• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    13170-get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Putting your hands on an old man's granddaughter is an unwise decision.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Somebody should really compile articles like this and make sure that our elected representatives (State and Federal) see them regularly. Perhaps it would help offset the mass hysteria in the media?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We cannot buy into the emotional mindset of "only 19". The liberal politicians like to call anyone naive enough to vote for them juveniles. Do people 19 have the adult right of voting? Are they legal to live oin their own and make their own decisions? In the 70's that was plenty old enough to have your head shaved and issued a rifle and be called a man when you went to Vietnam. The attacking man is old enough to be fully responsible for his actions and the consequences. Sooner or later there has to be a line to define the standards. I am as tired of 45 year old punks that are coddled by the new age mindset as I am of the 18 year old men who openly choose to disregard the rules of a civilized society and do wrong. The age of privilege is also the age of responsiblity.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    He was old enough to beat a woman and pose a serious threat to her grandfather...

The "only 19" falls apart when you see what other "only 19" year old individuals are capable of, and have done in the past - more frequently than most likely realize.

Someone has to live in a sheltered fantasy world to make excuses for violent criminals while in the same breath faulting an individual for defending themselves or their family. In this case, it seems as if he was defending both - and the party at fault was the initial aggressor.

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    The only ones to feel sorry for in this story are the Grandfather who was FORCED into taking a life and anyone that had to witness this cowardly attack by a POS that had it coming. At 19 if you don't know right from wrong it's on you.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Most likely he went 79 years without ever taking anyone's life, and now he has to live with that for the rest of his years, and his granddaughter had to bear witness. He made the right decision. From the story, the attacker had plenty of chances.

The comments on the story are really out there. Saying he will go to prison, confusing a taser with a stun gun, thinking the grandfather could have been carrying the gun illegally concealed ( no LTCH required for your yard ), we need to ban guns so the kid and her grandpa could be dead instead of the 19 y/o man.

If someone were to be involved in something like this, they should go back into their house, lock up the gun, lock up the house, call their lawyer, then call the police to report it, and let them get a warrant for the house while you go to the police station. Standing outside with the gun in your hand, and with people outside, and the cops on their way is not a good idea. funny comments on that article lol. The guy did nothing wrong by going back inside and letting the police get a warrant for the gun and house.

Last edited:

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone who violently attacks someone. Furthermore I have a serious issue with the scum who think this old man did anything other than the right thing. Hell, he gave that boy more chances than I would have.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Clean kill all the way if those are the facts. He thought he was King #### because be got a stun gun and wanted to prove it, it sounds like. I will never understand people like him who basically pick fights all the time, because there is always someone badder--and in this case it was a 79yo man heh.

Top Bottom