• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Naaaah. Let some prosecutor and judge push the issue.

The judicial and/or legislative remedies would then remove such in every municipality.

Pretty much this ^^ besides, I'm pretty sure no Greenwood LEO or Prosecutor will pursue you in a clear cut self defense action due to Indiana's recognition of the "Castle Doctrine".

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good point. We had to do a Speed and Time study in the Police Academy as part of our radar training. 10mph over the limit at a distance of 20 mile only saves you 2 minutes time. A ticket here in Allen county for 10 over the limit plus court cost, $185. Is 2 minutes of your time really worth $185? And if you do get caught and the stop goes smooth you'll end up being 10 minutes later than you planned. If you get an officer that wants to finger up your firearm, run a check on it, lecture you on his opinion of people carrying, run the numbers on your gun, ask you 100 questions and all that other crap, your probably going to be about 20 - 30 min late. If you get a jack@$$ officer that doesn't know his gun laws, you're probably going to get proned out and be about an hour late.

I've observed the same thing on the freeway. During most travel times, I've seen the same folks that blow by me at 90 sitting in the line of traffic behind one truck passing another truck and when they get past, they take off like the wind again. 3 miles down the road, there they are again behind another truck. If you just travel with the flow, you get to where you're going at pretty much the same time as when you run with fangs out and balls on fire. Much less stress too.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just as an FYI... I had a pretty entertaining chat @ the firearms desk of Deick's sporting goods last weekend with a uniformed G-Wood G-Man.

We were both commenting about the buffoon buying .22LR for his walther P22 in a fobus holster hanging off his hip with his LTCH BADGE right beside it wearing blue BDU style pants tucked into his boots and a flat black Tshirt also tucked in tight...

After we had a good chuckle we continued to talk about Mossy500's vs. Rem 870's and Full Rifle stock vs. basic pistol or pistol+folding stocks on said shotties.

I have yet to meet a Greenwood PD who wasn't amiable and reasonable.

Even the one who gave me a warning :rockwoot: ticket (41 in a 30 after forgetting about that 300 yard stretch of 30mph zone) one night was very polite and friendly. Honestly seemed concerned only for the safety of the people living around that crappy stretch of smith valley road between Madison and Emerson. **Just to clarify... by crappy I mean as you come east/northeast you come down a significant hill into a significant curve that passes through multiple residential area entries and then curves hard left and resumes 40mph.

That's pretty good to hear, regarding GPD. I've had no direct interaction, but only have observed the radar traps and have heard issues second hand.

My biggest beef is with the radar traps on County Line, as that road has an unusually low speed limit for the type of road and amount of traffic. Other roads of that configuration with higher traffic levels have a speed limit 10 mph higher and even County line goes from 35 to 40 when you go from 4 lanes to 2. I know GPD does not specify the speed limit, but they do seem to take advantage of the lowered limit quite often there. I'm all for enforcing safety, not revenue.

Still, it's good to hear positive feedback on the GPD folks.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Radar traps and greenwood.. Look at for the one just west of 31 and main st by the park. They are in bed with that spot.

Earlier this year, the State Police were set up on Smith Valley Rd., just prior to it turning to Emerson Av.

I've recently noticed GPD set up on Worthsville Rd. at the RR tracks, as well as the turnoff at 75E.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I've recently noticed GPD set up on Worthsville Rd. at the RR tracks.

WOW!! thats a baron area to see a city cop. right on the city limits too. (im assuming you mean just past the 84 lumber?)

im sure they catch a lot of speeders there though. although theres not much they (speeders) can hurt except themselves and fields. although I guess they have added some housing there in the last few years.

Theres almost always (or use to be) a GW cop set up running radar just past the dairy queen on 31 south bound past main street. theres a drive with brush cover that hides them real well.

Im not sure whos in charge of the speed limits on county line road, but 45 seems about as fast you can go anyways from all the dumb people that drive down it BUMPER TO BUMPER. IDIOTS!!
    The best thing that could happen to county line road from 31 down to emerson, would be to have them widen it 2 lanes.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    The speedway code is enforceable, it is older than the state law cut off..
    It looks like the greenwood one is not, but it does not matter because it is already illegal to carry a pistol with out a LTCH..

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Earlier this year, the State Police were set up on Smith Valley Rd., just prior to it turning to Emerson Av.

I've recently noticed GPD set up on Worthsville Rd. at the RR tracks, as well as the turnoff at 75E.

State Police and GPD are often set up around the East Main Street/Rocklane Rd area. Ask me how I know.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom