• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We still have a very big problem. There is plenty of room for the GOA to step up and start establishing themselves as a public educator on the 2A.

More than once as of late I have heard otherwise good talking heads stating that it's a given that gun control will happen. We need this fixed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We still have a very big problem. There is plenty of room for the GOA to step up and start establishing themselves as a public educator on the 2A.

More than once as of late I have heard otherwise good talking heads stating that it's a given that gun control will happen. We need this fixed.

Copy that. Maybe get a segment of the population to realize the answer to bad government is not more government.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Parkland survivors announce sweeping gun control plan: 'Green New Deal, but for guns'

March for Our Lives had already called for universal background checks but the new proposal is more comprehensive than their previous list of demands.

In addition to background checks, the group called for a multi-step approval process for gun ownership. That included "in-person interviews, personal references, rigorous gun safety training, and a waiting period of 10 days for each gun purchase."

It would also impose much stricter limits on purchases by raising the minimum age for gun possession to 21 and limiting Americans to one firearm purchase per month. It's unclear how the plan will be implemented as that purchase limit would seem to preclude its other goal of imposing higher fees on bulk firearm purchases.

That fee, along with annual fees for firearm licenses, would be directed toward addressing gun violence. The plan also called for a national licensing and registry system.

They can **** all the way off with this unconstitutional nonsense.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Boycott, by not doing anything they propose because... well.... they're bad guys.

And that's why non of the anti-gunners crap will ever work. Because bad guys are bad.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [h=1]President Trump Responds To Reporters On Gun Control- Liberals FURIOUS[/h]
    https://rightwingtribune.com/2019/08/21/president-trump-responds/

We are in very meaningful discussions with the Democrats. And I think the Republicans are very unified. We are very strong on our Second Amendment. The Democrats are not strong at all on the Second Amendment. I would say they’re weak on the Second Amendment, and we have to be careful of that.
    The Democrats would, I believe — I think they’d give up the Second Amendment. And the people that — a lot of the people that put me where I am are strong believers in the Second Amendment — and I am, also. And we have to be very careful about that. You know, they call it the “slippery slope,” and all of the sudden, everything gets taken away. We’re not going to let that happen.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I heard that statement. The concerning part about it, it sounds like someone had to pull him aside and tell him it was the pro 2A people who put him there. He had no problem at all using the pen and phone to fabricate a “law” banning bump stocks. The calculation there was that not enough people would oppose it in a way that would keep them from the polls.

His sudden change in rhetoric, though quite welcome, isn’t a cause to let our guard down or to blindly think we’ve won. The political enemy isn’t just the Democrats. It’s any politician or organization who could so easily infringe on the people’s rights. He’s done it before. He’s as strong on the 2A as redefining a plastic accessory as a machine gun. Don’t be complacent just because you like him. Be your own tribe.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My response to "march for our live" is NOT "INGO friendly".

Who on Earth actually thinks it is a good idea for high school students to set national policy, let alone have the vote? Their supporters are the same people who will whip out research that finds a young person's brain is still developing until about age 26, so young people should not be held as responsible for misbehavior as adults. So, which way do they want it?

My son is 18, and he is a mature, well put together young man, but he still has a lot of maturing to do. And maybe I'm biased, but he seems to be ahead of many of his peers.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Who on Earth actually thinks it is a good idea for high school students to set national policy, let alone have the vote? Their supporters are the same people who will whip out research that finds a young person's brain is still developing until about age 26, so young people should not be held as responsible for misbehavior as adults. So, which way do they want it?

My son is 18, and he is a mature, well put together young man, but he still has a lot of maturing to do. And maybe I'm biased, but he seems to be ahead of many of his peers.
    Exactly. They don't want them to be able to buy cigarettes, alcohol, or guns, because they are not mature enough. But let them vote at 16!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Exactly. They don't want them to be able to buy cigarettes, alcohol, or guns, because they are not mature enough. But let them vote at 16!

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Top Bottom