• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyingbrian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Plainfield
    I was given 3 Explorers today that just came off a long term lease. I'm told they were out to the FBI. Units are decked out with more strobes and lights and sirens Than you can imagine. They also have Lund lockable storage units in the rear. We were instructed to remove the equipment so the units can be sold. When asking what I should do with the equipment I was told to throw it away the lessee (The FBI) didn't want it back. I looked up the Lund storage box online it retails for 1950.00 What a waste. :(

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was given 3 Explorers today that just came off a long term lease. I'm told they were out to the FBI. Units are decked out with more strobes and lights and sirens Than you can imagine. They also have Lund lockable storage units in the rear. We were instructed to remove the equipment so the units can be sold. When asking what I should do with the equipment I was told to throw it away the lessee (The FBI) didn't want it back. I looked up the Lund storage box online it retails for 1950.00 What a waste. :(

Did you get to fish the cases out of the dumpster???

Flyingbrian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Plainfield
    One of the boxes was unlocked. That was until by tech decided to turn the knob and lock it. Unfortunately the anti corruption rules at my company will not allow me to sell them or dumpster dive.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I'm going out on a limb that it's less paperwork to throw it away than have it re-installed. At least the total cost was spread amongst 300 million people. (purple implied)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    private waste sucks too. My uncle worked at Intel in Phoenix and they had a huge outdoor meeting. They built something like a 10,000 sqft deck out of fresh lumber. When it was done they literally ripped it out all out and trashed it. Not disassembled, destroyed.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    12 years ago I asked my boss what he was doing with the office furniture for 80 employees,

We where all going to work at home except for 20 employees moving to a smaller office, He said I could have them if I could haul it out. I told a local government agency about it and they used it to upgrade the office furniture at the courthouse. They jumped at at the idea and I saved the company money to move them out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder if the FBI started a program like the military's DRMO what the public response would be, and what the cost would be vs the savings.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have seen the garage where the FBI installs all that stuff into brand new vehicles. It was awesome in it's cleanliness and organization. Senior tech was a laid back guy, decked out in crocs, shorts and mechanics shirt. Looked like a cool gig.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Flyingbrian:

Your company is missing out on a missed opportunity for essentially free money.

That stuff needs re-sold. Officially...by your company. That stuff would all sell.

But, then, of course, there'd have to be someone in charge of tracking and selling and money... Heck; I'll take a Lund Box! VUPD - pick one up for me, will ya? :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom