Guess who walked into Don's Guns today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/research/AGS-delears.pdf

The Top 120 Gun Stores with the Most Guns Traced to Crime​
    Based on crime gun trace data from 1996 to 2000
    Chuck’s Guns Riverdale, IL 2370
    Don’s Guns & Galleries, Inc. Indianapolis, IN 2294
    Badger Outdoors, Inc. West Milwaukee, WI 1906
    Southern Police Equipment
    Company, Inc. Richmond, VA 1181

:rolleyes:
    So is the assumption that many of those people committing crimes with guns purchased at DG were sold their gun without the required federal background checks being performed by the dealer? Otherwise, what was he supposed to do, not sell to people who have every right to buy one? If he wasn't running the required background checks, wouldn't he be in jail?

Look, my impression of ol' Don is that he's a greasy, sleazy fellow, but simply selling a lot of guns in an area with a high crime rate, while following all laws and regulations could easily land any store on that list. I mean just because someone passes that background check, doesn't mean they're guaranteed never to commit a crime with the gun or have it stolen and then used in a crime later.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The opportunity to clean up is evident.

If Don's offends thee, simply open up a competing store in the area and sell for less.
    You could sell High Points for $250, Mossbergs for $450 and most other guns for 25%-50% less than his place and still make a healthy profit.
    Commercial real estate in that area is readily available and at an all time low.

Don't look at me that way - I've already got my hands full.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Well, he USED to carry a twin set of gold 45's. I dont know where he gets his money though.
    Nice guy though

gmiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Based on the location of his store, my guess is his target customers are people who see it driving by, stop in one day and have never been in another gun store. Which explains why most of the stores I buy from are hard to get to.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So is the assumption that many of those people committing crimes with guns purchased at DG were sold their gun without the required federal background checks being performed by the dealer? Otherwise, what was he supposed to do, not sell to people who have every right to buy one? If he wasn't running the required background checks, wouldn't he be in jail?

Look, my impression of ol' Don is that he's a greasy, sleazy fellow, but simply selling a lot of guns in an area with a high crime rate, while following all laws and regulations could easily land any store on that list. I mean just because someone passes that background check, doesn't mean they're guaranteed never to commit a crime with the gun or have it stolen and then used in a crime later.

It's called a straw purchase and responsible gun dealers refuse to engage in it. Here's how it works:

Dirtbag comes in to look at guns. Walks like a dirtbag, talks like a dirtbag, dresses like a dirtbag and acts like a dirtbag. Asks to see a handgun then proceeds to hold it up sideways to demonstrate to everyone in the store that he's "gangsta". Dirtbag leaves the store.

The next day dirtbag walks back into the store with his girlfriend. Points to the handgun he was acting out his fantasy with the day before and tells her that she needs to buy that gun. Girlfriend asks to buy the gun then turns to her boyfriend who hands her the money. Girlfriend grabs a pen and begins filling out the 4473.

This is where a responsible gun dealer stops the process and says "get the hell out of my store". This is where Don's says "sure hope you like it ma'am, please tell all of your friends to come in and buy the rest of the inventory".

He's done more damage to gun owners in Indiana than any politician. Every time they quote him in the paper he's convincing sheeple that assault rifles are evil and no one has a legitimate reason to own them. Primarily because he doesn't make his money off of them.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lol

Don Davis (gun activist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2829955.jpg

masterblaster-c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    indianapolis
    I went to Don's one time! When I was there I talked to Don he seemed like a grease, pushy salesman. There were also so many people on the range without supervision that the range door was open and the shots rang through out the store, if that weren't bad enough a shell casing came flying out the door and hit a display case right in front of me...That's when I left and vowed to never go back!!!

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Man, I always wanted to go and check out Don's. Glad I found this site first before I wasted my time with an hour drive.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Been there once, shady looking place to say the least. He wanted like 700 for a PPKs. I didn't buy anything but My buddy bought some ammo or something. If I want to go to the range, I'll just drive to Crosley and shoot for free! :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Because people rationalize it. "He may be the Devil, but I just need a place to shoot, so it's OK. It's not like I'm buying guns there".
    :yesway:

Exactly! People don't mind contributing to evil because they rationalize it. I'm only contributing a little so its OK. Remember to take no action is an action. By not going to Don's at all you are contributing to the good.

KahrFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Speedway
    He showed me his gun about four days ago too:) I was curious what he carried...I envisioned a beautiful, one of a kind masterpiece...it was a keltec 380 with a laser. He was very friendly. I've seen him in there twice now. I won't buy anything there, but he does insure his guns for life for around $25 or $35...I think. I saw an XD 40 for $1000! Holy crap.

Top Bottom