage to buy a handgun and get trained is "a freak or a _____ or both" ??? Nice.

You're right sir... "Self absorbed people haters like [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] YOU probably should not own a gun anyway" Do you have any idea how many crime victims we talk to a week?

Thankfully we know who are customer is. You're not it. We're okay with that.
    You have a right to run the business as you see fit
    .You are open to the public 4 hours a week . that was my point. it still is--
    .A training school 1st , a dealer 2nd , got it ..
    Crime victims are at least , what , .000???? % of the general firearms buying population .
    If there is money to be made , more luck to you. I wish all the best.
    Nice pull on the ol' heart strings .:nopity:
    Totally different subject--Did everyone know that telemarketers exist to provide a much needed information services to shut -ins ? .:dunno: No one bought that story line either.;)
    I do not mean to run down some one who needs total privacy to buy a gun or the catering to them .. After hundreds and hundreds of crowded gun shows , I just couldn't understand it. Good luck in the business from a former cash paying customer..:yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't see the issue. If you don't like it go to another shop.

Agreed.

I don't understand this whole pissing match. IndyGunSafety does not appear to be doing anything shady, crooked, under handed, discriminatory, etc. He's found a business model where he and his customers appear to be satisfied. Its too bad that model doesn't suit you. It probably won't be to my advantage either, but I say good luck and wish for his success.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1 for Indy Gun Safety. As long as their business is afloat, who's to critique how they choose to run it? If it's not convenient for a buyer, well, vote with your dollars.

I've never done dealings with them. But I wouldn't mind having an appointed time to get in and out if I needed to have a transfer done. Can't please everyone.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I love these kind of threads.

I love these threads bashing our gun shops. Makes me feel very special. You see I have not had a bad experience in any gun shop in Indiana. As a matter of fact I have been stationed all over the US from east to west coast and from my prior experiences I think we have some of the best gun shops in the country.

Yes Sir I have never had a bad experience in Indy but then I dont go into Don's. In fact some gun shops I patronize have really shone me outstanding customer service. Tactical Shotgunner, Bradis, Beachgrove, Indy Trading Post all have gone that extra step for me at one time or another. Perhaps its a matter of perspective or just that everyone has a bad day now and then. Whatever the reason these threads spring up they do make me feel special since every time I walk into a gun shop I have a good experience.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Maybe some people want the privacy of buying a firearm without others jumping in with their 2 cents worth on the good, bad and ugly of that particular firearm, or maybe its high dollar and nobodys business, maybe as in some of my customers they like the 1:1 ratio makes them feel special. What ever the reason if it works for you great, if it doesnt then dont. If we all liked the samething there would be 1 firearm in the store and people lined up for it. (by the way it would be a H & K p-7)
    <Sorry about the run wording>

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Maybe some people want the privacy of buying a firearm without others jumping in with their 2 cents worth on the good, bad and ugly of that particular firearm, or maybe its high dollar and nobodys business, maybe as in some of my customers they like the 1:1 ratio makes them feel special. What ever the reason if it works for you great, if it doesnt then dont. If we all liked the samething there would be 1 firearm in the store and people lined up for it. (by the way it would be a H & K p-7)
    <Sorry about the run wording>

You make a few interesting points. We have judges, lawyers, executives, pro athletes and more as our clients. Many of these people appreciate & require discretion in training AND purchasing. Do people who want private, one on one training courses also qualify as "freaks"?

Also, many new shooters are intimidated (or simply annoyed) by the "attention" (or lack thereof) they get at typical shops.

Getting back to the post that STARTED my interjection: I KNOW HOW MANY FREAKIN' HOURS I SERVE MY CLIENTS A WEEK! You don't.

I ended up purchasing elsewhere,

WHAT?! WHY I OUGHTA...... :draw:

lol!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    You make a few interesting points. We have judges, lawyers, executives, pro athletes and more as our clients. Many of these people appreciate & require discretion in training AND purchasing. Do people who want private, one on one training courses also qualify as "freaks"?

Also, many new shooters are intimidated (or simply annoyed) by the "attention" (or lack thereof) they get at typical shops.

A boutique gun shop.

Its not for everyone, but if there is a market for such a place, so be it. Though I'm still unclear upon why you take offense for people that offer constructive criticism of your timely lack of customer service with a return phone call.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    My 2 cents, I am in NWI, and while I enjoy going to Cabala's, I usually enjoy going to Blythe's more. I like the more individual attention. Course, I have noticed that I do not want to go to either of them on a weekend, cause then I have to compete for attention. Also, I know I must be a rare customer that I do research and usually already know what I want. They know me pretty well at Blythe's and we will talk while I will look at a couple firearms, but they know better then to try and sell me on something, or push me from one to another. Would it be nice to head in for an appointment only store? Honestly, I might actually want to go there, so I don't have to deal with some of the other customers. I do talk to a couple of them, and more then enough ask me questions, and I don't mind that as much. But there are other times that I would like to just go in and see how it feels, cause it can have all the goodies in the world, but if it don't feel "right" I dont want it.
    Good luck in your business, and if Im ever in Indianapolis, I will try to make an appointment

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Having trouble

To all those who have trouble buying a gun, here's an idea. Apply for a FFL and open your own shop. Sell at the same prices you see advertised by a huge volume internet dealer and keep thousands of guns in inventory at all times. Assist your brothers in the gun business by doing tranfers for free. Heck it's only paperwork, right? The only other thing I can suggest is that you find a local gun shop which has free delivery. Good luck!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You make a few interesting points. We have judges, lawyers, executives, pro athletes and more as our clients. Many of these people appreciate & require discretion in training AND purchasing.

Trying to get the full concept of the appointment concept... For a reason or two, the idea is kinda interesting, but can also be a PITA for many I would think.

Out of curiosity, whats typical for a buyer that knows what they want and it's something you have in stock ? Can you usually get them scheduled within a few hours or even the same day usually ? Or is it more the norm that you are usually booked a few days out ?

One of the larger dealers in the Ft. Wayne area works out of his home by appointment only also. Unlike you, he just sells and doesn't offer other services such as training. Here, it seems like it's split ... Customers in the area either love it or hate it...

Top Bottom