• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Naw. There won't be a clamor for outright bans initially. They'll regulate and license first, so they can make a few bucks and set up things to turn people into felons for the prison systems benefit. Only when they see that the regs and licenses won't work will they ban certain machines.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    An ecstasy printing machine?

Hank was on this years ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5TPclRhQ6s[/ame]

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    Naw. There won't be a clamor for outright bans initially. They'll regulate and license first, so they can make a few bucks and set up things to turn people into felons for the prison systems benefit. Only when they see that the regs and licenses won't work will they ban certain machines.

Good point. I just jumped to the end goal of the gun grabbers without thinking through the subtleties they use in their continued attacks on our rights.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't know if I would label it 1.0, but the Star Trek comparison holds a kernel of truth. The constraint will still be resources - what you feed into the machine. Resources, always resources. Humans will plod on. The first 3D printed lower was crap because the input was crap. Don't count on that being the case if human ingenuity remains an input.

Kirk, this is, roughly, your third to fifth post about 3D printing. I like it as well. Legal challenges will certainly be an obstacle. The real McCoy. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but the Star Trek comparison holds a kernel of truth

That was Professor Kaku's analogy. I think it is valid.

Kirk, this is, roughly, your third to fifth post about 3D printing. I like it as well.

I had no idea 3-D printing existed until I read Kaku's Physics of the Future a couple of years ago and was knocked around the bend. I realized its potential for abolishing gun control then. I am delighted that it is coming to fruition.

Great book, [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Future-Science-Shape-Destiny/dp/0307473333]Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100: Michio Kaku: 9780307473332: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That was Professor Kaku's analogy. I think it is valid.

I had no idea 3-D printing existed until I read Kaku's Physics of the Future a couple of years ago and was knocked around the bend. I realized its potential for abolishing gun control then. I am delighted that it is coming to fruition.

Great book, Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100: Michio Kaku: 9780307473332: Amazon.com: Books

Congratulations on leaving out the biggest obstacle. :)

Oh my, Kaku? :)

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    I don't know if I would label it 1.0, but the Star Trek comparison holds a kernel of truth. The constraint will still be resources - what you feed into the machine. Resources, always resources. Humans will plod on. The first 3D printed lower was crap because the input was crap. Don't count on that being the case if human ingenuity remains an input.

Kirk, this is, roughly, your third to fifth post about 3D printing. I like it as well. Legal challenges will certainly be an obstacle. The real McCoy. :)

the first lower was crap because it was abs right? how about titanium? i doubt i'll have a titanium printer anytime soon.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zApmGFDA6ow"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zApmGFDA6ow[/ame]

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I don't know if this is old news for you guys, but the first version of the printable lower cracked after a half dozen rounds of 5.7x28. The new, reinforced version, handled several hundred rounds of (I think) .223.

I find the printable 30 round magazine to be the most interesting part of this project, though there are sound modifiers listed.

The files can be downloaded from » DEFCAD MEGA PACK DEFCAD
    Look for the text that says: Direct download
    The fancy buttons are not what you want.

Top Bottom