jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Clarification on packaging

In our current group buy GhostOfWinter wants 10,000 9mm bullets so what we will get on the pallet is going to be 10 boxes of 9mm, which I will label as his for him to pickup.

So if say you want

1,250 bullets of 9mm you will get 1 box of 1K 9mm at the 70.47 rate and then 1 box of 250 at the $22.22 rate.

But if you want 1,400 bullets of 9mm that is NOT possible since they come in boxes of 1K or 250.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jedi

I will volunteer to help with the pick-up of the bullets. I do not own a pick up truck, but I have access to one that I can borrow.

The other option is that we can take 2 vehicles. I have an SUV that will take most of the weight, so we can potentially split the load into two vehicles and load them by hand.

PLEASE ship it to the HIGHLAND location, that would put it within a block or two of where I can borrow the pick up truck!!!

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Jedi,

I am thinking about getting in on the group buy but have a question. I'd be interested in getting some ammo boxes with my bullets, how would they be calculated into the shipping? Probably not a big deal, but I don't want someone thinking they were cheated.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @landon & all
    1st some too much info.
    I'm just getting over a cold and my lower back has been in major pain from all the violent coughing since christmass. I started going to a chrio this week and that has helped but alas now it looks like the flu has got me. Running a low grade fever right now, am :puke:ing, and can't keep anything down including just plain water as it comes out violently .... so needless to stay I'm calling it a night. Want to take advil for the pain/fever but afriad my body will make me :puke: again.

So why all that tmi?

Cause Icant think of an answer for you right now landon.
    1) you do realize the pick up location is in lake county, in (ie. Schereville) right?
    2) will you also be ordering bullets?
    I don't think we will get free shipping since we are limiting it to a 60K order and may not ever reach that point. So based on my sick, weak mind right now I say GhostOfWinter has the most to loss/gain from this right now as he has the largest bullet order and thus paying the most in shipping.

I would say if you were only ordering say ammo boxes and not via the group buy it would probably run you $10 for shipping for a medium size box so Ido not think its fair to have you pay that or more.

What do others think? A flat say $ shipping rate for ammo boxes and that $3 is divided by proportion to all buyers to reduce their shipping? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Under the covers now freezing **sigh**

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Cause Icant think of an answer for you right now landon.
    1) you do realize the pick up location is in lake county, in (ie. Schereville) right?
    Yes. Thats not a big issue if I decide to get in. I get up that way every once in a while and it will give me an excuse to make a run to Cabela's.

2) will you also be ordering bullets?
    Yes I would be ordering bullets also. I am just starting reloading and take a class with Profire tomorrow. I think after the class I will know my bullet needs better, but I am thinking 2-3K of 9mm right now.

What do others think? A flat say $ shipping rate for ammo boxes and that $3 is divided by proportion to all buyers to reduce their shipping? Thoughts? Suggestions?
    I know I am one that would order some ammo boxes, but my opinion would be if a bullet purchase is made the boxes are included in that cost. With that said, I am willing to do whatever the group decides is fair. $3 is reasonable also.

Under the covers now freezing **sigh**

Response above.

Take care of yourself and get well! That bug sure is going around.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    is anyone willing to help transfer some south to the lafayette area? If so, I would be interested. Possibly up to 20k.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    is anyone willing to help transfer some south to the lafayette area? If so, I would be interested. Possibly up to 20k.

Fastenal has locations in Lafayette and Lebanon. Maybe we should organize a group buy in our area. I know another INGOer in the Lebanon area would be interested.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sick or not the show must go on. =)
    I did ask him about pricing for powder/primers. He said he will try to email it to me along with the updated bullet prices. They have a shipment of bullets coming in tomorrow from berry's (actually today) that he is focused on right now.

That's a damn shame, because the prices on the paypal buttons are freakin sweet.

Yes those were pre-obama election prices followed by pre-sandy hook. Berry's is running 24/7 and still can't keep up with demand.
    They need one of those star trek duplicator machines. :p

Fastenal has locations in Lafayette and Lebanon. Maybe we should organize a group buy in our area. I know another INGOer in the Lebanon area would be interested.

If you and others get at least 13K in a bullet order the $100 pallet price does make sense.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Well I may or may not be interested at post-Obama election/Sandy Hook prices, but I'll retain my order for now. Stupid firearms industry, acting like oil speculators... **kicks rocks**

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    Jedi.

i am in for 2K 9mm 115gr RN

But send me a reminder week before due date to pay, i tend to forget specially when it come to pay money lol.

Pm for the Junior event i have pigeon trower and shooting table that i may be able to lend if not able to attend, able to deliver to you house and pic up after done or u can send somebody to my shop and get it.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    You guys are still planning on going the full time right? I've got about 8 guys who reload in my area and I'm working on trying to push them towards a big order here because they almost all use Berry's. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't for nothing. A couple posts made it sound like people were worried we wouldn't have enough to order.

Probably there are other people working in the wings.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You guys are still planning on going the full time right? I've got about 8 guys who reload in my area and I'm working on trying to push them towards a big order here because they almost all use Berry's. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't for nothing. A couple posts made it sound like people were worried we wouldn't have enough to order.

Probably there are other people working in the wings.

yes we are still doing this.
    We have enough orders to make the $100 pallet shipping worth it to us.
    So long as you have 13K in bullets the $100 shipping works. You guys can join us if you like, but ya would have to drive to us to pickup. may be worth your time to just orth and have a pallet shipped to you. INGO members in central IN are doing that as oppose to joining us since they have enough for 13K. At 100K or more he will ship for FREE. We could do that if south bend, NWI and central IN did a bigger order but then it's an issue of ya still coming to us which may not be worth it gas wise.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Depending on the South Bend order size, I may be able to meet in the area one day and transfer bullets. Girlfriend took a job at Memorial and there is always fun to be had at Kodiak. Wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as I can get it loaded in my truck. Central IN guys are on their own though, as I am not driving there any time soon.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Jedi, put me down for 2k of the 124gr RN. This is a tentative order, but about 90% sure that's what I want.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom