• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The grandfather did the right thing. He is right, he could have potentially been killed and his granddaughter was in harms way. Who knows what this punk may have done to her. It's unfortunate that someone died but at the same time I'm glad we all have the right to defend ourselves and others in situations like this.

old timer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    I was a rounder once but age has taken it's toll. Likely most 19 yr old's could stomp a mudhole in my arse now So I would do the same thing myself if my wife or daughter were so threatened, would hate to but he who hesitates is lost.. Even when I was younger I never to this day struck a woman or picked a fight. Life is much more violent now!!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "The grandfather told police he feared he could not defend himself against the bigger, younger attacker"

and THAT is why firearms MUST remain a part of our culture. All of the "we'd still kill each other with sharpened spoons" falls flat. The world of no guns is a world ruled by the young, the fit, the vicious, and the ones with time to dedicate to the art of violence.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    One less dirtbag in our city.:rockwoot:

+1. This guy deserved what he got. I mean what type of person beats a woman, then threatens an old man like that. One that deserves what happened to him. It is awesome to see the old man take care of business.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Sorry to hear someone[STRIKE] lost their[/STRIKE] Had to take a life but Grandpa did what he had to do. No charges currently filed.

STAND YOUR GROUND.

UPDATE: 79-year old Evansville man shoots, kills granddaughter's attacker » Evansville Courier & Press

FIFY

The only pity here should be for the guy forced into a bad situation. POS got what was coming to him :xmad:. The old codger likely saved the state a lot of future room and board fee's, at the least. Maybe if luck was there, the young lady learned how to pick her associates better as well.

+1 to the locals for not pressing charges, as it should be...yet doesn't always happen.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    FIFY

The only pity here should be for the guy forced into a bad situation. POS got what was coming to him :xmad:. The old codger likely saved the state a lot of future room and board fee's, at the least. Maybe if luck was there, the young lady learned how to pick her associates better as well.

+1 to the local PD for not pressing charges, as it should be...yet doesn't always happen.

As a point of clarity, the PD never presses charges. The prosecutor is the one who makes those decisions.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Sadly, there are those around us who, if they had their way, would rather the Girl and her Grandad had been defenseless (for the greater good).

Thank God the old man had the presence of mind to act........ and a Gun.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Although he was only 19, he was old enough to know better. If he was already beating a girl it is highly likely he would have beaten the grandfather too. He got what he deserved. Grandpa did what he had to do to protect himself.

Top Bottom