• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Pisses me off when I see videos like that. Some butt zit wants to show his girl how manly he is by putting a gun he knows a beginning shooter can't handle in her hands, then makes her look like a fool. Since she can't handle it, it must make him a real stud, right?

Her line "take it away from me now!" says it all. A potential shooter lost, and some jerk who will wonder why, down the road, she gets pissy when he wants to buy another gun instead of creating a shooting partner.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Pisses me off when I see videos like that. Some butt zit wants to show his girl how manly he is by putting a gun he knows a beginning shooter can't handle in her hands, then makes her look like a fool. Since she can't handle it, it must make him a real stud, right?

Her line "take it away from me now!" says it all. A potential shooter lost, and some jerk who will wonder why, down the road, she gets pissy when he wants to buy another gun instead of creating a shooting partner.

well said

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

It could be that she went along on the range trip and asked to shoot it after watching the boys do so. Jus sayin.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I find it pretty appalling that people will give a girl a gun, knowing she can't handle it, and laugh about it.

Just be thankful nobody was shot. Poor decision making.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    I never gave my wife a gun which I thought would overpower her and she always stayed very supportive of my habit and participated in some of it. Never gave me grief over new purchases of guns and equipment when we had the resources for them. Play a foolish, mean prank on a woman and someday you'll regret it. Maybe not the next minute, day, week, year but you will pay! You wouldn't treat your children that way when teaching them gun safety and handling would you, so why treat your partner that way?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    If one were to really root out YouTube videos often, one would see there are many candidates applying for the Darwin Awards. It's not just guns, but motor vehicles, explosive devices, etc...

I didn't start this thread to hear how "bad or dumb" people are, but simply to show the myriad of videos available showing recorded incidents with firearms that ended or could have ended in a potentially bad way.

Some of the posted discontent is obvious thought when watching ANY video where someone may have been, or could have been hurt.

I doubt that all of the videos you see with potentially harmful results had any ill intentions in the beginning. The guy who gets hit in the head with the .50 ricochet didn't intend to try to blow his head off. However, some videos are obviously orchestrated without logic.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    24/7, 360 degree total situational awareness guy ... :rolleyes:

He always keeps and eye out...
    deer2.jpg

stays on his toes
    shotgun05.jpg

constantly evaluating his situation and any threats to his person...

open carries so he can take advantage of any opportunity to represent for the responsible gun owners out there by educating the public common sheeple

Top Bottom