• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elkrock777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Congrats, I know you'll like it i picked mine up in march of this year they are lots of fun. I have the serbu super shorty. Kicks real good with 00 buck :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What's the difference? Pistol grip?

The difference is that the SSS and KEG, in AOW configurations, came from the factory either as virgin receivers or as built firearms that have NEVER had a shoulder stock on them. A "shotgun" is defined legally using the phrase (paraquote) as a "firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder" and once it's had a shoulder stock once in it's "life", it is forever after considered to have been made from a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder, and therefore, a SBS, subject to IN law forbidding it and subject to NFA as necessitating a $200 tax stamp, rather than the $5.00 stamp required to transfer an AOW.

The short version of the answer is, "arbitrary BS to further control and regulate people and their firearm choices."

One of these days, I'll be buying one. I have a few other more pressing purchases that have to come first, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    That is neat. I've looked at them and thought this would be a great backpacking/wilderness camping gun! :rockwoot:

Make sure you use that dangly grip, your fingers are important! :D

Jess

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    The difference is that the SSS and KEG, in AOW configurations, came from the factory either as virgin receivers or as built firearms that have NEVER had a shoulder stock on them. A "shotgun" is defined legally using the phrase (paraquote) as a "firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder" and once it's had a shoulder stock once in it's "life", it is forever after considered to have been made from a firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder, and therefore, a SBS, subject to IN law forbidding it and subject to NFA as necessitating a $200 tax stamp, rather than the $5.00 stamp required to transfer an AOW.

The short version of the answer is, "arbitrary BS to further control and regulate people and their firearm choices."

One of these days, I'll be buying one. I have a few other more pressing purchases that have to come first, though.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for clearing that up. It really makes just as little sense as it sounds like.

I suppose at this point you're already certain that the state and federal governments subscribe to the same definition of SBS.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So, forgive the total n00b question here, but...

The website says:
    "All NFA rules apply (National Firearms Act 1934)", but yet it is classified as an AOW.

Is that because AOW rules fall UNDER the NFA? or am I missing something here?
    (which is certainly a possibility :D)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You guys are ON it! Thanks!

I love learning more and more about firearms, can't believe I have only been carrying a year!

I was actually looking at the KEG-12 as a future(i.e when I can afford it, lol) home defense weapon. I was thinking it's size, and configuration, make it perfect for that.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I was thinking it's size, and configuration, make it perfect for that.

You need to shoot one first-- I think you'll change your mind. (about the home defense idea-- you'll still LOVE shooting it!)

The lack of a stock makes it less controllable, and the short barrel makes it a bit tough to hit accurately.

The Serbus/KEG12s are good for 2 things:

• Breaching
    • Making people smile
    Unless you're bigcraig, in which case you can be surgical with one. :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You need to shoot one first-- I think you'll change your mind. (about the home defense idea-- you'll still LOVE shooting it!)

The lack of a stock makes it less controllable, and the short barrel makes it a bit tough to hit accurately.

The Serbus/KEG12s are good for 2 things:

• Breaching
    • Making people smile
    Unless you're bigcraig, in which case you can be surgical with one. :D

Gotcha. My reasoning was that in close quarters with a shotgun, it would be point and shoot anyway, but your logic makes sense.

Thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom