• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My apartment complex has had numerous false alarms that prompted the fire department to arrive.

One night in particular though, about a month ago, mine went off randomly in the middle of the night. Then, big red flag, my dog goes to my bedroom window and starts growling. That’s unusual for him. I’m wondering if the alarm going off could have been a result of a cell phone jammer being used.

Thoughts and opinions?

Thoughts?

Google can go to ****

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Fire alarm goes off and dog senses somthing outside your bedroom window. Could be someone set the alarm off hoping to slip thru your window while you flee outside thinking there's a fire???

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    A .380 is more than enough for a stalker if you're confident in placing your mark.
    Yes a 380 will work and even a 22 will work but can we agree there are better self defense calibers that will work better and easier than either of them? My 100lb daughter can shoot a 9mm, 38spl, 40cal, and 12ga without issue and all make a better choice of self defense calibers imho. Why endorse the less effective and harder to stop aggressor calibers if there is better, bigger, and more effective options for her? Just a question and not trying to start a caliber debate either. D380 isnt in a debatable situation.

Last edited:

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Given that $$ can be short nowadays--especially after almost having to declare bankruptcy just from going to the grocery store--I'd suggest getting good with what you've got OP. Effectively using whatever caliber you've got is way better than kinda sorta being good with anything else.

Oh, and hate to say, but I think you're dead wrong about sausage gravy... done right there ain't nuthin better!!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Given that $$ can be short nowadays--especially after almost having to declare bankruptcy just from going to the grocery store--I'd suggest getting good with what you've got OP. Effectively using whatever caliber you've got is way better than kinda sorta being good with anything else.

Oh, and hate to say, but I think you're dead wrong about sausage gravy... done right there ain't nuthin better!!
    I agree on both. My suggestion of getting something bigger than a 380 was just that , a suggestion. If that's all she has for now yes please get proficient with it but go bigger asap would also be my suggestion.

Sausage gravy with a little bit of lumpage is the best, not a fan of lumpage bigger than the sausage bits in mine though.

All that and $2 will get a two dollar bill where im from.

eric001

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I agree on both. My suggestion of getting something bigger than a 380 was just that , a suggestion. If that's all she has for now yes please get proficient with it but go bigger asap would also be my suggestion.

Sausage gravy with a little bit of lumpage is the best, not a fan of lumpage bigger than the sausage bits in mine though.

All that and $2 will get a two dollar bill where im from.

I almost never end up with lumps--the trick according to my mom was to brown the flower-coated sausage, and stir persistently until it boils and thickens... take FOREVER, but damn! That and a couple over-easy eggs on top... Now I'm starving!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I almost never end up with lumps--the trick according to my mom was to brown the flower-coated sausage, and stir persistently until it boils and thickens... take FOREVER, but damn! That and a couple over-easy eggs on top... Now I'm starving!
    Yup hungry now too.. No mom to cook bfast here and I'm too lazy and impatient today, Jimmy Dean B&G for the win.

eric001

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yup hungry now too.. No mom to cook bfast here and I'm too lazy and impatient today, Jimmy Dean B&G for the win.
    Oh, she taught me that trick 40 years ago!!
    And I always had better luck with Bob Evans original--always cooks up better for me and I love their seasoning. Guess it's what you grow up with...
    Now, with a side of fresh thick-sliced bacon... Nomnomnom!!
    May just have to cook up a batch for lunch/supper today. I blame the Damsel and you bc!! Starving an old fat guy. For shame.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Oh, she taught me that trick 40 years ago!!
    And I always had better luck with Bob Evans original--always cooks up better for me and I love their seasoning. Guess it's what you grow up with...
    Now, with a side of fresh thick-sliced bacon... Nomnomnom!!
    May just have to cook up a batch for lunch/supper today. I blame the Damsel and you bc!! Starving an old fat guy. For shame.
    You're welcome, glad I could help :p:stickpoke::):

If you hurry I'll make you a plate too

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    JOWL BACON!

Chipped beef gravy > sausage gravy.

Lol by better kitchen tools do you mean something like attaching a whisk to a drill? My boys dad used to do that :rolleyes:

More like pot & pan sets...
    My wife had the worst mismatched collection of random pots & pans.

I had nothing when I got out of the military, a trip to the second hand stores solved that problem and my stuff matched better than hers!

I did have to split things up a little, we have huge pots & pans, food processing equipment for the home canning, which plugged up the kitchen, so when we had the opportunity, I built shelves in the summer kitchen for that stuff.
    That's when we could afford a summer kitchen, until then we just tripped over it.

Men like tool SETS...
    Women often have keepsakes.
    Everything she had came from someone she knew, so we still have most of it around here somewhere...

I like GADGETS!
    We have a large accumulation of odd peelers, grinders, slicers, processing equipment.
    Started that way because I couldn't afford the new stuff when we started canning on a large scale, so I use the older, second hand stuff, sometimes added motors on hand cranked stuff.

It all works, we have taken the oddest ones to the antique shows and show people how they used to do things.

Everything from food processing to sewing, knitting, leather working...
    Hand cranked Circular Sock Knitting Machine for example...

IMG_1719.JPG

Or 120 year old hand cranked or foot treadle sewing machines...

IMG_1655.JPG

Gives me something to do when it's cold, keeps me from losing I.Q. points in front of the TV...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    It is not good to live in fear. Listen to these guys and prepare yourself.

Nope.

Danger, or dangerous situations are REAL.

Fear is a choice, you CHOOSE to be afraid.

Education kills fear.
    Simply learn to deal with the situation/danger.

That doesn't mean you don't recognize & respect the actual danger...

Fear is also used as away to control people.
    See the irrationally overblown fear mongering...
    You simply need to educate and recognize what's going on and deal with it.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The smoke detectors in my rented house were going off randomly, even with new batteries. Smoke detectors have a shelf life and need replaced at least every 10 years.

As far as wishing your ex goes gay, abusers are abusers and hardly ever change their spots. Going to the “other team” only moves the problem. There are plenty of victims of male on male sexual/emotional abuse. (Pretty sure you were just using humor but it’s a serious issue no matter who the victim is)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I really like your style my friend, I hope you never change :yesway:

14 years ago, a boss told me I'd better change my ways or he'd fire me.
    I told him it was my 40th birthday, and I figure if I ain't change by then, I probably wouldn't change.
    Instead of firing me, he later quit.
    Then he came back.
    Then he was fired.

I am still employed.
    :)
    Well at least till the end of the year when I retire.
    :woot:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The last time I had a White Castle slider was around 1989. I would rather starve than eat another one.

Backstory: We were poor, living on dads income of around $15k/yr. Someone we knew scored a pallet of WC sliders, I think from a truck that had damaged cargo, and dad was able to get several cases for mere pennies. Our deep freezer was packed to the top with sliders. For well over a year, I ate WC sliders at least once a day. Would get one or two out of the freezer, and into the microwave. I can still smell them as I type this. I don't ever want to look at another WC slider again. You could say that I have PTSD.

Post Traumatic Slider Disorder?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The last time I had a White Castle slider was around 1989. I would rather starve than eat another one.

Backstory: We were poor, living on dads income of around $15k/yr. Someone we knew scored a pallet of WC sliders, I think from a truck that had damaged cargo, and dad was able to get several cases for mere pennies. Our deep freezer was packed to the top with sliders. For well over a year, I ate WC sliders at least once a day. Would get one or two out of the freezer, and into the microwave. I can still smell them as I type this. I don't ever want to look at another WC slider again. You could say that I have PTSD.
    That is a stomach turning story even to a guy that likes them once or twice a year.

Top Bottom