• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I am pleased to report that Eagle Creek Pistrol Range, 5820 N. High School Road, Indianapolis, will reopen the weekend of June 11-12 under the managment of Tactical Firearms Training, LLC. TFT will operate the range under a service agreement with the City of Indianapolis, and public shooting at ECPR will be overseen by TFT range safety officers. In this regard, I am very excited that most of the existing staff has decided to work with TFT and continue their involvement at the range.

The hours that the range is available to the public will be expanding. The range will be available every weekend from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., both Saturday and Sunday (instead of 10:00 to 4:00 as it was previously).

TFT will also be conducting its training courses at Eagle Creek, as it has for several years now.

In order the say "welcome back" to its previous shooters (and hopefully attract some new ones), TFT is having a "Grand Reopening" event on Saturday, June 11. The range fee will be only $10 all day, instead of the normal $25 (Saturday only).

So please join us at Eagle Creek on June 11 and say hello! We'll also have some free beverages available - also as a way of saying "welcome back"!!

And thanks so much for your patience as the range worked though this change in management.

I hope to see many, many INGO members at Eagle Creek next Saturday and throughout the season. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM, or email grelford@tactical-firearms.com.

Thanks!

Guy

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Glad to see it's re-opening, was kind of hoping for super secret reveal of a new 100-200 yard RIFLE range had been constructed.... :D

Welcome back to the public business!

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Hi Guy,

Do you know if the old 10-visit passes will be honored or do we need to go about getting a refund from the city?

Thanks!

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    Glad to see it's re-opening, was kind of hoping for super secret reveal of a new 100-200 yard RIFLE range had been constructed.... :D

Welcome back to the public business!

You and me both!! Man I would love something like that around here!

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Will you be allowing center fire rifles? Or is it still just pistol caliber and rimfire?

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Atterbury has rifle range right? Its what 20-30 minutes south of Indy?

Depends on where in Indy you live. Atterbury is over an hour from me, and Eagle Creek is about 20 minutes.
    I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade. I remember there being a rumor that they were considering allowing centerfire this year, so I was just asking for details. Glad to see the range is back open.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Depends on where in Indy you live. Atterbury is over an hour from me, and Eagle Creek is about 20 minutes.
    I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade. I remember there being a rumor that they were considering allowing centerfire this year, so I was just asking for details. Glad to see the range is back open.
    Hey, it's my parade, and you didn't rain on it at all - I wish we could shoot rifles out there too. But my contract with the city limits us to the two 60-yard bays and pistol caliber/shotgun only.

Having said that, we're gonna make ECPR a LOT of fun for pistol and shotgun shooters. In fact, Fenway, Esrice and I had a great conversation today at the 1500 about some jointly sponsored events at ECPR just for INGO members.

More news to follow!

Guy

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Glad to hear this, Guy. I hope this deal works out for you and the place stays open for us to shoot for years. I'll try to come June 11th and will look forward to meeting you should you be there!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Awesome news! I used to shoot there fairly often. Right when I reached the point of buying a 10 visit pass, they started reducing their hours to the point I couldn't use it and I've never been back. I don't expect my pass to be honored or refunded because that was at least 2 years ago. I'm just glad its open again!

Question: You stated the rate at $25 per day. How much extra, if any, for an extra person in your lane?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Question: You stated the rate at $25 per day. How much extra, if any, for an extra person in your lane?

It is $25 per shooter (as opposed to per lane), since that amount is good for all day. We may have to look at a discount for shared lanes, however.

One thing I know we are going to add: we are going to offer the choice of one hour of shooting for $15. I'm sure a lot of folks just want to show up, shoot a couple boxes of ammo, then go on about their day. It doesn't seem fair to charge them the entire $25. James (who has been an RO out there for a while) suggested that option and I think it's a great deal.

Even better: shoot all day for $10 at our "Grand Reopening" on June 11!

Guy

schmeed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    This would actually be good news if the following were to happen:

1. The range would be open on Friday afternoons.
    2. The cost was lower.

Friday afternoons would be a HUGE day. Personally, I know a lot of people that would come out Friday afternoon/evening to shoot. Why in the world is this range not open on Friday (or other weekdays)???

$25 to shoot is just way too high. Atterbury is much less expensive and offers 100 yard ranges with centerfire rifle.

Sorry Eagle Creek, you won't get my business until these two things are corrected. I live on the north side, and ECPR is closer, but those 2 limiting factors continue sending me to Atterbury.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    One thing I know we are going to add: we are going to offer the choice of one hour of shooting for $15. I'm sure a lot of folks just want to show up, shoot a couple boxes of ammo, then go on about their day. It doesn't seem fair to charge them the entire $25. James (who has been an RO out there for a while) suggested that option and I think it's a great deal.Guy

I hope you guys make this a standard "feature" of ECPR .

ECPR is a bit further for me to drive than don's but I'd much rather give you guys my money than him .

I don't shoot all day so a 1 hour option would be great .

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This would actually be good news if the following were to happen:

1. The range would be open on Friday afternoons.
    2. The cost was lower.

Friday afternoons would be a HUGE day. Personally, I know a lot of people that would come out Friday afternoon/evening to shoot. Why in the world is this range not open on Friday (or other weekdays)???

$25 to shoot is just way too high. Atterbury is much less expensive and offers 100 yard ranges with centerfire rifle.

Sorry Eagle Creek, you won't get my business until these two things are corrected. I live on the north side, and ECPR is closer, but those 2 limiting factors continue sending me to Atterbury.

Same here. Even $15 for 1 hour is a bit much. I've never been to Eagle Creek to shoot, and I live on the westside. Cost and hours have been prohibitive for me. I can do the same at MCF&G as a member and its only $100 for a year. If I shoot my rifles I just head to Atterbury.

Indy really needs somewhere to shoot centerfire rifle with something of a practical course (at least steel plates).

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Folks - I should have mentioned our other pricing options:

$120 for a season pass (unlimited visits)
    $75 for a ten-visit pass

Also - there is no expiration on the ten-visit pass, so you don't have to use all ten visits in one season.

The reason the range isn't available on weekdays is because it is used as the firearms training facility for the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. Years ago, the range was open to the public on Friday afternoons and evenings, but the volume of police training at the range has increased since then, so IMPD requires access to the range for all five days of the work week.

Hope this helps.

Guy

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    The range we go to pretty often is $10 a day for public and $8 a day for LE and Military. Options of 10 pistol bays, several bays out to 100 yards, 200 yard range, and some tacticle bays with steel. Also have some handgun training bays with cover to move from. It's AZ though....everyone has a gun.

Top Bottom