• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If you had to choose one Glock to give as a groomsman gift, which would it be? I'm debating buying all of (there's only three of us) either a Glock 19, a Glock 26, or just letting them decide their own Glock that they want. I'd like to have consecutive serials, but I know it's very hard to get. What would your choice be? One of them will have to be IL legal, but I'll figure that out when need be.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    If you had to choose one Glock to give as a groomsman gift, which would it be? I'm debating buying all of (there's only three of us) either a Glock 19, a Glock 26, or just letting them decide their own Glock that they want. I'd like to have consecutive serials, but I know it's very hard to get. What would your choice be? One of them will have to be IL legal, but I'll figure that out when need be.

If it was your pick, I'd say 19. Probably the best all-around Glock, especially if they aren't CC'ers. You picking would be a better surprise, because they wouldn't know until they opened it, but their choice is cool, too, especially if you know some/all already have 9mm handguns.

As far as IL legal, there's no difference. Illinois doesn't any special requirements for handguns, unlike CA, NY, MA and the like. You just have to transfer it through an IL dealer to that guy, and he needs a FOID card.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Glock 19 IMO is the best handgun on the planet. So you couldn't go wrong with that. However, the Glock 43 is a sweet sob as well and may be one to consider.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would also consider the G43 as an option. It is about $100 less than the 19 and 26.

I have all three and I starting to like the 43 more and more. The G43 might be easier to get sequent serial numbers as well.

Edit: Buck beat me to the G43.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Contact saynation
    View Profile: saynation - INGunOwners

I'm betting he can and will get you sequential serial numbers and beat just about any price around including the Internet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another vote for 19s. More accurate due to sight radius, and almost as easy to conceal. I actually sold my 26 because I discovered it was just as easy to conceal my 19 and I was a HELL of a lot more accurate with it.

And If you can convince your bride to do the same gift with her bridesmaids, I'll walk with BigTanker. Just make sure its a full length dress. I dont have the legs for cocktail length.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Unless there's a specifically stated purpose and little to no likelyhood of it being used outside of that 1 purpose, the glock 19 is the way to go.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'd also go 19... It runs the board pretty well I think. Plus everyone needs one, or two!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Another vote for 19s. More accurate due to sight radius, and almost as easy to conceal. I actually sold my 26 because I discovered it was just as easy to conceal my 19 and I was a HELL of a lot more accurate with it.

And If you can convince your bride to do the same gift with her bridesmaids, I'll walk with BigTanker. Just make sure its a full length dress. I dont have the legs for cocktail length.

Your only agreeing to this because you saw him in his Hilbilly Tank Top Tuxedo at the Training class. :naughty:

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    Damn, I think I need new friends... a Glock as a Groomsman gift, that's awesome! Another vote for the 19 here, best all-around handgun ever in my opinon! I've also heard great things about the 43, haven't picked one up yet, but it's next on my list.

Top Bottom