• sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    OK!!

You may keep her!! :D

Of course you realize, that you'll also need our approval to marry her!!

It's in the INGO FAQ's somewhere. :cool:

Its a good thing she is not a member and does not read this site, cause she would find you Uncle Mike and slap the taste out of your mouth for saying something like that

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You've got a shotgun that could work for home defense, an SKS which will work for home defense and atleast one revolver and knife (from your profile pic)...

The home defense shotgun can wait. Seriously, it can wait.

I knew I found my wife when she called my AR an AR. I knew I had to get get a ring on her finger quick when the second time she saw it a friend asked me "is it a preban?" and she replied: "It says Y2K on it dumb@ss, of course it's not".

Only you know the right thing(s) to do, but I'm a firm believer you only meet the right person maybe once in your life if you are lucky.

A lot of the guys are fixated on looks. Whatever, looks fade and pounds are gained with children or time. If she is right on mentally, then the looks are just icing on the cake.

Good luck to you both and congrats on finding each other.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...A lot of the guys are fixated on looks. Whatever, looks fade and pounds are gained with children or time. If she is right on mentally, then the looks are just icing on the cake.

Good luck to you both and congrats on finding each other.

Very well said, Prometheus. I've seen it in pictures, too:

TiredOfIt.jpg

sadclownwp, she's pretty and from your description, she's got a good sense of humor, but what's important is what's between her ears. If you're already planning on marrying her, the time to ask her is about a month ago.

Besides, a good HD shottie would make a nice wedding present for the both of you to share. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This thread has been voted as "Excellent" for exceptional range etiquette, a heart-warming story of womanly thoughtfulness (with a touch of feminine deception), and, of course, some excellent camera work with a very talented model. The advice from contributors also played a part in this thread's high rating.

Factors that almost compelled this reviewer to give a lower rating are the absence of a ring, the choice of buying a shotgun over a ring, and the lack of bikini photos. However, the aforementioned points were so overwhelmingly positive that they nevertheless earned this thread its 5-star rating.

Readers of all demographics should find this thread encouraging and stimulating. Bring your friends and/or family!

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    damn guys, this has turned into a thread about getting me hitched.

Perhaps you're not ready for that. That's ok, too. I think what everyone is really trying to point out (in case you didn't see it already ;)) is that she took the time to learn how to throw clays just for you. It doesn't sound like she goes to the range with her girlfriends (maybe, but since she declined to shoot, I'm guessing that she only goes with you), so she learned a skill specifically to benefit you. That's HUGE! *ding, ding, ding* She's in it for the long-haul already, ring or not.

Just make sure you treat her right. Maybe you can buy her something to take shooting with you. Or, better yet, learn a skill to complement something she likes.

I made the comment recently to a fellow INGO'er that my husband and I have finally found something we like to do together with Appleseed. I was corrected in that we do have rings, but we spent a lot of time (read: years - as in more than a decade) learning to do things the other liked. I've played my share of D&D, he's jumped in and played in my handbell choir when we were short a pair of hands. So, she's done something for you, now it's your turn. And maybe you've already found that one thing that you both LUV to do together. If not, enjoy the time together, keep learning new things, and *eh-hem* don't forget that ring somewhere along the way. :D
    BTW - good work cleaning up the range. :+1:

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    always nice to have a good day at the range. too bad lazy people abound & don't know how to clean up after themselves!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    pretty girl

Does she have a single sister about twice he age?

Lots of good advice here about rings and such. You ought to be kissing her feet for learning how to throw clays for you. and buy a 20 ga 1100 and some low brass #8's so she can learn to shoot with you. It'll work for HD with some high brass buck loads.

You're a lucky man. Don't blow a good thing.:rockwoot:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The thing is we did attend my cousins wedding this evening. not that either of us are ready to get married, but i think it did plant the idea in her head.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Oh and if I ever get married there will be plenty of open carry at the wedding. I want 2 1911's one on both sides, but with really nice, handles, something like rosewood, with celtic inlays. kinda like good BBQ guns.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom