• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    A few thousand of them. All the people who committed the murders were killed, and most were from Saudi. Did that justify invading Iraq and losing a few thousand more, at a cost of trillions?

All of the murderers were also male, and middle-eastern. Does that justify molesting toddlers and old white people at the airport?

Does the fact that a loony shoots up a school justify giving up our firearms?

How many liberties are you willing to give up every time some insane person commits a murder?

point 1 - No, it did not justify ending Saddam Hussein's exestencial threat to the United States, that was unique and self sustaining.

point 2 - Everyone was groped and molested at the airport 20+ years before 9/11. X-rays and metal detectors are nothing new. For some reason when we gave therm a sweater vest and a $2 an hour raise it became an issue.

point 3- no silly

point 4 - none, and I don't believe anybody was denied liberty in Mass.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    point 2 - Everyone was groped and molested at the airport 20+ years before 9/11. X-rays and metal detectors are nothing new....

I remember being 13 in 1983 traveling by myself on an airplane from here to Florida and back. My carry on baggage included a bow, several razor tip arrows, a 'ninja' sword, and an assortment of knives. Nobody said squat.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Door to door searches? I made a comment to my wife last night as all this was going down. My first reaction was anger. My wife didn't understand why it upset me, but one amateur bomber does not give them the right to enter my home. I am sorry for the injuries and loss of life, but why does that mean my rights are suddenly tossed aside. I don't think so.

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    I was quite stunned by the MASSIVE mobilization of forces so quickly plus how the populace was so fully controlled by this.

One bad guy shut down a large city for an entire day and the people cowered inside their houses, based solely on the govt. saying they should.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Door to door searches? I made a comment to my wife last night as all this was going down. My first reaction was anger. My wife didn't understand why it upset me, but one amateur bomber does not give them the right to enter my home. I am sorry for the injuries and loss of life, but why does that mean my rights are suddenly tossed aside. I don't think so.

Well said. IMO this was one of the worst overreactions I've seen in a long time.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Then by all means say "no" when they're at your door.

Just because they ask to search something or somewhere doesn't mean you have to let them.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN

This is the problem, people like you overreact and think they're going door to door and kicking doors in and searching or forcing their way in. You simply say, "no thanks, everything is under control here." and then they leave.

These were consensual searches, nobody has any proof otherwise.

Good grief!:rolleyes:

You may need to listen to your wife a little more often.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    still waiting for someone to explain what the "propper" response was,

and assumptions that there were any types of types of 4th ammendment violations are simply that, assumptions.

Thankfully, nobody waited on INGO for how to respond to the incident, if we did, we would still be debating on how to dress and if they should be allowed to wear body armor

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    still waiting for someone to explain what the "propper" response was,

and assumptions that there were any types of types of 4th ammendment violations are simply that, assumptions.

Thankfully, nobody waited on INGO for how to respond to the incident, if we did, we would still be debating on how to dress and if they should be allowed to wear body armor

You respond with SWAT, that's their job, two kids made pipe bombs. You don't mobilize a national guard and ATF army, complete with dozens of armored humvees.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I watched an interview with the watertown police this morning. He was asked what kind of gun the guy had. He said he had no idea, that the fbi was under control of the scene right now. Makes me wonder if they will release a statement that he had an ak47 later

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I watched an interview with the watertown police this morning. He was asked what kind of gun the guy had. He said he had no idea, that the fbi was under control of the scene right now. Makes me wonder if they will release a statement that he had an ak47 later

I had heard a report they took the murdered cops long gun and pistol. Don't know if its a good report or not.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When police act like the military and look like the military then they are military. Just because their patches are different doesn't mean their tactics aren't unconstitutional. Paramilitary police is not within their constitutional duties and we need to elect law makers to effect a mandatory change on them immediately and rope them back in.

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    You respond with SWAT, that's their job, two kids made pipe bombs. You don't mobilize a national guard and ATF army, complete with dozens of armored humvees.

Is that seriously what this is to you? Two kids made pipe bombs? Really?

I have no problem with the government response. This was a terrorist attack on an international sporting event on American soil. I find it ironic that the same people calling for heads to roll because of an insufficient response to a terrorist attack in Benghazi are now complaining about too much of a response to a terrorist attack within our very borders.

A couple of kids with pipe bombs, indeed. :rolleyes:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is that seriously what this is to you? Two kids made pipe bombs? Really?

I have no problem with the government response. This was a terrorist attack on an international sporting event on American soil. I find it ironic that the same people calling for heads to roll because of an insufficient response to a terrorist attack in Benghazi are now complaining about too much of a response to a terrorist attack within our very borders.

A couple of kids with pipe bombs, indeed. :rolleyes:

Are you serious or generating argument for the fun of it?

The problem with Benghazi is that our people were under attack for hours and not only was assistance not given, those who could have given assistance in time to save those lives were forbidden to do so. The problem is Boston is that the rights of the people were trampled on WHICH DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING contributing to the apprehension of the fugitive. The two have absolutely nothing to do with each other either in theory or practice.

Top Bottom