• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    hooray for free market enviromental controls! Wouldn't everybody prefer the good folks at Dupont decide how much chromium we drink and not some silly .gov science man? Aren't we lucky to live in the USA where big companies put people over profits?

chromium_%20tannery%20pollution_India2.JPG

This is a really stupid post. I'm not surprised that you don't know any better, I just wish that you did.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    What's so stupid about it.

Do you really believe that the U.S. would be a cleaner place if govt environmental regs didn't exist?

Nice straw man there. You sure beat the stuffing out of HIM. Precisely who in this thread said anything about NO gov. environmental regs? What exactly is being accomplished by these regs? Besides stifling economic growth, and decreasing the availability of jobs I mean. Notice how China doesn't bother with such nonsense for the most part? Perhaps they know something we don't. Or, perhaps our regs do NOTHING to "preserve the environment" in light of the fact that China will eventually overtake our economic output (if they haven't done so already) and any small gains made by us in "clean living" will be completely undone. I know that leftists are all about imagery, and have ZERO substance behind their pathetic mental diarrhea that can only laughingly be called "ideas", but please, try harder next time. You simply embarrass yourself, and waste my time.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Nice straw man there. You sure beat the stuffing out of HIM. Precisely who in this thread said anything about NO gov. environmental regs? What exactly is being accomplished by these regs? Besides stifling economic growth, and decreasing the availability of jobs I mean. Notice how China doesn't bother with such nonsense for the most part? Perhaps they know something we don't. Or, perhaps our regs do NOTHING to "preserve the environment" in light of the fact that China will eventually overtake our economic output (if they haven't done so already) and any small gains made by us in "clean living" will be completely undone. I know that leftists are all about imagery, and have ZERO substance behind their pathetic mental diarrhea that can only laughingly be called "ideas", but please, try harder next time. You simply embarrass yourself, and waste my time.

That's really cool. You compliment me on my straw man, then you show me a bigger one that you made yourself.

How does this work? Am I supposed to try to build an even bigger one?

216233-pollution-in-china.jpg
    You're right, those Chinese really have something good..........and sustainable going on.

And, for your information, I have not yet begun to embarrass myself.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    List of Superfund sites in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Superfund Sites Where You Live | Superfund | US EPA
    Over half of all current super fund sites(1322 active)where created hazards after 1970.1970 just happens to be the year the EPA was created.I would say they are doing a terrible job,but that would be an understatement.At least they are cleaning up a few sites after the fact.375 superfund sites have been cleaned so far 1322 left to go(plus the 50 or so new sites created under the nose of the EPA each year).

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Here is what happens on January 1, 2015:

1. Top Medicare tax went from 1.45% to 2.34%
    2. Top Income Tax brackets jumped from 35% to 39.6%
    3. Top income payroll tax went from 37.4% to 52.2%
    4. Capital Gains tax jumped from 15% to 28% (home sale)
    5. Dividend Tax rate jumped from 15% to 39.6%
    6. Federal Estate Tax jumped from 0% to 55%

Not one single Republican voted for any of those increases. These increases are all from the
    Affordable Care Act the Democrats shoved down our throats without even reading it.
    In their defense, they had to "enact it in order to see what was in it"

Top Bottom