• ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Andy needs to take his bullets away!

That had me laughing for about 10 minutes straight. You owe me a new keyboard.

I've met a lot of really accurate shooters that still weren't up to snuff in terms of safety. For a desk jockey at a political job like Chief, I'm surprised he hasn't shot himself or others more often. I've had the pleasure of meeting a few Chiefs in my time and despite their "time on the job" and putting in the time in the trenches, alot of them weren't very, well... intelligent, not with guns, just in general. Kind of like the mouth breather in the office, just... not all there, kinda dim. The one I met in Toledo, OH as a younger dude was okay...

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Reading the article, the accident is understandable. We see it all the time with students on the line. They'll show up for class wearing baggy shirts or sweatshirts that have to be tucked in. Often, in the course of a class, the shirts become untucked and can get in the way of reholstering a weapon. If the good officer neglected to clear his jacket adequately before reholstering, it's quite plausible that some fabric got snagged on the trigger, negating the trigger safety and causing the gun to fire. Totally preventable, but it's something we all have to keep in mind when reholstering.

I've often seen a picture of a bloody duty Glock that an officer was reholstering. Seems that the drawstring gizmo -- you know, the ones that are spring-loaded at the bottom of some jackets -- was trapped in the trigger guard as he was replacing his pistol. As in this story, he felt some resistance and, instead of stopping to see what was causing the resistance, just pushed a little bit harder ... Oops.

Gotta be embarrassing for him. Thankfully, he only hurt himself and seems to have a good sense of humor about the accident.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The Mayor has determined it was caused by the gun's faulty design:

“It was just a little accident. Dave is an excellent marksman,” Urban said Monday. “Apparently the Glocks don’t have the trigger safety that they should have.”

Well of course he is, both times he has shot at himself he has gotten hits!!!! :draw:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So the mayor says it's a Glock problem since they don't have safeties like they should have. It's a coonfinger problem not a Glock problem. :facepalm:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It could have happened any time he was putting it away. Good example to look and not just blindly holster if you can spare the half second it takes for visual confirmation. Glad he's OK.

can we get a thread going where electricians get electrocuted or industrial workers hurt themselves? That could be funny too...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DmmkhUn.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    meh, i never liked the in your face approach. I guess I shouldn't have carried to the 1500. Must be an idiot.

Nothing wrong with carrying, just leave it in your holster. Why people think guns stores are show-and-tell time for their carry weapon is a mystery.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Reading the article, the accident is understandable. We see it all the time with students on the line.

Yes, but if he had read INGO and INGO's famed Safety Nanny, he would have know to cut the ^%$#@* dingleberries off his jacket!

1. Don't play Show & Tell. It's a snake, not a kitten. Leave it in the holster. Don't touch it.

2. Cut the stupid dingleberries off your jackets. Guys run out and pay hundreds of dollars for frickin' tacticool knives and do nothing but carry them around and pose with them. Use the knife (for once)--cut those stupid strings off your jackets.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yes, but if he had read INGO and INGO's famed Safety Nanny, he would have know to cut the ^%$#@* dingleberries off his jacket!

1. Don't play Show & Tell. It's a snake, not a kitten. Leave it in the holster. Don't touch it.

2. Cut the stupid dingleberries off your jackets. Guys run out and pay hundreds of dollars for frickin' tacticool knives and do nothing but carry them around and pose with them. Use the knife (for once)--cut those stupid strings off your jackets.

Has it been confirmed it was jacket strings that caused his problem?

Or do you just dislike jacket strings? :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom