• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I just talked to the sales guy at Ameriqual and he said that they are out of the last production run and that the next one will be late June/July. He did give me the number of a contact in Evansville who stocked them and that guy quoted me $66+tax ($71+) per case by the pallet load, which is too high for me to mess with and not a great price regardless. I will repost when they have the current production run finished in July, and PM those who posted for the second pallet and if there is still enough interest I will contact the folks on the list and if there's still enough interest I will do another pallet then.

I'm going to update the OP to reflect this.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thank you for all your efforts shibumiseeker. I for one would be happy to be part of a second pallet if it becomes available. In the meantime I think I will pick up a few MREs from another source. So where is the best place to buy a few.:dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I ordered a single case of these MREs directly from Ameriqual last week. $81 per case shipped to my front door. Had it in two days. They appear to be complete meals with heater. I have not opened one but they look like the military MREs that I have tried in the past (only in different outer packaging). Bottom line is that I definately want some more if another group buy takes place. $56 is a very good price.

The meals I got listed different shelf lives depending on storage temperature. But basically 3 years.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    In general, the shelf-life of MREs that one typically sees quoted is based on palatability testing. They're safe to eat for a longer period.

Shelf life varies depending on storage temperature and the effects of temperature are cumulative. (To complicate things, there's old stye MREs and new ones with different storage charts.)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]See:
    MREInfo.com - MRE Shelf Life
    MRE's Facts, History & Shelf Life Information, MRE's Facts, History & Shelf

Ameriqual specifically links to the following site for info on their products. That site says,
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

"How long will it last?
    The shelf life of the MRE is three (3) years at 80 degrees F. However, the shelf life can be extended through the use of cold storage facilities prior to distribution."

Operational Rations - Ration Programs/Products

I'm pretty comfortable with 5 yrs stored in a cool basement.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Last week I had an (military) MRE from the late 80's. Still here today and that thing was not kept in the coolest of environments.

While I don't stand behind eating these from that far out, they are still safe in my findings. Think I have two more then I am back to the more current models.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Last week I had an (military) MRE from the late 80's. Still here today and that thing was not kept in the coolest of environments.

While I don't stand behind eating these from that far out, they are still safe in my findings. Think I have two more then I am back to the more current models.

My Mom still has some of the old C-Rations I used to bring home to her from back in the day.

I know I have eaten MRE's that were older than 5 years old when I was on active duty, however the military stores them better and checks different lots at random during storage.

Did they taste like paste?

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I would still like to have 5 cases if I can be assured that I am on the list high enough to receive them in the near future and if we can figure out how I can get them in the Mooresville area (Camby).

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I would still like to have 5 cases if I can be assured that I am on the list high enough to receive them in the near future and if we can figure out how I can get them in the Mooresville area (Camby).

As I posted when I updated the OP back in May, when the new run is available I will contact all who have expressed interest to see if they are still interested. If not, no harm no foul, requests will only be locked in once I have paid for the pallet. As can be seen in the OP, I only had a few people back out of their commitment on the last pallet.

As far as delivery, it's up to each person to arrange pickup as outlined in the OP. I cannot accept conditional orders since I am paying for these out of my own pocket up front, any order that is conditional once the pallet is ready for purchase will be ignored. I was pleased with how the first pallet went, everyone made an effort to work it out on their own and I don't think anyone went far out of their way to get delivery and we had some folks get them as far north as NW Indiana. Worst case scenario and shipping them is a little less than $10 a box in general.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom