• ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    indytechnerd,

as you may be aware, websense does still log all of your web traffic (even if it doesn't block it). surfing INGO may be against company policy and the activity is most likely getting recorded.

I'm not worried, the IT guys who manage websense sit right behind me. The only way internet usage reports get viewed by mgmt is if the IT guys run them.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    My firm just hired an IT guy on a one-year contract to basically sift through records of everything we do every minute of the day. I'm glad that the 10% pay cut we took is helping keep the firm afloat :rolleyes: I don't care though. I'm one of the few employees who doesn't call-off and I actually get all my work done and then some. :dunno: The way I see it, if they're going to complain about it, I'll just ask what the problem is? :D Besides, I'm on the way out anyway. Hopefully just another month of this :wallbash:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I work for communists. "Guns" haven't been specifically blocked, and this site will never (hopefully) show up on Websense's big list, so I can INGO at work. FB and a TON of other stuff is gone though. Half my bookmarks get nowhere anymore :(

They have facebook blocked here as well but for the time being you can go to facebook by typing an "s" after the http as shown: https://www.facebook.com

It's kind of a hassle because every new page (i.e. Friends pages) you go to you have to recopy the blocked page and put that "S" in there.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I work for communists. "Guns" haven't been specifically blocked, and this site will never (hopefully) show up on Websense's big list, so I can INGO at work. FB and a TON of other stuff is gone though. Half my bookmarks get nowhere anymore :(

Once "guns" are gone, gonads will soon follow.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom