Good news is, I didn't get arrested today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It really doesn't matter where he was heading, without a valid Larry he'd have needed to transport unloaded, encased and out of reach.

There was no reason to confiscate the handgun, but in lieu of the misdemeanor charge, I'd probably let that go under this circumstance.

My biggest problem here is that now we have several cops who preemptively disarmed a guy who said he had a license and turned out to be breaking the currently accepted law of the land. Now they have been "rewarded" for their behavior and if course will go ahead and disarm the next guy in the side of the road. :facepalm:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    FNP-9 with a stainless slide & composite body is a much Sexier weapon than the Glock's. And let's be honest about it, that's what really matters.

Actually don't the police have your "sexy" firearm?

Sort of on topic, I wonder what would happen if someone possessed a LTCH that was expired on its face but you had applied within the thirty day window but did not yet receive your new one? Is the renewal in the system our do you really have to carry around your receipt around to prevent trouble?

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    My understanding is if you apply for a replacement within 30 days of expiry, you are legal until it arrives. The LEO asked her dispatch if I had applied for another one, and he said there was no record of it.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    It doesn't sound like anyone involved (OP, LEO-1, LEO-2 and LEO-3) was being a jerk. OP had what I would consider a "paperwork" violation and now has to deal with the hassle. LEO had the opportunity to turn up the drama meter and mess with OP but chose to be reasonable. LEO could have patted him on the head and sent him on his way but could also have turned this into something serious, they went for the middle ground. I would accept the hassle, apply for the Lifetime LTCH (which OP did) and maybe check my DL expiration date while I was thinking about it.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It doesn't sound like anyone involved (OP, LEO-1, LEO-2 and LEO-3) was being a jerk. OP had what I would consider a "paperwork" violation and now has to deal with the hassle. LEO had the opportunity to turn up the drama meter and mess with OP but chose to be reasonable. LEO could have patted him on the head and sent him on his way but could also have turned this into something serious, they went for the middle ground. I would accept the hassle, apply for the Lifetime LTCH (which OP did) and maybe check my DL expiration date while I was thinking about it.

Exactly my take on the situation.

And yes, applied that day, L1 fingerprinting yesterday, Finish application at County Sheriff this afternoon.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    To the OP. Nice post, I applaud all involved. Seems to me all acted in a reasonable manner, you and leo. Move on and ignore all the negative knee jerk comments.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Summarize this thread:

Dont break traffic laws.

If you carry a gun have your **** squared away.

Don't volunteer info to the police on a traffic stop or anywhere. Be polite though.

dont post about **** that can jam you up later on the Internet. I can see some liberal tard reading your story and taking it to the prosecutor or channel 8 news asking why a "dangerous illegal gun carrier wasnt arrested".

You'll get your damn bullets back! He will get his damn bullets back!!

if you do get pulled over better hope its VUPDblue who does it.

no one listens to VUPDblue

NOT HOT!!! And seconded

we need constitutional carry in Indiana this years session!

filed for new ltltch

if you still have to drive around 38th street then your not gonna have a pistol for a while, carry a long gun.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Summarize this thread:

Dont break traffic laws.

If you carry a gun have your **** squared away.

Don't volunteer info to the police on a traffic stop or anywhere. Be polite though.

dont post about **** that can jam you up later on the Internet. I can see some liberal tard reading your story and taking it to the prosecutor or channel 8 news asking why a "dangerous illegal gun carrier wasnt arrested".

You'll get your damn bullets back! He will get his damn bullets back!!

if you do get pulled over better hope its VUPDblue who does it.

no one listens to VUPDblue

NOT HOT!!! And seconded

we need constitutional carry in Indiana this years session!

filed for new ltltch

if you still have to drive around 38th street then your not gonna have a pistol for a while, carry a long gun.

Can you provide a Cliff's Notes summary every time we have a thread go over 10 pages? :)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This was ALMOST me.. I let my LTCH expire, thought it expired June 14, it was May 14. I MIGHT have carried for a couple weeks on an expired license..

:n00b:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    NOT HOT!!! And seconded

You know, some women are hot in ways that are not evident in daily life, and some women who are superficially hot are just so boring in bed (it's really sad how often this is the case). A connoisseur of women will look more deeply into the sexual essence of a person, and sometimes that's not possible because of the circumstances. Sometimes it requires a particularly appreciative person. For this reason, and also for the simple reason of politeness, I avoid judging "hot or not" on the internet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    "You know, some women are hot in ways that are not evident in daily life, and some women who are superficially hot are just so boring in bed (it's really sad how often this is the case). A connoisseur of women will look more deeply into the sexual essence of a person, and sometimes that's not possible because of the circumstances. Sometimes it requires a particularly appreciative person. For this reason, and also for the simple reason of politeness, I avoid judging "hot or not" on the internet."

While I applaud, understand and completely agree with this very unusually intelligent and experienced insight, It is nice to have SOMETHING to work with, at least to carry one through the first couple of times. You don't really know that the librarian is an untamed tiger until you get scratched up a few of times.

Top Bottom