• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I think you should by them gift certificates for their "hometown" FFL / shop of choice...

Now, for a different track: Are you and your fiance going into debt for your wedding? If so, don't buy $1500+ worth of guns as gifts for your groomsmen. A) it's silly to go into debt for a wedding. B) it's even MORE foolish to buy $1500+ worth of "stuff" to give away while you've got debt to pay off. C) Going into debt for honeymoon? See B. D) What's your debt-load outside of wedding stuff? If you have any debt - put that money towards the debt and not on buying $1500+ worth of stuff.

But - it's your money.

I have to agree - well put.....BUT if you have the money to give such an incredibly "thoughtful" and VERY PRACTICAL gift, I'd go with the G43 - I've been carrying that more lately than my G19 or G23.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I think you should by them gift certificates for their "hometown" FFL / shop of choice...

Now, for a different track: Are you and your fiance going into debt for your wedding? If so, don't buy $1500+ worth of guns as gifts for your groomsmen. A) it's silly to go into debt for a wedding. B) it's even MORE foolish to buy $1500+ worth of "stuff" to give away while you've got debt to pay off. C) Going into debt for honeymoon? See B. D) What's your debt-load outside of wedding stuff? If you have any debt - put that money towards the debt and not on buying $1500+ worth of stuff.

But - it's your money.

I think you are missing the point here. He might be buying the guns for his closest buds in hope that they will shoot him five years from now after living with who his wife really is.

Oh crap I gotta go Mrs Glueman is headed my way :runaway:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock 19 IMO is the best handgun on the planet. So you couldn't go wrong with that. However, the Glock 43 is a sweet sob as well and may be one to consider.

I would also consider the G43 as an option. It is about $100 less than the 19 and 26.

I have all three and I starting to like the 43 more and more. The G43 might be easier to get sequent serial numbers as well.

Edit: Buck beat me to the G43.

19 or a 43

I think the 43 is an excellent idea. Most people don't have one yet, even current Glock owners, and just about everyone can use a new easy to carry EDC.

I'd go G43 and see about having something laser engraved on the slides to commemorate the occasion.

These are the answer. Go with a 43. If they are Glock guys, and don't have a 43, this would be the way to go. I love mine (I also have 19/26, and still vote for the 43 for this purpose).

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The 19 would be an amazing gift. Great firearm. If you can afford it, go for it! Assuming all the groomsmen are "Glock guys". I tried really hard to be a "Glock Guy". It just didn't work out for me. :dunno: Assuming all the groomsmen are younger guys, you should be safe. I think it's a really cool idea!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

But - it's your money.

Not going into debt. Actually paying off all of my debt within the next year and saving to pay cash for the firearms. Thanks for the concern though.
    Skull and crossbones, perhaps?
    Ball and chain is more like it.
    I think you are missing the point here. He might be buying the guns for his closest buds in hope that they will shoot him five years from now after living with who his wife really is.

Oh crap I gotta go Mrs Glueman is headed my way :runaway:

A cousin who is like a brother and a very close friend who is also like a brother, so two brothers?
    These are the answer. Go with a 43. If they are Glock guys, and don't have a 43, this would be the way to go. I love mine (I also have 19/26, and still vote for the 43 for this purpose).

One of them lives in Indiana and will likely carry it. The other lives in Illinois and will likely only use the firearm for home defense and range only. Very doubtful that he will receive permission from the state to be able to carry the firearm outside of the home.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Have I mentioned I am a Licensed Wedding Officiant? :D
    Awesome! Soon-to-be-Mrs. Stephen will be pleased to hear you've volunteered, Rookie!

Why not go all out and buy 'em a Sig?
    Great! Thanks for offering to pay the other half! I think I'll go ahead and get three groomsman from INGO as well! They'll be appreciative that you are making this possible for three more people. :p

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    When I got married, we just took everyone out for dinner. IMHO, if I was to spend good money for gifts like that, I'd buy everyone a nice knife, like a ZT0350.

Spending that much money to buy everyone a gun is a little excessive, IMHO.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Spend your money on what you want. It's a thoughtful gesture.

I want to publicly applaud you for not have 6+ attendants on each side. The new trend of squeezing every friend you have onto the stage is, well, dumb.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I personally think this is one of the best ideas I have ever heard. I'm a younger guy and it seems that the groomsmen gifts can be anything from a Yeti cooler to an Igloo cooler. Both work fine and both do the job, one just slightly better. Haha. Its all about the gesture and not the price value of a certain item. With that said I would definitely go with either a G19 or G23 for that size or if smaller go with a G42 or G43. I have not shot a G43, but from all the talk above they seem like the real deal.

One unique thing that you could possibly have done is some sort of engraving done on the slide. I know its extra money, but it would be a very nice keepsake. The last wedding I was in everyone got a Leatherman with our name, the name of the couple, and the date. I really like it. I could PM some pictures if needed. Just my 2 cents.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I think I'm on the edge with the 43 or the 19. I have both and I love both. Lately I've been carrying my 43, only because it's easier to tuck under my hoodie.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    I vote for the 19 as well. What would really fancy things up is a nice shinny leather shoulder holster or if you wanted to go the other way just wear a FDE plate carrier under your jackets with a chest molle holster on it! :): But on a serious note you can't go wrong with the 43 or the 19, I'm sure they will be thankful either way! And Congrats!:thumbsup:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just another thought for the 43. The 43 is smaller so the grip is different than a full size. I know I know I'm Captain Obvious but for the people that say they don't like the feel of the Glock, are more than likely referring to the full size and well of course the fact that they just don't know any better :whistle:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I vote G26. Most people will shoot it way better than a G43 because that extra width really helps with ergonomics of grip and control of the weapon.

Top Bottom