• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a gun check at the Statehouse and other government buildings? The place I feel most vulnerable is walking from my car to the statehouse.

They already have security, they could have a locked room where you can check your gun...just like in the good ol' days!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wouldn't it be great to not be stripped of your rights just for entering the Statehouse?

tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    That's probably the first executive order I would sign if (and when I say if, hypothetically on some whole other planet!) I became governor!

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Wow... I have carried into the Kentucky state Capitol building, the Capitol annex where all the legislators work, the Governors residence, heck-fire even in his private office and I was perfectly within the law while doing it. Oh and for the record, I am NOT affiliated with law enforcement in any way, it is just Kentucky believes in the Second Amendment. Heck, you can even smoke inside the Capitol and Capitol annex still...

Gunner

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Go figure, government buildings start voiding your rights at the door yet people believe they're a symbol of our rights... and they say I'm crazy for not trusting government...

tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    @Khazik,

Glad to know I'm not alone in not trusting the government (federal that is, I think at the state-level in Indiana, we're doing pretty well. I trust that government...for now that is)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Actually, I always thought that a great opportunity for an entrepreneur would be to have a lock-box business next to city, county and federal buildings where persons aren't allowed to enter with weapons. I'll bet that there are plenty of employees and visitors that would use the service if it could be done reasonably. I would guess that there would be a lot of them carrying pepper spray and firearms if they knew that they could lock them up close to the entrance to the government building.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    Wow... I have carried into the Kentucky state Capitol building, the Capitol annex where all the legislators work, the Governors residence, heck-fire even in his private office and I was perfectly within the law while doing it. Oh and for the record, I am NOT affiliated with law enforcement in any way, it is just Kentucky believes in the Second Amendment. Heck, you can even smoke inside the Capitol and Capitol annex still...

Gunner

Carry and can even smoke inside?! Wow, just wow . . . Oh for the old days when the US was politically incorrect.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a gun check at the Statehouse and other government buildings? The place I feel most vulnerable is walking from my car to the statehouse.

They already have security, they could have a locked room where you can check your gun...just like in the good ol' days!

The only thing with this is, though, that the IC would have to be amended to allow carry over the sidewalk and onto and into the property.

Currently the inside edge of the sidewalk is as far as we're supposed to go, legally, while armed.

And yes, it's dumb.

-J-

Top Bottom