• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I got the new iPad today. So far, I'm loving this thing.

Just have to find a good case for it now.

What took so long? Mine was delivered on the 16th. :D

No good aftermarket cases yet. There is just a small enough dimension difference that most of the iPad 2 cases won't work (besides silicone).

I'm just using this one until some good ones come out. Works great for its intended purpose.

For only $3.24 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Premium Silicone Case for iPad® 2 and iPad 3 - Black | Silicone Skins for iPad 2

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What took so long? Mine was delivered on the 16th. :D

No good aftermarket cases yet. There is just a small enough dimension difference that most of the iPad 2 cases won't work (besides silicone).

I'm just using this one until some good ones come out. Works great for its intended purpose.

For only $3.24 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Premium Silicone Case for iPad® 2 and iPad 3 - Black | Silicone Skins for iPad 2

I didn't order mine. I walked into the Apple Store and bought it :D

Ive been looking at the Otterbox and Griffin cases...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I bought this case for my iPad2 CaseCrown Royal Standby Horizontal Portfolio Case & Stand for iPad 2 (Choice of 3 Colors) and I am now using it on my iPad3. It fits great. It also has the capability of turning the iPad screen on and off when the case is closed like the Smart Cover. I like it because it covers the iPad front and back. $5 and free shipping. Hard to beat. I got the red one.

I also walked into the Apple store to get my iPad. I bought it this past Saturday.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm thinking about getting one too. I played with an iPad 1, that belonged to work, a little over a year ago and thought it was pretty neat. I had it for about a month but never really used it as much as if were mine because I knew it had to go back.

I have a $75 Best Buy gift card burning a hole in my wallet which would about pay for sales tax and a nice case.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area

Got my two delivered the 16th!

I have the Griffin Intellicase on mine $30 @ Walmart

My wife has the Speck FitFolio on hers. Also $30 at Walmart (I saw it in Red and Black...she has red).

I hardly use mine. It is a neat toy, but I really on find it useful in the cockpit. ForeFlight is a great APP and have cleared the cockpit of nearly ALL of paper. It is a wonderful APP....aside from that though...it is mainly a toy for the kids to play videogames on (or me while I'm bored).

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I just got a new iPad case today. Its a dual zipper case.

The lower zipper opens up to a padded iPad case.

The upper zipper opens up to hold 20 Monticristo Churchill cigars and a humidifier tube.

And yes, it came pre-packed with the Monticristos :rockwoot:

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought this case for my iPad2 CaseCrown Royal Standby Horizontal Portfolio Case & Stand for iPad 2 (Choice of 3 Colors) and I am now using it on my iPad3. It fits great. It also has the capability of turning the iPad screen on and off when the case is closed like the Smart Cover. I like it because it covers the iPad front and back. $5 and free shipping. Hard to beat. I got the red one.

I also walked into the Apple store to get my iPad. I bought it this past Saturday.

Same case I got. Love it.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Got my two delivered the 16th!

I have the Griffin Intellicase on mine $30 @ Walmart

My wife has the Speck FitFolio on hers. Also $30 at Walmart (I saw it in Red and Black...she has red).

I hardly use mine. It is a neat toy, but I really on find it useful in the cockpit. ForeFlight is a great APP and have cleared the cockpit of nearly ALL of paper. It is a wonderful APP....aside from that though...it is mainly a toy for the kids to play videogames on (or me while I'm bored).

I find it interesting that Speck's website says that the FitFolio does not fit the "new ipad", however, there is one on my wife's as we speak. It didn't snap right in, but it didn't take any effort at all to get it to snap on the thing, and it fits great. I'll post pics later on today. The Griffin case snapped right on to mine....I like having a hard shell on the back.

I had looked at the Case Crown case while perusing at Office Max, but didn't like that the edge stuck up on it around the iPad. Just personal preference, the Griffin and Speck cases have hard backs, and I think that that is what I prefer.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    so other than the screen, what is different on the 3?

Really it was only a minor upgrade. The screen resolution doubled, chipset went from A5 to A5X (both dual core, the A5X is coupled with a better GPU), and the camera is a little better.

If I had the iPad2 I would not have upgraded. I had the iPad 1 and the iPad 3 is a significant upgrade over that. My rule of thumb....upgrade every OTHER model.

Will get my case fitting photos up around noon.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Really it was only a minor upgrade. The screen resolution doubled, chipset went from A5 to A5X (both dual core, the A5X is coupled with a better GPU), and the camera is a little better.

If I had the iPad2 I would not have upgraded. I had the iPad 1 and the iPad 3 is a significant upgrade over that. My rule of thumb....upgrade every OTHER model.

4g/LTE was a huge upgrade, at least for those using Verizon and living in a 4g/LTE area. On at&t, meh. On Verizon, wow.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    so other than the screen, what is different on the 3?

It gets hotter than H-E-double hockey sticks. The screen display is an upgrade, and battery takes longer to charge. Camera has some upgrades. My wife has the 3 I have the 2 and without turning the brightness up I can't really notice with my bad eyes.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

This is my first IPad. So I'm loving it big time.

But I do agree with what you said. I have the iPhone 4, and I'll be upgrading to the iPhone 5, not the 4s.

Top Bottom