code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hold my beer.

proxy-image
    I guess I don't know who that is but I can imagine the context.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Please notice i am not correcting anybody.
    I am not saying "you're wrong" to anybody.
    I am not even trying to convince anybody.

I am just stating my opinion on one way to avoid getting a murder charge.
    A murder charge is a big deal - a very big deal.
    And it doesn't matter one bit if the charge is nonsense or not.
    Kyle Rittenhouse agrees.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Never met a criminal he didn't want to put back on the streets ASAP.
    Greenwood Park Mall is right on the Johnson county side of Marion county/ Johnson county line(hint the name of the road is "County Line Rd").

If it's located on the north side of the same road, it will fall in Ryan Mears' jurisdiction.

bar-louie-greenwood-indiana-map.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Greenwood Park Mall is right on the Johnson county side of Marion county/ Johnson county line(hint the name of the road is "County Line Rd").

If it's located on the north side of the same road, it will fall in Ryan Mears' jurisdiction.

bar-louie-greenwood-indiana-map.jpg
    Oh I'm very familiar with it. Lifelong southsider here. Jamil was just acting if Ryan Mears was woke. No connection to this case.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Marion County prosecutor Ryan Mears.

While not a fan of Mears and his refusal to prosecute some cases that I firmly believe should be, I will also say that sword cuts both ways. He has not filed some self-defense cases that I would characterize as questionable. I've seen a few charges come out of his office I disagree with, including a self-defense against an unarmed attacker where I though disparity of force was obvious. While he exercises his prosecutorial discretion in a manner that I find disheartening, he has not overreached on trying to wrongfully prosecute self-defense cases vs armed suspects in my experience.

This, again, does not make me a fan of his nor does it mean I wouldn't prefer someone else in his seat, but fair is fair.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Kyle Rittenhouse agrees.

So does Zimmerman. But, again, apples vs orangutans.

Remember how often I pound on the idea of narrative building playing a key role in criminal justice decisions? Rightfully or wrongfully, "went looking for trouble" is a powerful narrative and much easier to spin for political gain vs the "reluctant hero" who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time but stepped up to the plate to save lives. Same as the "you'll get arrested for stopping a school shooter" thread. You can't strip context and just lump them together and still draw any valid conclusions.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So does Zimmerman. But, again, apples vs orangutans.

Remember how often I pound on the idea of narrative building playing a key role in criminal justice decisions? Rightfully or wrongfully, "went looking for trouble" is a powerful narrative and much easier to spin for political gain vs the "reluctant hero" who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time but stepped up to the plate to save lives. Same as the "you'll get arrested for stopping a school shooter" thread. You can't strip context and just lump them together and still draw any valid conclusions.
    I agree with all of that. I also think you are using to wide of a brush.

It is dependant

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I agree with all of that. I also think you are using to wide of a brush.

It is dependant

We're discussing a very specific incident in a specific context with the only key difference being if the bad guy gets shots off or not. I'm not sure what broad brush you assume I'm using, but what I've disputed is you're getting a Murder charge based on acting before bad guy fires the shot in this scenario.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We're discussing a very specific incident in a specific context with the only key difference being if the bad guy gets shots off or not. I'm not sure what broad brush you assume I'm using, but what I've disputed is you're getting a Murder charge based on acting before bad guy fires the shot in this scenario.
    The quote I quoted and highlighted had nothing to do with your scenario.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The quote I quoted and highlighted had nothing to do with your scenario.

There's a ongoing conversation, perhaps put it in that context. I get the difficulty of text based communication, and even more so if you pick it up midstream, but read the last several pages in one go and it seems pretty evident. Regardless, if there's some specific thing you'd like to discuss, feel free. Else I've no idea what broad brush you assume I'm using and figure we're not having the same conversation at this point.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While not a fan of Mears and his refusal to prosecute some cases that I firmly believe should be, I will also say that sword cuts both ways. He has not filed some self-defense cases that I would characterize as questionable. I've seen a few charges come out of his office I disagree with, including a self-defense against an unarmed attacker where I though disparity of force was obvious. While he exercises his prosecutorial discretion in a manner that I find disheartening, he has not overreached on trying to wrongfully prosecute self-defense cases vs armed suspects in my experience.

This, again, does not make me a fan of his nor does it mean I wouldn't prefer someone else in his seat, but fair is fair.
    sounds like hes just lazy... :):

I Invented the Internet

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    IN
    Camera footage hasn't been released yet has it? I realize it may never be, but it might prove useful for training purposes.

*paging Active Self Protection*

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Maybe in districts with Soros prosecutors. Indiana? I suspect not.
    People probably think this since all the grief Kyle R took. I agree about certain prosecutors though.

I think Rittenhouse was more of and edge case and highly publicized. We read about DGU all the time see how rare prosecutions of the "good guys" really are.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Camera footage hasn't been released yet has it? I realize it may never be, but it might prove useful for training purposes.

*paging Active Self Protection*
    Chief said outright it would never be released for the dignity of the deceased and out of respect for their families.
    It would be telling to see the video of Eli's performance with the perp (and victims) blacked out though.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well, you did kinda try to mush it up by including "every defense shooting"... but I will not go along with moving the goal posts that far.

So you think every self defense shooting that happens in this state let the bad guy shoot someone first?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I have seen the bloody uncensored pictures of the dead perp, they had been out from day one. But I'm surprised this day and age, nobody had put their own videos on the various social media outlets.

I believe the video mentioned by the chief and Guy were from the mall security cameras. The Simmons really enjoy their Gun Free Zones, releasing the video is against their belief.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom