• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, this is an open forum, and the tax issue has come up. Simply stated all Federal tax code rules will be followed, as the law requires. I DO NOT plan to post up the winners name, I figure that will be up to them to announce they won. Also with the prize package as it is, it would be very simple for the winner to sell off one of two items and pay for the tax burden and still come out with a massive winning. Lastly i will also give the winner the option of just taking one of the prizes if they so choose, as to fall under the tax cap on prize winnings, and then continue to draw names for each additional prize if they so choose..........

Most important, we are hosting this raffle on behalf of the Aaron Strode Benefit Fund to raise money to help ease his finicial burden, the main thing is the charity aspect of helping out a fellow shooter and all around good man, you can very easily call up and donate without entering the raffle, or simply pass on winning if you so choose. Thanks INGO:ingo:

This was my understanding of the tax code on such things. Easy enough to overcome using the classifieds and network of friends. Sell off what you do not want or will not use to pay the tax and whats left pocket it or give it back to the charity.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This was my understanding of the tax code on such things. Easy enough to overcome using the classifieds and network of friends. Sell off what you do not want or will not use to pay the tax and whats left pocket it or give it back to the charity.

Thanks I was wondering if a 1099 would be handed out as well.
    Based on some internet reading it looks like you take fair market value of aid items and that is your tax burden unless you get a 1099. Imagine the vendor is going to write these items off as a tax write off on their end.

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't do facebook. Is there any way that us non-facebookers can get a simple list of the items up in this raffle?

In your picture I see an AR of some kind, an AR upper of some kind a fixed blade knife and sheath, a 1911 type pistol, a hat, a couple of t shirts, a bolt gun, maybe a pink 10/22, a 4th rifle I don't recognize, and other stuff.

I don't mean to be pissy, but it is just a request.

Thanks
    Mike

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I don't do facebook. Is there any way that us non-facebookers can get a simple list of the items up in this raffle?

In your picture I see an AR of some kind, an AR upper of some kind a fixed blade knife and sheath, a 1911 type pistol, a hat, a couple of t shirts, a bolt gun, maybe a pink 10/22, a 4th rifle I don't recognize, and other stuff.

I don't mean to be pissy, but it is just a request.

Thanks
    Mike

Mike, I have tried to keep the very first #1 post updated with the entire lot as it arrives. Check it out, any specific questiosn then let me know. Take care, thanks for thinking about our brother.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Good idea for a great cause. Has method of ticket purchase been discussed? Can we buy without getting to your store. My free time is very limited right now.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    My arm is getting a bit tired from writing out tickets, keep it up INGO, we have less than a month to go!!!!!!!! Call me, email, drop me a PM, it doesn't matter, get in on this, not only is it a great cause, but its a totally awesome prize package!!!!!!!!!!!

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Very good idea. I lost my right leg in a work accident back in '81. The company I worked for did absolutely nothing for me. I guess they figured workmans comp was good enough. In the end, I got $16,000.
    I'd rather have my leg back. Maybe then I could find a job today.

My hat is off to you for this effort.
    I'd love to join in and help, but being unemployed and in desperate financial dilema I am unable. But my prayers go out for all involved, and for your help.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    In East-Central-IN, was on web site and want to know how can I get some tickets?

Just seen this, do I still have time?

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    YES!!!!!!! call me M-f from 9-5pm, or leave me a voicemail after hours and I'll call you when I get back to my desk. We will be selling tickets over the phone by VISA/MC/DISC until close of business Nov26th, after that WE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom