• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Looking to see if anyone uses a gun inventory spreadsheet to keep track on their firearms, and equipment. I did a search here & found nothing, and on bing (just bunch of company's wanting to sale you some software).

I found some templates that I could modify, or just make my own, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has done it first, or knows where a template might be?

Excel works best for me, but I'm open to ant format..

Thanks
    Dave

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I did do the access thing a few months back, but I'm just not good with MS access. I'm having a hard time converting it to a spreadsheet so I can make a hard copy..

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just have a list in excel that is sent to my gmail so it is not lost. It has make/model and SN. I don't know what else you would need or why you would get so deep as to get into Access.. I avoid Access like the plague.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I just have a list in excel that is sent to my gmail so it is not lost. It has make/model and SN. I don't know what else you would need or why you would get so deep as to get into Access.. I avoid Access like the plague.

I'd like to have pictures attached to the program, but not the hard copy like a spreadsheet..

btownie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Monroe County
    I have taken pictures of the guns, close up of the serial numbers. Also recorded the serial numbers, model, etc in a word document. All condensed to one file and encrypted. All backed up multiple times.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have a document in Open Office with make, model, SN, pictures, history (any issues or failures, rounds fired, etc). I also have one for all My gear, mags, equipment, preps, etc. I keep a pretty strict inventory on all my stuff :D

Smoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Laporte
    I have one in excel and it works for me. The main sheet is a master list and then a worksheet for each firearm with pictures. The main page has hyperlinks to the corresponding sheet. A little rough but it works.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I did do the access thing a few months back, but I'm just not good with MS access. I'm having a hard time converting it to a spreadsheet so I can make a hard copy..

Go to the table in Access where the data is stored. Click on "File" and then "Export". Access will ask for a path. Select where you want to export and then in the file type box, select Excel and then click OK to export. Once exported into Excel, you can format the column widths and print.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011

Very wise... avoid Access like the plague...
    I have an excel spreadsheet that I keep in my Google Docs so I can always access it anytime, anywhere

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Free Gun Collector Software
    nmgcswLabel.jpg

Top Bottom