• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ok, now there's 8 of us, and we're aimed at breakfast on Feb 19th... That leaves us a week to decide where. The 10 day forecast is calling for a high of 40 deg, and a 30% chance of precip. The 4 of us locals, can take a total of 8 visitors to our members only range, if anyone is interested in shooting.... weather permitting. The shooting areas are covered.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    Just a thought. I was always told the fop had memberships for 15$ a year. This would be the civy fop as there is an leo fop. I work with an officer and he told me about it. My understanding is you can go anytime during the daylight hours, no range officer needed, as long as your clean, safe and police your own brass. Just a thought, might be worth looking into as we all have a whole week. This is all the info i have but will work on getting a contact number for all those interested. Also i work at 8:30am on the 19th, would probably only be able to do breakfast.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I used to be a trustee of the Grant Co. FOP range. Biggest problem is that it's only 100 yard range. If I'm shooting handguns at 20 yards, and you show up with a rifle, you have to wait, or I have to leave. I left them several years ago, due to safety-related issues.

Regarding the 19th, the time is up to the majority.....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Let me know how this one goes, and if anything future is discussed. I'm busy on the 19th or I'd stop out, I'd love to meet up sometime though.

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Let me know how this one goes, and if anything future is discussed. I'm busy on the 19th or I'd stop out, I'd love to meet up sometime though.

As I've said.... let me know when you're gonna be in the area, and we'll figure something out...... :patriot:

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Ok, seems like it's breakfast in Marion on Feb 19th. The 9th St. Cafe is a nice little place, easy to find, and good, reasonable food.... if that's ok with everyone.

Dagibson1507, what time would you need to eat to get to work on time?

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Deer Creek is the range. I was out there today, and the pistol range isn't accessible due to snow and drifting, and the rifle range is pretty slippery. Perhaps by the 19th, it'll be better.....

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Breakfast and range time sounds good. I will be there. I've always wanted to check out Deercreek. I am a member at Elwood Conservation Club.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I just picked up some blazer brass on sale at big r would have got more but they only had two boxes left. I am good for a shoot and will bring either my wife or a friend who hasn't joined yet. 9th street cafe sounds good there is a waitress there I need to catch up with.

Top Bottom