• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    went to the range today to try out some new ammo i had never used before. (blazer .45 auto)was at the 7 yard range at fcvcc when i noticed something coming towards me another shot and something else comes back at me again. i waited a few min and called cold range and went to see what it was and it was the copper cover for the bullet that was flying back at me. it wasn't the whole bullet just looked like it had a copper jacket. one landed 1' or so from my feet the other just 3 or 4. they didn't have much speed to them i was able to watch them fly back at me with plenty of time to move had they flown straight back at me. has anyone else ever noticed this or is this something i should maybe bring to the attention of a higher up :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    My revolver does this, and sometimes gets jammed when I shoot .357, a little piece of the bullet will graze the muzzle and leave a piece of metal looked like it was cut by a tin snip. only one time I was hit in the face with it and yes it hurt like a *****. If it happens again today with different ammo and not the cheapest stuff I could fine, I'm sending it back to Taurus.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I have seen 45 slugs bounce back on more than one occasion at a club I shoot at. The back stop is clay/dirt and it's a pit.
    Funny it's only the 45's that I have seen do this, no not just the jacket but the whole slug.
    I actually caught one once and another time a friend got smacked in the thigh.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    My revolver does this, and sometimes gets jammed when I shoot .357, a little piece of the bullet will graze the muzzle and leave a piece of metal looked like it was cut by a tin snip. only one time I was hit in the face with it and yes it hurt like a *****. If it happens again today with different ammo and not the cheapest stuff I could fine, I'm sending it back to Taurus.

You have a timing problem . I would have it checked/adjusted before shooting it too much. If the timing gets further off you will have a bigger problem then just a shaving.

Top Bottom