• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Selena Gomez? Wow. Just.... wow.

ANNNNYway. Tuesday night, 6:00 pm, at the Carmel City Hall. There have been indications that there may be people there speaking out against it, so it would be great to have people there. People don't HAVE to speak, but just to be there to show support would be great.

I understand they are hearing a gas station issue, too, so there may be a crowd.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Selena Gomez? Wow. Just.... wow.

ANNNNYway. Tuesday night, 6:00 pm, at the Carmel City Hall. There have been indications that there may be people there speaking out against it, so it would be great to have people there. People don't HAVE to speak, but just to be there to show support would be great.

I understand they are hearing a gas station issue, too, so there may be a crowd.

i know... I have a middle school daughter.....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In talking to some people, I understand that there may actually be some people at the meeting opposed to the range.

Looking forward to seeing some people there. I know a couple of us will be there no matter what! :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. Whew! :)

First, it was a good night. Great to see Indyharleyguy and a couple others (not sure if they want to be publicly identified). The video is actually available online at the Carmel website, I think. Warning: the gun range comes up about an hour into it. If you are in to city planning, the first 2 projects that get hearings are pretty interesting. If you're not, well... I think it was probably a long hour for Indyharleyguy and the others. :)

Second, and probably most importantly, there was NO opposition that spoke. None. I think the Plan Commission was actually somewhat surprised. So, I was glad we had a few people to speak - because it reinforces that there's more support for this than opposition. That's important because...

Third, I mentioned this in my presentation, the administration's report mentions a few items that I find interesting. Councilor Kevin Rider described them (paraphrasing) as being too much. He asked that they be "unrequired" before the committee meeting. We'll see how that plays out.

So, the next step is that it will be considered by the Special Studies Committee (almost everything goes there) on December 3. The committee will make a recommendation to the larger commission. The December 3 meeting is open to the public, but I do not believe they take public comment. At least, they are not required to. The attorneys for the owner will make a presentation, though, which will describe the safety and sound barrier features of the building.

At this rate, I think we'll have a gun range by this time next year. :)

Edit: I forgot the funniest part. Councilor Rider is not shy about expressing his pro-2a beliefs, so I wasn't surprised when he spoke up first. After his comments, a guy I don't know (but am looking forward to meeting) who I believe is an appointment from the Parks Department spoke up. The first thing he said was, "I think you're going to need more parking." :)

Classic.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    Awesome news! Hopefully this goes through...would like to have multiple options in the Hamilton County area. I live practically in the middle of the Wesfield range opening up next month and this Carmel range should it actually go through!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks for the updates, T. Lex.

I have always wondered why Carmel/Westfield/Noblesville/HomePlace/HomeFries/etc. does not have more indoor ranges and gun shops. Good to see that changing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is good news. I've been sick all week. Glad Mr. Ryder is onboard (term used loosely) and this will be a nice addition to our community.
    Yeah, these facilities are long overdue for this market. And, in defense of Kevin, he is a solid 2A guy and the only way he votes against this is if the developer really screws something up on it. And I *REALLY* don't think that's going to happen.

I'm looking forward to going to the Westfield one, too. I think it'll be good to have options.

Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Thanks for all of your work T. Lex and thanks to those that attended the meeting. Hopefully this will become a reality. Cant wait for the westfield range to open up.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I know it's a long ways out, but any details as to what type of range? Does the owner have a particular business model he would be copying? When might it open?

Top Bottom