• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    'I voted for the guy twice' is to the discussion of politics what 'I have black friends' is to the discussion of race
    Both serve as counterexamples when accused of racism, or never-trumperism.

If someone accuses me of hating black people, it’s a reasonable counterpoint that I must not hate them all that much if I have black friends.

If someone tells me I must be a neverTrumper, it’s reasonable to point out if I have voted for him in the past, and would vote for him again if there is no one better in the field of candidates.

In both cases it serves to bring attention to the fact that the accuser does not know what he or she is talking about.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You certainly align with an organization that is not good for children, who just recently changed years of norms in treating children.

“Our nation’s largest association of pediatricians, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), recently released new guidelines for the evaluation and management of children and adolescents who identify as transgender. Previous guidelines have recognized that best practice depends on the age of the child. The great majority of five-year-old boys who say that they are girls will not persist in that conviction; ten years later, most of those boys will say that they are boys. They may be gay, they may be straight, but they are now sure that they are boys. They no longer want to be girls.”

“Five-year-olds are not mature adults. They are young children. As they grow up, they change in profound ways, particularly after the onset of puberty.”

“Expert pediatricians used to understand that. They no longer do, at least not with regard to transgender identification. The new guidelines from the AAP explicitly eliminate any role for age in evaluation of the child. According to the new guidelines, any child who wants to transition to the other sex should be “affirmed.” Regardless of age. If a five-year-old boy tells you that he is a girl, your job is to buy him a dress and change his name to Emily. Any other response is outdated and transphobic. The authors specifically reject any “watchful waiting” for prepubescent children.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    You certainly align with an organization that is not good for children, who just recently changed years of norms in treating children.

It's almost like actual doctors practicing actual medicine update their methods based on new information. That's how science works. I'll take their advice over Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones and any other political hack trying to keep voters scared voting for them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's almost like actual doctors practicing actual medicine update their methods based on new information. That's how science works. I'll take their advice over Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones and any other political hack trying to keep voters scared voting for them.
    Only for those that do not understand that the AAP os as politidal as anyone you named, they are not science. They just redefined mental illness in children and green lighted irreversible treatments with drugs and surgery that would have been unthinkable five years ago but here you are like a dutiful soldier to the leftists, pushing their destruction on others…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Funny how this recent explosion of "trans" kids only started happening with the increased exposure to social media. Even 10 years ago, it was nearly unheard of. Now, it's "cool" to be trans (whether one is or not). That isn't healthy. That old adage, "So, if your friends all jumped off a bridge, I suppose you would too?" applies, just as it did in the past.

And that's not "how science works". Science says if you have an X and Y chromosome, you're a male. If you have two X chromosomes, you're a female. That holds true today just as it has since chromosomes were discovered.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Funny how this recent explosion of "trans" kids only started happening with the increased exposure to social media. Even 10 years ago, it was nearly unheard of. Now, it's "cool" to be trans (whether one is or not). That isn't healthy. That old adage, "So, if your friends all jumped off a bridge, I suppose you would too?" applies, just as it did in the past.

And that's not "how science works". Science says if you have an X and Y chromosome, you're a male. If you have two X chromosomes, you're a female. That holds true today just as it has since chromosomes were discovered.
    I think there are people that are mis-diagnosed, but let's be perfectly clear, that's not what I think you are saying. I think you are just denying their existence period, and I think that attitude is harming children. One reason there are a lot more for example, is because, for the time being, society has slipped out from under the boot of superstitious thugs. It sounds to me like saying "how come there weren't interracial marriages before the late 1960's?" The answer is the same: because it wasn't allowed....

As for part 2, as far as I understand, that is incorrect. If you really want to learn, here is a good article on the subject. I suspect however that for whatever reason, whatever is driving your apparent irrational hate will win, and you won't read it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think there are people that are mis-diagnosed, but let's be perfectly clear, that's not what I think you are saying. I think you are just denying their existence period, and I think that attitude is harming children. One reason there are a lot more for example, is because, for the time being, society has slipped out from under the boot of superstitious thugs. It sounds to me like saying "how come there weren't interracial marriages before the late 1960's?" The answer is the same: because it wasn't allowed....

As for part 2, as far as I understand, that is incorrect. If you really want to learn, here is a good article on the subject. I suspect however that for whatever reason, whatever is driving your apparent irrational hate will win, and you won't read it.

I have no hatred towards individuals that have been misled by their peers or their parents. I have disgust for those that are misleading them.

And from your article, this is perhaps the most true statement (emphasis mine):
    "The fact is, behavior and environment—like cultural gender norms and expectations—influence sex-related hormones, and the biology of the body and brain itself."

That is the influence of social media that I was talking about. They're being bombarded, not just online, but by their activist teachers and parents. It's not healthy. Once they are at least 18, or even better, 25, when brain development is complete, then they can make these decisions on their own if they still want to. At 5 years old, or even barely pubescent, they simply don't have the wherewithal to make those decisions.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I have no hatred towards individuals that have been misled by their peers or their parents. I have disgust for those that are misleading them.

And from your article, this is perhaps the most true statement (emphasis mine):
    "The fact is, behavior and environment—like cultural gender norms and expectations—influence sex-related hormones, and the biology of the body and brain itself."

That is the influence of social media that I was talking about. They're being bombarded, not just online, but by their activist teachers and parents. It's not healthy. Once they are at least 18, or even better, 25, when brain development is complete, then they can make these decisions on their own if they still want to. At 5 years old, or even barely pubescent, they simply don't have the wherewithal to make those decisions.
    I have disgust for those trying (and succeeding) in preventing them from getting the medical care they need. It is cruel and disgusting. Worse than hate.

Top Bottom