Got ticketed for fishing w/o a license.... except I wasn't fishing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What should I do?

• Total voters

foamkiller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Most laws read taking or attempting to take............you were on the water with a pole in your hand according to the law you were attempting to take.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Most laws read taking or attempting to take............you were on the water with a pole in your hand according to the law you were attempting to take.

:bs:

If you don't have the line in the water you aren't "attempting to take" anything.

Just like if I'm standing in my private woods with a deer rifle outside of deer season but not pointing it at any deer then I'm not "attempting to take" a deer.

Please tell me where "according to the law" that is written.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    and the IC defining that is where?

Like the above poster that is BS. How can you possibly "attempt to take a fish" when your line isn't in the water. The aren't just going to jump out of the water and snag on the hook that hooked on the fishing pole are they? I'm interested in hearing this explanation, it should be good.

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The aren't just going to jump out of the water and snag on the hook that hooked on the fishing pole are they? I'm interested in hearing this explanation, it should be good.

not that it matters but i have actually seen that happen. we were deep see fishing waiting for the next stop and my father in law had his hook dangling probably 4 inches from the water. caught him a fish. i too would be skeptical but i saw it with my own eyes

Last edited:

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    No way would I pay the state $135 if I was doing nothing wrong. I would fight it tooth and nail.

This is the problem with so many law enforcement officers (Not all) they just wont listen. Once they determine you are guilty you are done.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    not that it matters but i have actually seen that happen. we were deep see fishing waiting for the next stop and my father in law had his hook dangling probably 4 inches from the water. caught him a fish. i too would be skeptical but i saw it with my own eyes
    Not to nit-pick, but you missed the part about the hook being hooked on the fishing rod. The hook wasn't dangling above the water, it was hooked on the rod. THere was no way a fish could jump out of the water and snag on the hook.

Top Bottom