• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    Never really given much thought into Glock guns always had others I wanted ahead of them. Couple months ago I acquired a Glock 29 in a trade and have found I really like the gun, so much I ended up buying a Glock 36 couple days ago. They are not the prettiest guns but just seem very simple which I like. I dont plan on quit carrying my XDS I do think ill carry one of my glock every now and then. Thinking my next one will be a 43.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Well,I kinda know what you mean. I was a Glock guy for yrs, then bought my first 1911 and the rest is history.
    Recently got the itch to buy a Glock again and now can't wait to pay it off. Glock 17 that I will hopefully shoot some type of competition.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I joined the club today too. Was at Rural King and they are selling Glock 42's for $410. Didn't seem like a bad price, so I picked one up, my first Glock.
    Figured it would be a way to learn something about Glocks, going to the range tomorrow. Also, people are asking more than I paid for mine on AL, so even if I end up not wanting it, I won't loose much.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I was the same way only shooting revolvers and 1911's. I shot a Glock 21 and actually sold off my entire collection of pistols to buy more mags and ammo. Picked up a model 17 too.

Sweet all business pistols!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There's no shame in it. Glocks will never have the sexiness or ergonomics of a lot of other pistols but they tend to be utterly reliable, plenty accurate and easily repaired should it be required.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Saying "I guess I am a Glock guy now" is almost like saying "I think I'm gay"... Its just a bad look all the way around.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There's no shame in it. Glocks will never have the sexiness or ergonomics of a lot of other pistols but they tend to be utterly reliable, plenty accurate and easily repaired should it be required.

Forgot to mention that you'll occasionally have to put up with those who have an inferiority complex.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My experience was similar except for my having a distinct dislike for the brand. I actually thought they were complex inside, based on what I'd seen in other more modern guns. Then I bought one and was amazed at how simple it was. I was suprised to find it was actually comfortable in my hand (except for how my second knuckle hits the trigger guard) and the things shot well too. Before I knew it, I had 5 or 6 in the collection and at one time, had almost as many Glocks as 1911s. I still like them, but am down to 3 now (G21sf, G23 and G27) since committing to the 1911 platform for carry. They really are beautiful in their simplicity. I don't think of myself as a Glock guy, but do appreciate what they bring to the table and will always have a couple.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I too dismissed the Glocks my daughter got a couple of them but I liked the S&W the grip angle felt better to me. I was in the right place one day and someone needed some money and I became the proud owner of my first Glock. It sat in the safe a few months and I decided to get out that G27 and ran a few mags though it. I shot it really well I guess the rest is historyI find myself carrying that G27 more than my Smiths and even picked up a G43. Oh well I guess I drank the Kool Aid too lol.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is still America (although hanging by a thread) We have the freedom to shoot we like. No apology needed. I have owned a few of them. Just because I don't like them enough to keep one, doesn't mean that I am not happy for you to enjoy yours. Work with it and develop your skills to full competency.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know. The US Army Special Forces have been using the Glock 19 for a while now. It may just be a special ops thing. I don't see the Army going Glock unless Glock builds them with a thumb safey. I think they can, but it's not common at all.

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    My first carry semi was an HK P7M8 and I loved it, but became disenchanted with 9mm and sold it. I've shot 1911s for years and am very fond of the platform and always looked down on Glock. Recently I started carrying a .357 snubby because the 1911 was just too large to conceal. I was asked to be objective and look at a 30S and became hooked. The 30S is so similar in size to my snubby and it holds 11 rounds. What's not to like? I've put enough rounds through it now that I'm very comfortable with it and can shoot 3" groups at 10 yards all day. Also love the ease with which you can install night sights and have gown to appreciate the design. Not complicated at all, not that the 1911 is either, but there are a lot fewer parts....

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've gone to the G19 from an old fashioned 1911 guy for over 4 decades.
    It took a while but I got the mechanics in place and I shoot it pretty well . They're Excellent, dependable, and comfortable to conceal.
    I did figure out one major thing.
    These damned buttugly Glocks are what started the OC/CC debate. They're so ugly you make up all kinds of excuses for them.

Top Bottom