Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many?

One, mine.

1Nf7vRU.png

See, this illustrates the problem perfectly. I don’t think getting rid of my guns will impact death rates at all. So why would I? If BBIs gave up his mid-life crisis car would car accident deaths decrease? I assume not.

This person is obviously convinced there is a strong correlation between lawful ownership of guns and murder rates. And they think the link is obvious, so therefore people who own guns obviously want high murder rates. You can’t talk them out of that nonsense. You can show them scatter plots of gun ownership by state bs murder rate. The cart looks like random dots. But no, it has to be law abiding gun owners’ fault.

The correlation isn’t zero but it’s far less than correlation between murder rates and the states’ Jini index. Turns out, the more ghetto areas a state has, the higher the murder rate. SURPRISE! There’s more violent crime in impoverished neighborhoods! Holy **** that’s such a shocker.

I think we should turn tweets like that around to blame them for voting for Democrats, whose social programs keep these people perpetually impoverished, and violent.

If the murder rate among PoC were the same as the murder rated among whites, the murder rate in the US would be comparable to Europe. I’m not saying that PoC are inherently violent. It’s got nothing to do with race. It’s mostly due to poverty and the cultural attitudes that form as a result of the Democratic Party’s policies that perpetuate the culture of violence in poverty.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/7115?r=1
    I doubt this even gets out of committee this session, but assuming they don't just push the usual canned semi-auto ban next year I expect to see it again. Unsurprisingly it also covers 80% lowers, but also appears to include LPKs for completed receivers.

A tipping of their hand for next year, though. 3D printed guns have been in the news, so they're going to exploit that to ban the entire AR market, the entire import parts kit gun market, and if I'm reading this right, criminalize any sale of any firearms parts. This bill makes a trigger spring illegal.

kirtar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    West Lafayette
    A tipping of their hand for next year, though. 3D printed guns have been in the news, so they're going to exploit that to ban the entire AR market, the entire import parts kit gun market, and if I'm reading this right, criminalize any sale of any firearms parts. This bill makes a trigger spring illegal.
    That's basically how I'm reading it as well. Granted it depends on how intent/design is interpreted, but the intent is obviously to cover as much stuff as possible.

Top Bottom