• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Per Guy Relford on Facebook.

Stock Glock 19. FMJ (ball) ammo (Blazer brass)

The answer everyone was waiting for.
    That's hard to believe. The G19 is too big to conceal. I read on INGO that the Glock 19 is obsolescent because P365, despite that fact that it's been the most popular concealed carry option for decades. Also you need a red dot to hit anything at that distance, right? Also FMJ 9mm just tickles, gotta have HST or you might as well have spit wads. Blazer Brass? What happened, did the bad guy die from laughing too hard?

:)

The only thing better would have been if he had used a stock G27. Heads would exlode on AR15.com.

:):

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Anne Marie was sure trying to play gotcha with some of her questioning. Even making some presumptions about Eli's actions and thought process after the fact. It's likely a good thing Guy was doing the answering for Eli. Guy handled it very smoothly.

Reminds me of why I quit watching WTHR news some years ago. :(

Yes - It seemed like she was sure hoping Eli was done with guns forever. What an idiot.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some people are caught up in the Hollywood trope of the tortured aftermath of taking a human life as the only outcome. And sometimes people do react that way. I've certainly spoken with people in the immediate aftermath who had deeply conflicted feelings and who did not want the gun back once it was through processing. I've also spoken with the "he needed killing and I did it" sort. Interestingly, even people who've had more than one since event can react differently due to different circumstances, internal or external. It can be hard to understand someone else's reaction, especially if you haven't done it and felt the aftermath yourself, but I wouldn't judge anyone who hangs up their pistols afterward or anyone who starts carrying a backup to their backup.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Unless I accidentally shot a bystander, I think I'd sleep like a baby after shooting a wanna-be-mass-shooter.

I did. I went home and went to sleep. I didn't even tell my wife until the next day because I wanted to get some rest before dealing with her reaction.

That still doesn't mean the "what ifs" don't creep in later, especially if people were hurt or killed before the bad guy was dropped. Emphasizing again that there are multiple ways to handle it and multiple "right" reactions, I found my biggest after effects were simply boredom and inability to concentrate on mundane matters. I never felt bad about what I did, but while some people were hurt nobody was killed. In his spot, I don't think I'd regret my actions in the slightest but I know myself well enough to think I'd have to consciously shove myself past the notion I should have been faster and maybe fewer deaths would have occurred. I'm pretty self-aware in this arena, which is good, because I know where I could spiral and get ahead of it before it happens.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I did. I went home and went to sleep. I didn't even tell my wife until the next day because I wanted to get some rest before dealing with her reaction.

That still doesn't mean the "what ifs" don't creep in later, especially if people were hurt or killed before the bad guy was dropped. Emphasizing again that there are multiple ways to handle it and multiple "right" reactions, I found my biggest after effects were simply boredom and inability to concentrate on mundane matters. I never felt bad about what I did, but while some people were hurt nobody was killed. In his spot, I don't think I'd regret my actions in the slightest but I know myself well enough to think I'd have to consciously shove myself past the notion I should have been faster and maybe fewer deaths would have occurred. I'm pretty self-aware in this arena, which is good, because I know where I could spiral and get ahead of it before it happens.
    It is really sad to say but if one did it perfectly and took out the killer before he killed anybody, one would be in deep crap. In other words it is important that somebody got shot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is really sad to say but if one did it perfectly and took out the killer before he killed anybody, one would be in deep crap. In other words it is important that somebody got shot.
    Maybe in the confusion of who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. If everyone was confused I think that might be complicated to sort out. Video would tend to make it easier, but even that's not foolproof. But in this case I'm pretty sure that would have gotten sorted out eventually. The disgruntled dead kid is obviously not the dead hero. I don't think there would have been charges filed if he'd shot the bad guy before the bad guy could kill anyone.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Maybe in the confusion of who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. If everyone was confused I think that might be complicated to sort out. Video would tend to make it easier, but even that's not foolproof. But in this case I'm pretty sure that would have gotten sorted out eventually. The disgruntled dead kid is obviously not the dead hero. I don't think there would have been charges filed if he'd shot the bad guy before the bad guy could kill anyone.
    I disagree. I think he would have been charged with murder. The poor disgruntled kid didn't do anything worth getting killed for. Anyone that shot him would be fried.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I disagree. I think he would have been charged with murder. The poor disgruntled kid didn't do anything worth getting killed for. Anyone that shot him would be fried.

So you think every self defense shooting that happens in this state let the bad guy shoot someone first?

Reasonable person standard. Someone exits a bathroom all kitted up and raises a long gun toward people. I've seen a lot more shady self-defense/defense of others shootings not get filed than that.

I get what the media shoves in front of you, but take it from someone with an inside view: Nope.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Right - stop at that point - before anybody got shot.

If Joe citizen takes him out he is risking murder charges. Now if he is in a protected class like FBI, Police, etc that would be different.
    I think I'll take the insider's view on this topic. Lots of self-defense shootings happen with only one person being shot. If this was New York City you'd possibly be right, but I don't think that would happen here.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think I'll take the insider's view on this topic. Lots of self-defense shootings happen with only one person being shot. If this was New York City you'd possibly be right, but I don't think that would happen here.
    I am not lumping this scenario in with all self-defense shootings. That is crap.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Right - stop at that point - before anybody got shot.

If Joe citizen takes him out he is risking murder charges. Now if he is in a protected class like FBI, Police, etc that would be different.

How you imagine how it works is not how I see it working and police getting *less* scrutiny or more protection is laughably wrong since our "reasonable" standard also includes our training but Joe Citizen is allowed to make worse decisions because of lack of training (known or should have known is often an element, we're expected to know more than you due to training and experience), but I think you're more interested in how you imagine it works vs learning how it actually works, so this comment is more for other readers.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Maybe in districts with Soros prosecutors. Indiana? I suspect not.
    Hold my beer.

proxy-image

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes, those Soros prosecutors exist and would love to charge the Right-wing extremist, maniac, gun-carrying terrorist.
    The media would be trying him first as well and he would not come across as a hero.
    Please notice i am not correcting anybody.
    I am not saying "you're wrong" to anybody.
    I am not even trying to convince anybody.

I am just stating my opinion on one way to avoid getting a murder charge.
    A murder charge is a big deal - a very big deal.
    And it doesn't matter one bit if the charge is nonsense or not.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom